Start by marking “Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]” as Want to Read:
Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]

Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  424 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Explore the human body's vast energetic network with Dr. Caroline Myss, America's #1 medical intuitive and author of the New York Times bestsellers Anatomy of the Spirit and Why People Don't Heal and How They Can. Complete nine-hour course reveals every phase of her groundbreaking work with the human energy system, including the chakra system, intuition, power centers, bio ...more
Audio CD, 8 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Sounds True (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]

Julie McNelis
Apr 05, 2008 Julie McNelis rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: New Age granola space age, chronic health issues looking alternative healing modalities
Shelves: energy-medicine
If you are feeling open and you'd like to "wake-up" today - I HIGHLY recommend this audiobook. You can thank Caroline Myss for her insight into the non-material presence in this life and with shining wisdom, bringing it quickly to the material world. This is a wonderful spiritual and scientific lecture series, not to mention a very exciting journey to listen to (even if you never enact her beliefs into your life). It has helped me profoundly with balancing my energy and I did not have to be a my ...more
Jen Marin
Carolyn Myss doesn't pull any punches when she describes how the ways we invest our energy affect our emotional and spiritual health. Blending symbolism that draws from her childhood in the Catholic Church, the Chakras of Indian tradition and the Qaballah gives her a framework with which to describe the various ways we disengage from our own power. This framework also gives useful clues toward reengaging with this power and developing a congruence that nurtures our further growth and healing.

She
Kasey Jueds
Jan 24, 2012 Kasey Jueds rated it really liked it
Not something I'd have normally been interested in, but a friend recommended this, and I'm so glad she did. It's incredibly rich; I feel like I need to read/listen many more times in order to really begin even to understand it. Occasionally I think Caroline Myss goes over the top in terms of the connections she makes--some I found hard to swallow--but overall I loved it, and was surprised, and moved, and learned a ton. It's hard to explain what this book is about (part of the reason I need to re ...more
Anne
Jun 10, 2010 Anne rated it it was amazing
Forrest Yoga Certificaion Homework.

Blew my mind. Freaking rocked.
For anyone working with their body as well as their spirituality, these tapes/book will give you a lot of insight into developing your awareness and working with the energy centers in your body.

