Start by marking “Fashion Geek: Clothing, Accessories, Tech” as Want to Read:
Fashion Geek: Clothing, Accessories, Tech

Fashion Geek: Clothing, Accessories, Tech

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews

High fashion goes digital with Diana Eng! In Fashion Geek, Diana pioneers an emerging generation of tech savvy women crafters (or would-be crafters) who demand stylish yet practical designs that are chemically charged. Now you can take simple, girly items such as a hoodie or scarf and transform them into must-have techno-accessories through approachable, step-by-step direc

Published March 17th 2009 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about Fashion Geek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fashion Geek

Kenneth Finnegan
May 15, 2010 Kenneth Finnegan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Either fabric crafters or electronic crafters that want to bridge the gap between them.
I found this book to be a very friendly middle ground between the fabric crafty type and the electronics crafty type. The book begins with a simple few page introduction to how to thread a needle and how to light up an LED, so either group could probably get something out of this book.
The rest of the book consists of a few specific projects, and some extra ideas which are more complicated. All of the projects have color photographs and very nice illustrations. I don't expect that I would actuall
These projects are very good starting points for someone interested in adding high-tech elements to their fashion/jewelry projects. They aren't too over the top (like another resource I looked at), and they are interesting and well-conceived. Though there is a short tutorial on sewing techniques included, I think these projects are really better attempted by at least an intermediate sewer.
Keli
Fans of Project Runway will remember the geeky Diana Eng. In this DIY craft/fashion book, she brings simple technology to crafters. While many of the projects are a variation on the use of LED lights or putting heaphones into something, it's an interesting twist on the standard DIY fare. Of course now I'm thinking what I can put LED lights into.
Melissa
I haven't made anything from this book just yet, but I really love the projects they have going here. I think I will make the purse that lights up when your phone rings. Too cool! It has also given me a few ideas of my own. Now I only need the time to do it! :)
Molly
Aug 31, 2009 Molly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: craft
Neat ideas, but I don't think I will make anything from this book right now. It does seem like a good reference though for future projects.
Kate
Dec 20, 2013 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafty
While I wasn't quite on board with many of the projects in the book, what a neat idea, and fabulous starting point!!!
Isa
Good ideas and understandable tutorials, covers a broad range of technologies and also basic sewing techniques. Definitely nice for inspiration.
Rebecca
Basically, covering existing technology with fabric, minimal circuit building.
Superchick
would love to take a class to learn these techniques!
Didi
Didi marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Davina
Davina marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Chaitanya
Chaitanya marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Alan
Alan added it
Mar 08, 2014
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2014
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jun 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Fashion Geek: Clothes Accessories Tech Fashion Geek: Clothes Accessories Tech TechStyle