Start by marking “Savage Autumn” as Want to Read:
Savage Autumn

Savage Autumn (Savage Seasons #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Joanna escapes the lustful clutches of her lecherous uncle only to be taken captive by a powerful Blackfoot warrior. But Joanna will soon learn that beneath Windhawk’s proud exterior beats a heart that belongs only to her.

Mass Market Paperback, 479 pages
Published March 15th 1990 by Zebra (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Autumn

Pam
Wow...what can I say about this book? I loved, Windhawk ....he was so loving to Joanna. He was so patient and didn't rush her into a relationship. He wanted her to come to him and really mean it when they made love for the first time.

Windhawk meets Joanna and Tag when their Wagon train stops on the trail. Tag wants a Tomahawk and trades his knife with Windhawk for one.

Windhawk cared so much for Joanna and her little brother Tag you just want to say awwww as you are reading it.

Windhawk rescues
Noelle
I really love a good "kidnapped by Indians" themed story. However in order for me to really like it, it needs to be realistic. I HATE it when the h is falling in love with the H just after he's kidnapped her and they haven't even made it to his village yet. This one was somewhat different than any that I had read before. Windhawk (H) and Joanna (h) had met before and on friendly terms. They have sometime to get to know eachother so there is some kind of friendship between the two. Also Windhawk ...more
Blue Falcon
One of Constance O'Banyon's Best.

I was very disappointed with Constance O'Banyon's "Enchanted Ecstasy". Therefore, I didn't necessarily have high hopes for "Savage Autumn", the first book in her "Savage Seasons of Blackfoot" series. However, I was happily proven wrong, as this is a truly beautiful love story.

The Story: The story begins on a sad note. Seventeen-year old Joanna James, the heroine of the book, and her twelve-year old brother, Taggart-or Tag as he is known-have lost their mother,
Tiffany
Beyond predictable! Bad!
Katie
I absolutely loved this book!!! It was one of the first western romance novels I ever read. It has always been special to me, and I have read it several times. The characters have a depth to them that is hard to find in books. I admit it starts out slow. However, and true lover of books should know not to give up on a book until at least reading three chapters!

I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys Western Romance!
April Brookshire
Entertaining enough that I'll read the book's sequel, Savage Winter. I felt kind of bad for Windhawk at times because he recognized his feelings for Joanna right away, while she remained reluctant. Misunderstandings between characters that could be easily resolved, but aren't, can be annoying when they are used to further the plot. Loved Joanna's little brother, will definitely read his book in the series (3).
Theresa
First half: Joanna is a pretty weak character. I hate heroines that say they hate the hero, but the minute the hero puts his hand up her dress, she's all gung-ho for some needy sex. #pathetic #getagrip

Second half: Joanna grew on me. Although the interaction between her and Windhawk made me grind my teeth sometimes. Too much assuming, not enough communication.
PriPri
Absolutely adore the story of Windhawk and Joanna. This is definitely one of my favorite series. It has been so long since I read this novel that it was almost like reading it for the first time.
SheLove2Read
Nov 30, 2010 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2010
I read about 30 pages and just can't go on. The writing seems almost juvenile. I'm just guessing by the age of the book (1990) that this is why I feel this way.
Katie
Not a 4 star simply due to hatred of too much guessing and assumptions and not enough communication for my tastes, otherwise i enjoyed the book.
Dixie
Too many misunderstandings! I hate when 3/4 of the book could be eliminated simply by one or the other speaking up.
+ Dragonfly+
I can't believe this was in the early 80's I read this book, again another good book by this author!
Mydearloverboy
WOW! one of the best native indian romances I have read;)
beautifully done!
a definite keeper with 5++ stars!
Lorena
This was a blast from the past read for me. The story was just ok. I found it a little boring.
Kathi Sharp
Tried to read the first chapter. Dull and bland.
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sarah Levine
Sarah Levine marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Lovetoread
Lovetoread marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Kenda Gan
Kenda Gan marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • Love in the Wind
  • Savage Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #1)
  • Silken Savage
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Black Horse
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Savage Heat
Evelyn Gee was born on 1939 in Texas, USA. She makes her home in San Antonio with her husband, Jim and their son, Jason.

She signed her novels as Constance O'Banyon. She also wrote as Micah Leigh with Texan writer Emma Merritt. Her books range from historical to contemporary and include several novellas. Many of her books have been published in trade paperback.Among her many awards, she is the reci
More about Constance O'Banyon...
Wind Warrior Enchantress Comanche Moon Rising Five Gold Rings Lord of the Nile (Tausrat, #1)