Like anything, use what works for you, and follow your internal guidance. Carolyn Myss teaches that herself.
Jared Kessler
May 20, 2008 Jared Kessler rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in Chakras, energy, healing.
I had come across Carline Myss from a friend who works at the library. She has such a calm and passionate message to all of her works. I find she has such a great authentic style, that it is hard NOT to listen to her. Although, I never knew much about the Chakras, I do find her work uniquely compelling and a must read.
Francine
Aug 29, 2013 Francine rated it really liked it
Actually this is a 9-CD verison ...she is playful, interesting and downright clear. I loved the connection Myss makes between chakras, Roman Catholic sacraments and Jewish teachings. I've read a couple of books on energy medicine and I feel like I am beginning to "get" it now that I have listened to this work.
Kendall
Jul 29, 2007 Kendall rated it it was amazing
I first listened to this audio book while walking around a pond outside of my mom's house in Dallas, Texas. It had a permanent impact on me by changing the way I understand the mind/body connection and how energy and thoughts affect the physical. Very powerful and a must-read for anyone.
Martha
Oct 01, 2014 Martha rated it it was amazing
I have listened to this book on audio multiple times. No matter how often I revisit it, I learnn something new. I love that the truth continues to reveal itself through this teaching, as I mature in my spirit walk. I highly recommeend it to anyone on a spiritual journey.
Shonna Hill
Jul 06, 2015 Shonna Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chakras
I'm only a few chapters into this audiobook, but I sense that it's going to be one of the most important texts I ever encounter. Already I've had some very profound a-ha moments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Karen
Aug 13, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
I don't often rate 5 stars, but this deserves it. Finished the audiobook and immediately going to start it again... Myss is full if refreshing wisdom and true insight.
Lisa P.
Dec 12, 2011 Lisa P. rated it it was amazing
Too many good points to mention, Great listening in the car on audio cd.
Lots to ponder, something you will want to reference time and again.
Bernard Fruga
Nov 01, 2012 Bernard Fruga rated it really liked it
The book puts seven chakras on the social and health context. Myss tries to explain body problems according to one of the energy centers being disturbed in a particular unhealthy situation. I found “Energy Anatomy” interesting and easy listening book for my daily two-hours-long commuting. Additionally to the chakras-health issues, Caroline Myss also presented stories from her personal life including her experience as a medical intuitive, studies in theology and her professional transition from a ...more
Tori Montes
Jul 25, 2016 Tori Montes rated it liked it
There is a lot of good stuff in here about being in the present etc and about the divine. That said I don't agree with much of what Myss says like if we don't fully understand a situation we can't be harmed by it which flies right in the face of children being abducted when they trust. But once again like most self help books a person needs to take it what resonates with them and leave the rest behind
Launchingstars
Mar 27, 2016 Launchingstars rated it it was amazing
Again I have referred back to this several times.
Steph Park
Jun 08, 2016 Steph Park rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
Megan
Feb 11, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
I really appreciated Myss' incorporation of religious backgrounds, her respect for religious structures, and her flexibility in using different vocabulary to describe intuition and universal energy -- she makes these human strengths more accessible by using inclusive language and helping readers tune into the energy and wisdom they already possess to heal themselves and others. I want to own this book and revisit it. I've not been able to put it down.
Kent
Overall I enjoyed this book, I may not agree with all that is said, but I do think she does offer a unique perspective and feel there are many truths to be had in this book Such as the connection to energy & health etc. I do plan on listening again, especially bookmarked portions that I fell are most applicable to my life..
Nez
Jul 30, 2011 Nez rated it it was amazing
I used to ignore anything that contained the word 'chakra', but now I get what the big deal is about. I listened to these tapes ( not really reading is it!) and wow this information really connected to me. It made me realise the source of my back pain and blow me away- the pain seems to have gone!
Amy
Nov 11, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it
I don't know much about chakras (which is why I wanted to read this book), but from what I can tell Myss takes great liberties in shaping chakra theories into a too-neat, personal religion of which she is the Pope.
Bonnie Ricica
Feb 24, 2012 Bonnie Ricica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, reference
From this book, I have a better understanding of how the chakras fit into other religions. Her explanations and examples helped make several of the concepts more clear.
Tonya
Jul 07, 2009 Tonya rated it it was amazing
I want to listen to this over and over again. It is broken down into very understandable segments and relates the chakras to Christianity and Judaism.
Kim Hines
Aug 30, 2013 Kim Hines rated it it was amazing
Excellent book--warning: you've got to be in the mood to do some deep honest exploration and learning. Myss is brilliant!
Susan
Jul 17, 2011 Susan added it
Excelent book on energy and virbration healing mixed in with Carolines approach to spirituality and mysticism.
Aug 27, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Amazing information - a lot to absorb. I will re-listen to this again in the future.
Joy Ayscue
May 22, 2008 Joy Ayscue rated it it was amazing
An excellent treatment of the chakra system and it's potentials.
Holly
Apr 23, 2008 Holly rated it it was amazing
cool info on chakras and energy and health. Body/energy intelligence
Xavier.vercaemst
Oct 18, 2010 Xavier.vercaemst rated it it was amazing
great seminar excellent addition to the actual book!
Karen
Dec 04, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Interesting ideas--taken with a grain of salt
Jenna
Sep 10, 2013 Jenna rated it really liked it
Energy map through the chakras.
Carol Ann
  • The Flowering of Human Consciousness
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Wisdom of Your Cells: How Your Beliefs Control Your Biology
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • The Quantum Doctor: A Physicist's Guide to Health and Healing
  • Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement, and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
  • Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End
  • Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui
  • Healing Love through the Tao: Cultivating Female Sexual Energy
  • Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing
  • Anatomy of Movement
Caroline Myss was born on December 2, 1952 in Chicago, and grew up with her parents, and two brothers, one elder and one younger, in the Melrose Park, Illinois neighbourhood near Chicago. Caroline was raised a Catholic, and attended the Mother Guerin High School, River Grove, Illinois, run by the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. She completed her Bachelor of Arts degree in journal ...more
More about Caroline Myss...