Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions, #2)

Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  621 ratings  ·  43 reviews

Enter the secret world of the Talions — fierce, passionate warriors fighting for their very existence — in Alexis Morgan's sizzling new paranormal series.

He's on a mission for justice.

Sandor Kearn is the Talion Enforcer tasked with policing his people, the Kyth. His latest assignment is the new killer stalking the streets of Seattle. But while Sandor is hunting the Kyth

Mass Market Paperback, 338 pages
Published July 28th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published July 15th 2009)

(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
What's not to love about the Tailons and the world that Alexis has created. Dark Warrior Unbroken was a chance to discover more about Sandor Kearn, chief Tailon warrior. Faced with the challenge of finding a rogue Kyth that is preying on the humans in his city, he finds himself running into a very special human, Lena Wilson.
Lena has come to Seattle to find the killer of her best friend & mentor. She knows that there's more to his death, and her investigation leads her straight to the Dame's...more
valee
2.5 stars.

Well, not what I expected. For some reason after reading book 1 I thought this series could only get better, but it really didn't. Just the opposite actually. I lost all interest in this series. I will be reading next book some time soon just to finish the series, and I'm only finishing the series for that very same reason: because there is only one more book in it. But finishing this book was hard, really really hard. It took me forever because I constantly lost interest. Most things...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
I liked this book, in fact I really like the series. The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is that Lena really made me mad.
She came back to Seattle to find the killer of her friend Coop-he was killed in the previous book by a renegade Kyth. So her whole personality is very abide the rules of the law. Well Sandor is the law for the Kyth...he is the Grand Dame's right hand man. His job is to hunt down the renegades and kill them. The law is very clear-if a Kyth harms humans, they are ki...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
This book was quite interesting from the start. When see the deep emotions and the effects those emotions have on a woman's everyday life. Lena is dealing with the loss of one of her best friends and the guilt that she never quite made up with him after a break in their friendship. She's investigating her murder when she runs across Sandor and nothing her brain can tell her will let her rest until she finds out more about him.

The romance between these two characters is fast and hot, but carries...more
Dannielle
While I liked this book I found Lena to be a bit judgmental. Things started off fine, but once she learned what Sandor was and what his job was she got very judgy of the whole Kyth race. And of course she ends up pretty much getting her way at the end, because Sandor sort of agrees with her. To give her some credit she did agree that they were right in killing Braden.

The two together were pretty hot. Certainly don't feel they rushed things too quickly. And actually Lena accepted the Kyth race p...more
Sherri needs a twin
I loved the first book in this series - Dark Warrior Unleashed. And I was looking forward to more of the same with this 2nd entry in Morgan's Talions series, but I came away feeling disappointed and cheated.

This is Sandor Kearns and Lena Wilson's story. Sandor is the Chief Enforcer of the Talions, what I would equate with the "chief of police" position. It is his job to take out renegade Kyth and keep their people a secret from society. I never really got a good feel for his personality, other t...more
Kim To
Ally
Dec 12, 2010 Ally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ebook
Dark Warrior Unbroken follows on quite quickly from Dark Warrior Unleashed.
Dark Warrior Unbroken had quite a slow start compared to the first book and it took me a while to get into it. It did pick up some as the book went on but it wasn't really gripping I could have put it down and forgotten about it for a little while before my brain reminded me that I hadn't finished reading it.

It was really great to have Sandor as the hero in this book, I quite liked him and Lena together. Although at times...more
Bennita
BORING! I loved the first book in the series, but I couldn't wait to get through this book to move on to the next in the series. The first issue I had with this book is that it took four chapters before the H/H were in the same scene. That's a big no-no for a romance. Sandor was a flat character for me. He had no personality. I didn't get the "tough warrior" vibe from him. I just pictured him as a pretty boy trying to fill a warriors shoes and it just didn't work for me. Lena wasn't very likable...more
jackie frye
A wonderful story! Sander Kearn is now the enforcer for the Kyth. His current assignment is to find a gang of rogue Kyth who are attacking and robbing human leaving them dazed. Lena, a human with the ability to “see” crime scenes, comes to Seattle to find the person responsible for the death of her friend Maynard Cooper. In the course of her investigation she meets Sander and discovers he knows who killed Cooper; she also has big lust for him. Grand Dame Kerry tells Lena about the Kyth and she a...more
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Apr 06, 2014 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Deirdre
Lena Wilson can occasionally see what went on in a crime scene, this can help her job investigating arson. When she sees what happened in the fire that killed her mentor she's confused by what she's seeing, during the fire she sees a murder.

