Start by marking “Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions, #2)

Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  746 ratings  ·  49 reviews

Enter the secret world of the Talions fierce, passionate warriors fighting for their very existence in Alexis Morgan's sizzling new paranormal series.

He's on a mission for justice.

Sandor Kearn is the Talion Enforcer tasked with policing his people, the Kyth. His latest assignment is the new killer stalking the streets of Seattle. But while Sandor is hunting the Kyth

Published July 28th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published July 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Warrior Unbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Warrior Unbroken

(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
What's not to love about the Tailons and the world that Alexis has created. Dark Warrior Unbroken was a chance to discover more about Sandor Kearn, chief Tailon warrior. Faced with the challenge of finding a rogue Kyth that is preying on the humans in his city, he finds himself running into a very special human, Lena Wilson.
Lena has come to Seattle to find the killer of her best friend & mentor. She knows that there's more to his death, and her investigation leads her straight to the Dame's
valee
2.5 stars.

Well, not what I expected. For some reason after reading book 1 I thought this series could only get better, but it really didn't. Just the opposite actually. I lost all interest in this series. I will be reading next book some time soon just to finish the series, and I'm only finishing the series for that very same reason: because there is only one more book in it. But finishing this book was hard, really really hard. It took me forever because I constantly lost interest. Most things
Laura the Highland Hussy
I liked this book, in fact I really like the series. The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is that Lena really made me mad.
She came back to Seattle to find the killer of her friend Coop-he was killed in the previous book by a renegade Kyth. So her whole personality is very abide the rules of the law. Well Sandor is the law for the Kyth...he is the Grand Dame's right hand man. His job is to hunt down the renegades and kill them. The law is very clear-if a Kyth harms humans, they are ki
Michelle the Romance Witch
This book was quite interesting from the start. When see the deep emotions and the effects those emotions have on a woman's everyday life. Lena is dealing with the loss of one of her best friends and the guilt that she never quite made up with him after a break in their friendship. She's investigating her murder when she runs across Sandor and nothing her brain can tell her will let her rest until she finds out more about him.

The romance between these two characters is fast and hot, but carries
Karin Corneau
Really enjoying this series, especially the fact the Kerry & Ranulf don't disappear never to be heard from again like in so many other serials. The outcome of course is rather predictable, but I love the writing style and found myself thoroughly engrossed in the characters. Have already started on book 3 :)
Dannielle
While I liked this book I found Lena to be a bit judgmental. Things started off fine, but once she learned what Sandor was and what his job was she got very judgy of the whole Kyth race. And of course she ends up pretty much getting her way at the end, because Sandor sort of agrees with her. To give her some credit she did agree that they were right in killing Braden.

The two together were pretty hot. Certainly don't feel they rushed things too quickly. And actually Lena accepted the Kyth race p
Kerry
Being followed by a human female isn't what Sandor had in mind when he left the house the other day. She is persistent and get under his skin somehow. He is the keeper of the law but can't get his work done with some human getting in his way and finding out he isn't exactly who he seems to be. Will he chance her finding out or will they all have to put a stop to her investigating by any means necessary?
How far would you go to seek justice? Will Lena risk the lives of many for the wronged of one
Paranormal Romance
After the death of her mentor and adoptive father, the heroine must make use of her stranger and mostly unwanted powers. In her search she finds the hero and after trailing him for a few days actually outsmarts the immortal by staying one step ahead of him until she's caught. The hero knows who killed her friend and in fact, he's already killed the killer but he can't very well tell the human that the man was a rogue Kyr. But after he witnesses the heroine powers it's clear that though she's hum ...more
SheLove2Read
I loved the first book in this series - Dark Warrior Unleashed. And I was looking forward to more of the same with this 2nd entry in Morgan's Talions series, but I came away feeling disappointed and cheated.

This is Sandor Kearns and Lena Wilson's story. Sandor is the Chief Enforcer of the Talions, what I would equate with the "chief of police" position. It is his job to take out renegade Kyth and keep their people a secret from society. I never really got a good feel for his personality, other t
Kim To
Ally
Dec 12, 2010 Ally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ebook
Dark Warrior Unbroken follows on quite quickly from Dark Warrior Unleashed.
Dark Warrior Unbroken had quite a slow start compared to the first book and it took me a while to get into it. It did pick up some as the book went on but it wasn't really gripping I could have put it down and forgotten about it for a little while before my brain reminded me that I hadn't finished reading it.

