Way of the Bull

Way of the Bull

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A stirring story of Leo Buscaglia's travels from Japan and Hong Kong to Cambodia and Calcutta on his personal quest for discovery, searching for the bull--the Chinese symbol of life--in himself and all of us, the bull that must remain untethered and free to explore.
Mass Market Paperback, 115 pages
Published September 12th 1986 by Fawcett (first published August 13th 1957)

Tom Lewis
My (And the author's) favorite of his many writings. I read it after reading a number of his other books and saw in it the living reality of his philosophy. On the surface it is a mere telling of his travels in the East. Underneath it is akin to his Acts of the Apostles. The way he expresses his valuation of the lowliest of people in the slums of Calcutta brings tears to my eyes every time I read this book. Honestly I wouldn't recommend that this be the first of Buscaglia's works you read. Or th...more
Tristy
This book purports to be the author's personal spiritual journey, but really, it's a story of his travels around the world. There really isn't much spirituality in the book, except for the usual "we are all one" kind of epiphany. There are plenty of much better spiritual journey stories out there. But if you are interested in a man's travels through mostly Asian countries in the 1960's & 70's, you might find this interesting.
Christi
This book is the reason I wanted to travel the world. And I did do just that. Leo inspired me to get out there and see the great big world and all the people who are just like me, only different. I learned that everyone really has the same wants and fears- and the Jesus is the answer for everyone. Great book!
Jan 05, 2008 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: my mother's bookshelf
Speaking of identity quests through Asia, this guy covers a lot of ground. I like that he lets stories speak for themselves instead of miring them in gobble-dee-gook, and there are some amazing stories about connections between human beings, but it was not as life-changing as the 1970s back cover promised.
Sabihah
This book is about Leo Buscaglia's travels through Asia. What I learnt was that sometimes we should not judge a book by its cover (people are not always what/how they appear at first) and also to be open to new experiences, to be flexible otherwise you might lose out on some wonderful experiences.
Eva
Nice book, but suspense is missing!!!
Agi
I like Buscaglia's gentle style and his drive to see not just the tourist attractions while traveling but to meet the every day people of each place . His accounts are fascinating to read and clearly he had a lot of fun.
Madjid
درباره این کتاب در کرم کتاب مطالب بیشتری نوشته ام.
Joshua
Great read, though as the author suggests I prefer to take my own path - not merely follow his.
Elliott
One of the better travel books I've read. I like that Sri Lanka is still Ceylon in this one.
Nikish Chanekar
I read the book. Book felt nice and warm. but i perhaps was expecting too much from.
Marianne
all of this Author's books are great!!
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Marietta
Marietta marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Mark Anthony
Mark Anthony marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a...more
More about Leo Buscaglia...
Living Loving and Learning Love The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: A Story Of Life For All Ages Loving Each Other Personhood: The Art of Being Fully Human