Start by marking “Savage Autumn” as Want to Read:
Savage Autumn

Savage Autumn (Savage Seasons #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  368 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

Joanna escapes the lustful clutches of her lecherous uncle only to be taken captive by a powerful Blackfoot warrior. But Joanna will soon learn that beneath Windhawk’s proud exterior beats a heart that belongs only to her.

Mass Market Paperback, 479 pages
Published March 15th 1990 by Zebra (first published October 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Autumn

Pam
Wow...what can I say about this book? I loved, Windhawk ....he was so loving to Joanna. He was so patient and didn't rush her into a relationship. He wanted her to come to him and really mean it when they made love for the first time.

Windhawk meets Joanna and Tag when their Wagon train stops on the trail. Tag wants a Tomahawk and trades his knife with Windhawk for one.

Windhawk cared so much for Joanna and her little brother Tag you just want to say awwww as you are reading it.

Windhawk rescues
Noelle
I really love a good "kidnapped by Indians" themed story. However in order for me to really like it, it needs to be realistic. I HATE it when the h is falling in love with the H just after he's kidnapped her and they haven't even made it to his village yet. This one was somewhat different than any that I had read before. Windhawk (H) and Joanna (h) had met before and on friendly terms. They have sometime to get to know eachother so there is some kind of friendship between the two. Also Windhawk ...more
Lovetoread
I purchased Constance O'Banyon's novel Savage Autumn because in Amazons Discussion Group "most re read romance novel" this novel was mentioned a few times with high praise. Also never having read anything by Ms. O'Banyon I thought I would give it a try.

This is the story about Joanna James and her little brother Taggert (Tag). After the recent death of their mother and their father gone for almost a year on business these innocents are faced with evil in the form of an aunt and uncle coming for
Blue Falcon
May 21, 2014 Blue Falcon rated it it was amazing
Sophia
Jan 12, 2016 Sophia rated it it was ok
Shelves: western-romance
Maybe I had my hopes too high up because of the many 5-star reviews but this book disappointed me. It was full of cliches, Windhawk was an overbearing idiot, who wanted love without giving anything in return (would it hurt to talk things out?), Joanna might have been a nice character, but was reduced to her outward beauty.
However it still managed to grasp my interest throughout the book, so that's two stars. I don't really have anything to recommend for this book, but I don't really have anythi
Lorena
Feb 07, 2013 Lorena rated it liked it
Shelves:
This was a blast from the past read for me. The story was just ok. I found it a little boring.
cinda draper
Aug 02, 2015 cinda draper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romatical

Romance that takes so many turns and cannot wait to see if tag gets his own story with twists and turns as good as this one had
Crystal Gillis
Jul 23, 2015 Crystal Gillis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

I have finished this book in about two days. I have laughed and cried, as only a great book can do.
Martha
This was really a great story and well written. I have not read any historical romance about native americans, but I really found it fascinating and it sparked my interest in this genre. The characters were easy to fall in love with Farley is my favorite, but the others were all interesting and loveable as well.
Maria Tanya
I could never be satisfied with the stars once I had touched the sun.
Tiffany
Jun 16, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Beyond predictable! Bad!
Katie
Nov 04, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! It was one of the first western romance novels I ever read. It has always been special to me, and I have read it several times. The characters have a depth to them that is hard to find in books. I admit it starts out slow. However, and true lover of books should know not to give up on a book until at least reading three chapters!

I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys Western Romance!
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Entertaining enough that I'll read the book's sequel, Savage Winter. I felt kind of bad for Windhawk at times because he recognized his feelings for Joanna right away, while she remained reluctant. Misunderstandings between characters that could be easily resolved, but aren't, can be annoying when they are used to further the plot. Loved Joanna's little brother, will definitely read his book in the series (3).
Theresa
Aug 28, 2014 Theresa rated it liked it
First half: Joanna is a pretty weak character. I hate heroines that say they hate the hero, but the minute the hero puts his hand up her dress, she's all gung-ho for some needy sex. #pathetic #getagrip

Second half: Joanna grew on me. Although the interaction between her and Windhawk made me grind my teeth sometimes. Too much assuming, not enough communication.
Capri
Apr 15, 2016 Capri rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance-indian
Absolutely adore the story of Windhawk and Joanna. This is definitely one of my favorite series. It has been so long since I read this novel that it was almost like reading it for the first time.
Apryl
Oct 14, 2015 Apryl rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down! Loved the series.
SheLove2Read
Nov 30, 2010 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2010
I read about 30 pages and just can't go on. The writing seems almost juvenile. I'm just guessing by the age of the book (1990) that this is why I feel this way.
Katie
Sep 20, 2014 Katie rated it liked it
Not a 4 star simply due to hatred of too much guessing and assumptions and not enough communication for my tastes, otherwise i enjoyed the book.
+ Dragonfly+
Sep 03, 2013 + Dragonfly+ rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this was in the early 80's I read this book, again another good book by this author!
Mydearloverboy
May 24, 2013 Mydearloverboy rated it it was amazing
WOW! one of the best native indian romances I have read;)
beautifully done!
a definite keeper with 5++ stars!
Kathi Sharp
Oct 10, 2010 Kathi Sharp rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, kobo
Tried to read the first chapter. Dull and bland.
katie
katie marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
LYNDA LEMIG
LYNDA LEMIG is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Lover of Romance
Lover of Romance marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Patty
Patty added it
Apr 26, 2016
  • Love in the Wind
  • Savage Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #1)
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Silken Savage
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Savage Heat
Evelyn Gee was born on 1939 in Texas, USA. She makes her home in San Antonio with her husband, Jim and their son, Jason.

She signed her novels as Constance O'Banyon. She also wrote as Micah Leigh with Texan writer Emma Merritt. Her books range from historical to contemporary and include several novellas. Many of her books have been published in trade paperback.Among her many awards, she is the reci
More about Constance O'Banyon...

Savage Seasons (4 books)