Start by marking “Spirituelle Magie. Die hohe Kunst der Heiler und Hexen.” as Want to Read:
Spirituelle Magie. Die hohe Kunst der Heiler und Hexen.

Spirituelle Magie. Die hohe Kunst der Heiler und Hexen.

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,005 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Published on the heels of her enthralling memoir, Book of Shadows,Phyllis Curott's second exploration of Wiccan magic, Witch Crafting, delves deeper into the spiritual beliefs and practices of the fastest-growing religion in America. Rather than provide a mechanical course on becoming a witch, Curott wanted to "create an inspiring primer on how to live an empowered, divine ...more
Published January 1st 2002 by Ansata (first published September 11th 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Spirituelle Magie. Die hohe Kunst der Heiler und Hexen.

Eishexe
This was the first book on Wicca that I picked up when I was 15 or so. I still have it, if that means anything. This is a great primer on the Wiccan religion. She covers the fundamental Wiccan beliefs, holy days, traditions and lists correspondences for spellcraft. This book's tone is predominantly spiritual/religious, so if yer lookin' for an intro to spells, either casting or writing, I suggest perhaps looking into something else. I found Power Spellcraft for Life to be helpful, and the Elemen ...more
Kay
Phyllis Curott is utterly sensible in her writing style, and I appreciate that, especially since a great deal of pagan books are way less down-to-earth. This is a great practical handbook for both beginners and oldbies like me (I've been pagan for almost 14 years now), giving explanations of why we do what we do that are easy to understand and often not discussed. Some of us, particularly practitioners who have never been part of a coven, don't get these theological explanations of how and why s ...more
One of my favorite books on the subject, I love the way Phyllis breaks things down and describes them, she makes the subject so accessible. I like that she challenges notions blanketly accepted by Wiccans today, like the Law of Three. The chapter on how quantum physics supports the concepts of magick is also particularly interesting.
Feistymonkey
Probably the best beyond the basics books on witchcraft that I have ever read.Perhaps even the only beyond the basics book I've read that, in fact, goes beyond the basics. I borrowed it from the library and didn't want to return it.
Ami Gallier
Great read. This author backs up magical lessons with science, while not getting entangled in it!
Lady
An excellent Witchcraft how-to of use to the folk Crafter and the Kitchen Witch especially. Very rich in sensory experience and hands-on work and imagery, acquainting oneself with the natural world, etc. I still use a variation of Curott's ritual bath formula to clean ritual clothes and altar cloths.
Bethany Frost
This was the first book on Wicca I got when I was young. I let a friend of mine borrow it and they lost it! I have been looking for this book ever since! I am so glad to finally find it again!!! This book is great for new practitioners as well as seasoned ones. This book really helps you inderstand Wicca!!!
Heather
Oct 16, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Zane, Elizabeth, Christine, Molly
The way everyone first read - or was told to read - Starhawk's Spiral Dance in the 80s when seeking Witchcraft books, well, this is the book everyone I know suggests today. It's ALWAYS one of the main books used in my WC apprenticeships. The part about quantum physics is great at explaining magic; I like that the energy of the Universe is Divine Love and not neutral as other books say; the reasons for getting rid of the scare tactics of the 3 fold law are amazing (getting rid of all poorly under ...more
Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie
As someone who had never read anything (besides online) about Wicca, I learned a lot from this book. It gave a very good overview of one tradition of Wicca, The Tradition of Ara. While before reading this book I was interested in paganism in general, but not specifically Wicca, Witch Crafting has caused me to consider Wicca (though not necessarily the Tradition of Ara) as a potential path. It also contains some very helpful exercises in meditation and visualisation, as well as lots of useful tab ...more
Rachael Stein
Good, practical thoughts about the whys and wherefores of witchcraft. I don't think the Rule of Three is as sinister as she makes it out to be, though. I find the gendered duality of Wicca much more troublesome, but Ara's idea of substituting "Lover and Beloved" for "Lord and Lady" is a step in the right direction.

Tatra
I liked her voice in this book, which is why I took my time in reading it. And I also really liked her views on Wicca. She practices it in a free and fun way and I think that really helps in reading about it, as it's not just a list of things to do and say.
Sum Merland
Neither bad, neither good, just Currot's take on her americanized wiccan tradition. Certain exercises are more or les interresting, still i didn't consider this book as an interesting work for someone who has been around wicca for a while.
Michelle
I liked this book but got tired of the genre. I have to say that Phyllis Curott is one of the best authors I have ever read on the subject. I would encourage anyone interested in the path to read her books and skipping most others.
Rebecca Wright
This is an OK book. Not my style but nothing really wrong with it. I think it is misleading that she really does not have any real magical workings in the book, it is all more spiritual based. But like I said, not a bad book.
Andrea
I think this was a great primer. It's aimed at those new to the Craft and sets out solid groundwork. A fuller review can be found on my website, A Less Travelled Path.
Lee
A poetic introduction to witchcraft 101; the book insists that you actively participate in the set acitivities which highlights what I largely agree with; that spiritual practise isn't just a spectator sport.
Anna
A good book for the beginning Witch, covers the spirtual side of the practice as opposed to the ritual and technical aspect of the religion.
Caroline Wilson
This is a brilliant follow up book to 'The book of Shadows' with though provoking ideas on how to enter the craft. Well written as always.
Hayley
just a note- have been not only reading but working with this book- hence why it's taken me so long to finish!
Sandi Kay
This is a big gem. I feel like I will refer back to this book a lot. I love that!
Jenn
I still haven't managed to read this in its entirety, but I really liked what I did read.
Kelly
More than just a spellbook. Good one to add to your witchy collection.
Nicole
I really enjoyed the look inside more of the author's personal practices.
Kelly
Wish this book was out when I was in junior high, it's good for beginners.
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Jess
Jess added it
Mar 03, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
  • Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick
  • The Craft: A Witch's Book of Shadows
  • The Witches' Goddess
  • Natural Magic
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Wicca: A Year and a Day: 366 Days of Spiritual Practice in the Craft of the Wise
  • Wicca For One: The Path Of Solitary Witchcraft
  • The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Pagan Book of Living and Dying: Practical Rituals, Prayers, Blessings, and Meditations on Crossing Over
  • Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
  • Coven Craft: Witchcraft for Three or More
  • Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
Book of Shadows The Love Spell: An Erotic Memoir of Spiritual Awakening Im Namen Der Grossen Göttin Wicca: The Old Religion In the New Millennium

“Since the 1960s, many men have struggled to find a new definition of masculinity, one that does not involve shutting down emotionally only to burst out in anger or violence once those feelings surface. In the 1980s, Robert Bly, a leader of the men’s movement, wisely and sadly noted that men don’t talk about their feelings because when they look inside, they cannot find them. And the common experience of the absent father is also a reflection of that distant God whom we can’t access—He came, He procreated, He went to the office, so obey the rules while He’s gone and He’ll be back on Judgment Day to punish you if you were naughty. Expressing most feelings other than anger is taboo for men, and many of us women also have this problem of repressed emotion, especially when we enter the once-forbidden work realms of men, where strong emotion is considered a weakness. Bly’s other great and wise suggestion was that the appropriate response to such an absence of feelings is grief.” 0 likes