Start by marking “Sell with Soul: Creating an Extraordinary Career in Real Estate without Losing Your Friends, Your Principles or Your Self-Respect” as Want to Read:

Sell with Soul is part rookie-survival-guide and part call-to-action for the real estate community. Largely autobiographical, the author shares her rise from a nervous rookie agent to a successful real estate broker in Denver, Colorado. The book also contains de
Published July 11th 2008 by BlueGreen Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Sell with Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sell with Soul

Denise Russo
May 14, 2015 Denise Russo rated it really liked it
Having read many of the Law of Attraction books I was intrigued when I came across a real estate book based on the same premise while trying to help my daughter, who is in real estate streamline her efforts. From the first page the author gives you hope that you don't have to be part of the Old School mentality and that you can be yourself and still be successful. I would recommend this to anyone in or thinking about getting into real estate.
Tonya
Sep 30, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing
Glad I read this! After taking a break from the industry, Jennifer has reminded me there's no need for me to follow those God-forsaken sales tactics that are so against my personality. As I read it, I kept thinking: "I knew it! I knew it!". I'm now really looking forward to working as a agent again.
Lizlemon70
Oct 31, 2013 Lizlemon70 rated it really liked it
Wish I read this when I first started in the industry. But a great read for anyone in the business who is turned off by cold calling, condescending scripts, and doing other things that annoy people. It's good to know I don't have to do these things to be successful.

However there were a few recommendations I absolutely did not agree with such as agents should be on call 24/7 and new agents should show a house even if the buyer already has an agent. I don't think so. Waste of time, not to mention
Meredith
May 04, 2015 Meredith rated it it was ok
Much of the book is spent quoting other authors. The rest of it is Allan-Hagedorn emphasizing that she never listened to any advice from other agents and was only successful because she didn't do what "Old School" agents did.
Garret Hunt
Jul 24, 2015 Garret Hunt rated it really liked it
I actually felt like this was a 3 star book, but I gave it 4 stars because I am not the target audience as I have already been a Real Estate agent for a few years. I do think it's a good read for new agents.
Jill Rumley
Jun 15, 2014 Jill Rumley rated it liked it
Good advice about following your heart in a business that can eat you alive. I don't agree with some things she says, especially when it comes to blowing off Commission mandated forms regarding Agency. The law is the law, you can lose your license if you don't do it. Justin sayin'....
EVIE JOHNS
Jan 25, 2016 EVIE JOHNS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

Great information for new agents and seasoned agents and brokers ! Selling is
not always cold calling door knocking read the book and see what I mean it will
Messyjessie32
Sep 10, 2015 Messyjessie32 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

Any agent needs to follow Jennifer's lead. Stop wasting your money and just be the best you can be to your sphere of influence. That's the gist of the book.
Andrea Cochran
May 01, 2016 Andrea Cochran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the better books I've read in my first yr of real estate.
Jun 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Somewhat basic but something I think every new real estate agent should read.
David Teachout
Mar 12, 2016 David Teachout rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
If you want a humorous, informative and utterly human portrayal of the Real Estate business, then this is for you. Great ideas throughout and shared with an honesty that is refreshing.
Claire Bates
Jan 15, 2014 Claire Bates rated it really liked it
Good practical advice and lots of reassurance you don't have to turn into a sales monster to be successful.
Carmen
Feb 01, 2016 Carmen rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful resource for new agents! I will return to it again and again.
Renae
Renae rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Kate Kucherenko
Kate Kucherenko rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Whalen Ng
Whalen Ng rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Jeremy Bethea
Jeremy Bethea rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2014
Keith Burkett
Keith Burkett rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
laura bockoven
laura bockoven rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Bryce Klomp
Bryce Klomp rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Kristy Musall
Kristy Musall rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2009
Martin
Martin rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Nagaisgich
Nagaisgich rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Annie Gustafson
Annie Gustafson rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Shift: The 12 Tactics Real Estate Agents Must Do Now to Win in a Down Market
  • The (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals
  • Mastering the Art of Selling Real Estate
  • 8 to Great: The Powerful Process for Positive Change
  • The Making of a Radical: A Political Autobiography
  • Flip: How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Coronation (Kid Sensation #5)
  • Loving and Leaving the Good Life
  • The Just Right Home: Buying, Renting, Moving--or Just Dreaming--Find Your Perfect Match!
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • What Matters Most: The Power of Living Your Values
  • How the Best Leaders Lead: Proven Secrets to Getting the Most Out of Yourself and Others
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing: How to Identify the Hottest Markets and Secure the Best Deals
  • Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection from Cold Calling
  • Once We Were Like Wolves (Tears of Rage, #2)
  • Chic & Simple Sewing: Skirts, Dresses, Tops, and Jackets for the Modern Seamstress
  • Hold: How to Find, Buy, and Keep Real Estate Properties to Grow Wealth