It was really great to have Sandor as the hero in this book, I quite liked him and Lena together. Although at times
Bennita
BORING! I loved the first book in the series, but I couldn't wait to get through this book to move on to the next in the series. The first issue I had with this book is that it took four chapters before the H/H were in the same scene. That's a big no-no for a romance. Sandor was a flat character for me. He had no personality. I didn't get the "tough warrior" vibe from him. I just pictured him as a pretty boy trying to fill a warriors shoes and it just didn't work for me. Lena wasn't very likable ...more
Ryan Collie
I really enjoyed the first book. This one was like a step back. The heroine truly got on my nerves and that took me right out of the story. She needed a sharp kick off of her high horse and I didn't understand why the author chose to portray her like that. I started skimming over parts simply because I was pretty much over the story and lost interest in the ending. This had potential but something went terribly, terribly wrong.
jackie frye
A wonderful story! Sander Kearn is now the enforcer for the Kyth. His current assignment is to find a gang of rogue Kyth who are attacking and robbing human leaving them dazed. Lena, a human with the ability to “see” crime scenes, comes to Seattle to find the person responsible for the death of her friend Maynard Cooper. In the course of her investigation she meets Sander and discovers he knows who killed Cooper; she also has big lust for him. Grand Dame Kerry tells Lena about the Kyth and she a ...more
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Apr 06, 2014 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Deirdre
Lena Wilson can occasionally see what went on in a crime scene, this can help her job investigating arson. When she sees what happened in the fire that killed her mentor she's confused by what she's seeing, during the fire she sees a murder.

Then she meets Sandor Kearn, he was involved in the murder but she's attracted to him. Can she reconcile her feelings for him and her urge to keep with the law. Also he's talking about long-living people and a type of psychic vampirism, can she belive him? Ca
Amyiw
Didn't like this quite as much as the first. (view spoiler) I did like the secondary story of the kids and you kind of know what is going to happen there but it made the story have a very different feeling than the first, not as dark. Which was actually a little better vibe but still the o ...more
Yodamom
A quick and easy read. The story has just been done too many times. A women damaged from the death of a loved one. She needs to avenge his death and meets up with an assassin(hot and hunky) that has some "other" qualities. Of course she does too, but does not really want to see the connection. Ok, the conflict, He kills she saves, how are they going to make it work. Yes, there is instant heat between them, and they don't understand it.
The book was just too textbook formula, I've read it before
Tracy
I continue to enjoy this series have started the last-unfortunately the last one
Natalie
This is book 2 in the Talion series and I'm still just not feeling the love for these characters. This book introduces us to 4 more characters and doesn't really flesh out a single one of them, not even the main love interest. It's not a bad series so far, just not a memorable one. It does have action and adventure and paranormal romance but the sex is a bit short on chemistry.
Stacie
Aug 09, 2009 Stacie added it
The continuation of the Talion enforcers. Sandor is an enforcer who polices the Kyth. Lena is part Kyth but does not realise it. She has the ability to see flashbacks to crimes. The chemistry between the main characters seemed to be lacking. I found myself skimming to finish the book.
Emoore0916
Its more like 3.5 stars Lara was really working me with the high and mighty attitude. The good thing is that they got Grey in right in the end as the new Chief Talion, I will have to remember how he came in the picture NEXT YEAR when the book comes out.
Tanya
I thought this was a good read but it was just a little slow getting started. I liked Sandor's character and the story-line...your normal romance plot. It just wasn't a book where I'm eager to start reading again every chance I get.
Mariana
Jennifer Disario
An interesting paranormal romance on the same wave as most. Meaning: He-Man enforcer of his people on a mission meets nosy human woman who isnt completely human & 2gether they save the day!
Jeannie
Enjoyed this second entry in the Talions series so much more than the first. It had more substance to it and was a much better read. I hope the series continues to grow and expand.
Mary
Not as good as the first one; one of the really annoying things is the heroine kept calling Sandor "lover," like she either forgot or didn't like his name. But it was okay over all.
Pam
Dark Warrior Unbroken started off slow but picked up later. I hadnt read the first book in this series but I was not lost at all. Overall a decent read with lots of neat characters.
Candy
Glad I didn't give up on this series after the first book. the second was better. Lots of room for intrigue and other elements in the next book (I hope).
Karen
The second in the Talions series, I was pleasantly surprised at the story twist. A quick read, likeable characters, I am looking forward to the next book.
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, #3)
  • Chains of Ice (The Chosen Ones, #3)
  • Seduce Me in Shadow (Doomsday Brethren, #2)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Dark Lover (Rose Trilogy #3; Masters of Time #5)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Sexy Beast (Sexy Beast #1)
  • Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3)
  • Winter Kiss (Dragonfire, #4)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek s ...more
More about Alexis Morgan...

Talions (3 books)
  • Dark Warrior Unleashed (Talions, #1)
  • Dark Warrior Untamed (The Talions, #3)
Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2) In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4) Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)