Start by marking “24-Hour Crochet Projects” as Want to Read:
24-Hour Crochet Projects

24-Hour Crochet Projects

With easy-to-follow instructional diagrams throughout, this title presents a comprehensive step-by-step guide to crochet.
Published February 28th 2006 by Sterling (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 24-Hour Crochet Projects, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 24-Hour Crochet Projects

Emily
Mar 07, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
24-Hour Crochet Projects is a great addition for anyone who crochets. It is filled with great pictures of each project and easy to follow patterns. I like that each pattern includes an estimation of how long the project will take. If you are a little rusty on crochet terms and stitches, there is a "Refresher Course" toward the end of the book. It describes how to create the different stitches required for the projects and has helpful illustrations to show the reader how to do it. Hats and ...more
Penmouse
Mar 19, 2016 Penmouse rated it it was amazing
DelAnne Frazee
Mar 07, 2016 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Sub Genre: Fashion
ISBN: 9780486800325
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

24 easy to make crochet projects that can be completed within 24 hours. With scarves, purses, stylish tops, doilies, baby onesie, afghans and more there are more than enough different projects to keep you busy for months. I made the Little Fan Onsie first because it was so cute I could
Bookworm
Apr 03, 2016 Bookworm rated it liked it
This set offers 24 crochet patterns that can each be finished in 24 hours or less. I found that the patterns included are very simple and you might even find similar ones online for free. This was a free review copy from NetGalley but one of my biggest things when purchasing crochet patterns is that I want to be paying for patterns that are unique and that I won't find free of charge online.

While I was not a fan of the presentation, in particular the photos, the patterns themselves are well writ
Hope
Oct 26, 2009 Hope rated it it was ok
Before I comment on this book, I have to point out my own biases. In general, I prefer knit garments. I find the drape and bulk of crochet better suited to other projects. I might feel differently if I lived somewhere with a colder winter :)

That being said, this book has some cute patterns, but only one that I'm interested in making - the "Instant Gratification Purse". I may well use ideas from the other two purse patterns to create my own purses.

A word of caution about the tank tops. In the p
Samantha Bilodeau
May 20, 2016 Samantha Bilodeau rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, crochet
This had some great projects with easy to understand patterns. The photos were helpful and I feel like they were good at showing what the finished project would look like. The fact that each pattern had an estimate of how long it would take to finish was a nice touch as it's something I've looked for often, especially when in a time crunch. I consider myself to be an experienced crocheter, but think that this book would be great for anyone from beginner to master. There is a refresher section ...more
Critterbee
Mar 21, 2016 Critterbee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The patterns seem simple enough to understand, and I believe that most could be completed in 24 hours or less. I would have preferred more than 24 patterns for $20.00. Especially considering that the average crochet magazine costs 7.99 and has at least 20-25 patterns. There is not a wide variety of things to make, but there are several really cute ones. Nothing that I would want in my 'quick and easy present' pattern stash, though.

Not the best value, mainly because of the amount of patterns.

**eA
Joyce
Apr 11, 2016 Joyce rated it really liked it
I was given this book for free for an honest review.

There are over 40 patterns to crochet. These include hats, shawls, blankets, women's tops, baby clothes, handbags and doilies. They are beginner to intermediate in difficulty. I really like couple of them to make very shortly. There are color pictures to show the patterns clearly. The instructions give the yarn that is used in the display model as well as the type of yarn. ie. worsted, sport etc. The instructions also give the number of hours i
Paula
Mar 22, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this book for NetGalley.

This book is a nice collection of relatively simple and stylish crochet patterns that a typical crocheter can make in 24 hours. I crochet a little, so I was pleased to see several purse and hat patterns (something small and simple for a quasi beginner) in the book. There is also a crochet refresher course included in the book for people such as myself.

A nice crochet book with clear instructions and excellent illustrations. This is a good book for a beginner who
Sarah Lee
Will look at this book again when I have more experience. They are supposed to be quick 24 hour projects and I am sure for experienced people they are but for a newbie like me they look pretty intimidating! It has a variety of sweaters for various ages, tanks, shawls, blankets, etc. The normal stuff you would expect to see in these types of books. Lots of full color pictures so you can get an idea of what they are supposed to look like.
Ann
Apr 15, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing
This is a great addition to any crochet's library. The photographs are stunning and show each project in colorful detail. The patterns are varied from baby layettes and blankets to hats and clothing for adults. A nice chapter at the end review all the stitches used in the book with good diagrams. All projects give a time frame and skill level as well as recommended yarns and hooks.
Polly Krize
Mar 16, 2016 Polly Krize rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Crochet patterns for all levels of crocheter, with easy to read instructions. Includes quite a few purse patterns which look for very interesting. The Helmet Hat Wardrobe is also different, and allows for creative uses of color. A fine addition to a crochet bookshelf.
Sue McQuaide Kitt
May 21, 2016 Sue McQuaide Kitt rated it really liked it
I am only able to read very basic crochet patterns, so I was very happy to find this book to help me on my way to more exiting projects.

I particularly like the refresher section, clear instructions and lovely illustrations.

I will be starting with something pretty simple, maybe a hat and hopefully work my way to the more complicated patterns.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Dover Publications
Beth
Jun 20, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
Wonderful books with projects for the advanced beginner or intermediate crocheter. Most projects are classics that will not become outdated, so this book is a keeper. I'm particularly enamored of the camisole, short-sleeved scallop-crochet cardigan, and the adorable baby cap-and-sweater set. True to the title, the author provides an approximate number of hours each project will take.
Katie Q
Mar 30, 2013 Katie Q rated it liked it
Not a bad book but the patterns are not new and easy to find on the internet. There is not a lot the average crocheter would bother with. Not a good buy but certainly borrow from your local library (like I did) and have a browse.
JoAnn
Nov 04, 2010 JoAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This books has lots of fun, quick projects. It has a pattern for my favorite hat style called "Billed Beauty"(61), and an adorable, yet simple baby sweater set called "Absolutely Precious" (86). I've made the baby sweater several times already, having found the pattern on Ravelry.
Suzanne
May 07, 2012 Suzanne rated it did not like it
Same styles different book-- every pattern in this book is your typical hat, baby blanket, jacket, and soft toy. Also, the patterns are very date, and not very stylish...
Bliss
Sep 16, 2009 Bliss rated it liked it
Recommends it for: crocheters or people who like crocheted items
Recommended to Bliss by: no one
Shelves: crochet, non-fic, crafting
Lots of cute projects in this book. Easy to follow directions as well.
Jeni
Jeni rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2008
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2008
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2012
Sheryl Batson
Sheryl Batson rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2011
John Autio
John Autio rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2008
Barb Petr
Barb Petr rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2009