Then she meets Sandor Kearn, he was involved in the murder but she's attracted to him. Can she reconcile her feelings for him and her urge to keep with the law. Also he's talking about long-living people and a type of psychic vampirism, can she belive him? Ca...more
Amyiw
Didn't like this quite as much as the first. (view spoiler) I did like the secondary story of the kids and you kind of know what is going to happen there but it made the story have a very different feeling than the first, not as dark. Which was actually a little better vibe but still the o...more
Yodamom
A quick and easy read. The story has just been done too many times. A women damaged from the death of a loved one. She needs to avenge his death and meets up with an assassin(hot and hunky) that has some "other" qualities. Of course she does too, but does not really want to see the connection. Ok, the conflict, He kills she saves, how are they going to make it work. Yes, there is instant heat between them, and they don't understand it.
The book was just too textbook formula, I've read it before...more
Natalie
This is book 2 in the Talion series and I'm still just not feeling the love for these characters. This book introduces us to 4 more characters and doesn't really flesh out a single one of them, not even the main love interest. It's not a bad series so far, just not a memorable one. It does have action and adventure and paranormal romance but the sex is a bit short on chemistry.
Stacie
Aug 09, 2009 Stacie added it
The continuation of the Talion enforcers. Sandor is an enforcer who polices the Kyth. Lena is part Kyth but does not realise it. She has the ability to see flashbacks to crimes. The chemistry between the main characters seemed to be lacking. I found myself skimming to finish the book.
Emoore0916
Its more like 3.5 stars Lara was really working me with the high and mighty attitude. The good thing is that they got Grey in right in the end as the new Chief Talion, I will have to remember how he came in the picture NEXT YEAR when the book comes out.
Tanya Wires
I thought this was a good read but it was just a little slow getting started. I liked Sandor's character and the story-line...your normal romance plot. It just wasn't a book where I'm eager to start reading again every chance I get.
Mariana
Jennifer Disario
An interesting paranormal romance on the same wave as most. Meaning: He-Man enforcer of his people on a mission meets nosy human woman who isnt completely human & 2gether they save the day!
Jeannie
Enjoyed this second entry in the Talions series so much more than the first. It had more substance to it and was a much better read. I hope the series continues to grow and expand.
Mary
Not as good as the first one; one of the really annoying things is the heroine kept calling Sandor "lover," like she either forgot or didn't like his name. But it was okay over all.
Pam
Dark Warrior Unbroken started off slow but picked up later. I hadnt read the first book in this series but I was not lost at all. Overall a decent read with lots of neat characters.
Candy
Glad I didn't give up on this series after the first book. the second was better. Lots of room for intrigue and other elements in the next book (I hope).
Karen
The second in the Talions series, I was pleasantly surprised at the story twist. A quick read, likeable characters, I am looking forward to the next book.
Christel
Aug 01, 2009 Christel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Christel by: fan of author
I am really enjoying this series as much a her Paladin series. Can't wait till the third one comes out. Gave just a sneak preview at the end of this one
Cindyg
Another winner in the Talion series. I really like the way this author moves in her books. Doesn't drag things out to the point of being boring.
Valkyrie
It wasn't a bad story, just not as good as the Paladins stories. It was enjoyable. Not alot of action, sex scenes were pretty good.
Kelly502
Not on kindle, but a really good read -- don't know which series I like better...these have a bit more mystery to them...
Jessica
Again, just an "okay" read. I think I'm spoiled on the paladins. I just love their world so much better, I suppose.
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, #3)
  • Storm of Visions (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Dark Lover (Rose Trilogy #3; Masters of Time #5)
  • Hunting Julian (Gatherers, #1)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)
  • Kissing Midnight (Midnight, #6)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke #2)
  • Sexy Beast (Sexy Beast #1)
  • Seduce Me in Shadow (Doomsday Brethren, #2)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
  • Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Atlantis #5)
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek s...more
More about Alexis Morgan...
Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2) In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4) Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)