Start by marking “Detroit Metal City, Vol. 2 (Detroit Metal City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Detroit Metal City, Vol. 2 (Detroit Metal City, #2)

Detroit Metal City, Vol. 2 (Detroit Metal City #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An anti-male, all-girl punk band is ripping up the charts and has declared all-out war on DMC. They're asking for nothing less than the total emasculation of Krauser and his minions, and DMC will need to bring some serious metal might if they hope to squash this new troupe of sultry songstresses. And what the hell is Krauser doing at an amusement park? Planning a new blood ...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Detroit Metal City, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detroit Metal City, Vol. 2

Ray
I give this one more star than last time, because I like that there's a riot grrl punk band. Gets a bit more interesting, at least someone is calling out the metalhead poseurs.

Japanese music fans, according to this book, sure are idiots. Buying into whatever cover story their shock value stars purport. It's like the industry of pop idols but metal. Rap as well, there's a rapper in this volume who turns out to be, surprise, a complete poseur.

The main protagonist is still unlikable, and I don't b
Ismael Galvan
This is a very hilarious manga. I didn't know if had the guts to keep up the fire from the first issue, but it did. The writer came up with some new material that expanded on the DMC universe. The Rap vs. Metal segment cracked me up. I'll be reading the next issue.
Tippy Jackson
Indy
First several volues are not so funny, but it gets super funny later!
To fully understand the funniness of this manga, you have to read other manga that are used as parodies such as Slam Dunk, Dragon ball, 81 Diver, etc.
Batsap
Oh Detroit Metal City, how you make me laugh.
Seriously, this stuff is insane. It's a weird mixture of innocence and absolute foulness.
The last chapter s classic.
Geoff Sebesta
Let this be a lesson to you; if your idea is really dumb you will run out of new territory very, very quickly.

I'm done. I can't even read it ironically any more.
scarlettraces
i really really wish this wasn't so funny. or alternatively that some of the images hadn't stuck with me for so long.
Trey Jackson
gets a bit formulaic, but still good times.
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Bruh
Bruh marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Individuo80
Individuo80 marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Detroit Metal City (10 books)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 1 (Detroit Metal City, #1)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 3
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 4
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 5
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 6 (Detroit Metal City, #6)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 7 (Detroit Metal City, #7)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 8 (Detroit Metal City, #8)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 9 (Detroit Metal City, #9)
  • Detroit Metal City, Vol. 10 (Detroit Metal City, #10)
Detroit Metal City, Vol. 1 (Detroit Metal City, #1) Detroit Metal City, Vol. 3 Detroit Metal City, Vol. 4 Detroit Metal City, Vol. 5 Detroit Metal City, Vol. 6 (Detroit Metal City, #6)