Start by marking “Cops and Cowboys” as Want to Read:
Cops and Cowboys

Cops and Cowboys (Cowboys and Captives)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,126 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
HER WILDEST DREAMS: by Shiloh Walker

Timid and shy, in her wildest dreams, Allie never imagined Alex would look at her with anything more than friendship and maybe a little pity in his eyes. As if living a nightmare, one horrible night Allie is attacked, and Alex comes rushing to her rescue. He wonders if he is really needed when he finds a little hellcat fighting off her a
Trade Paperback, 274 pages
Published September 1st 2005 by Ellora's Cave (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cops and Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cops and Cowboys

Julie (jjmachshev)
Dec 17, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
I liked "Cops and Cowboys", a twofer books with one story each by Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker. I actually enjoyed Walker's story more, but still found it pretty cool that Leigh's story includes a cameo by an August brother! Both stories have scorching sex and a bit of BDSM too so if that bugs you...don't read 'em!

"Her Wildest Dreams" by Shiloh Walker. Nice story about a woman who has an epiphany and takes the opportunity to change her life. Very nice self-affirming message in a hot erotic story
AgentScully
Sep 11, 2009 AgentScully rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about these 2 novellas. On the one hand they're sexy and I enjoyed reading them. On the other hand each had a plot element I disliked and I really don't like when the hero screws the heroine's sister, sister-in-law or whatever.

Her Wildest Dreams by Shiloh Walker
I loved how Allie the mouse had all these secret kinky fantasies and how she broke out of her shell. It's always the quiet ones! Alex was a perfect match for her - sexy, rough and dominant. Their sex scenes were sc
Mitzi
Her Wildest Dreams by Shiloh Walker. Very good story about a young woman that goes from being shy, book worm, wearing glasses wallflower type...to a confindent kick butt woman. Alex (a close friend of her brothers) rescued her once when she was the wallflower and then when he meets her later, he has to have her. I liked this story a lot. Would also like to get the preceeding story of her brother.

Cowboy and The Captive by Lora Leigh. Very good story about a twin girl that is always having to step
Daisiemae
Feb 10, 2008 Daisiemae rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker fans
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Marion
I have to say that this book was not disappointing. It is a two author anthology with todays hottest erotic authors Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker. Shiloh Walker is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. I like the way she gets into the characters heads and they usually make a change for the better. I really liked the way the characters connected in this story. I liked the way the heroine learned to stand up for herself and to fight for her man.

I liked Lora's story also, but there were times
Mitabird
This isn't the greatest review because I didn't really care for either story.

In Her Wildest Dreams by Walker, we meet Allie and Alex. Allie has been in love Alex for years. Alex doesn't notice her as a woman, just as his friend's kid sister. One night, she is being attacked by a mugger, but is holding her own, when Alex comes to the rescue. He doesn't want her to be alone and takes her to his house. They fall asleep on his couch, and wake up having sex. Allie loved it and it was the best sex Ale
Darcy
Sep 21, 2010 Darcy rated it liked it
This was a fun book with 2 quick stories with some very hot sex scenes. I will warn you that this book isn't for the faint of heart.

In Walker's story we have the cop. Allie is the girl who no one notices, always in the background, the definition of wallflower, one who gets shocked out of the rut that she has let herself get into after almost being killed one night. With this wake up call she quits letting people walk all over her and lets her friend give her a make over. This is just the beginni
Kathy Davie
Jan 10, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Shiloh Walker's Her Wildest Dream's little Allie is a virgin the night the love of her life comes across her as she's defending herself from a mugger. Alex is appalled at his obsession for Allie but they soon get pretty kinky with Allie's rape fantasy and Alex certainly does have a hard-on for her ass. There's a hot little scene at a restaurant with some under-the-table sex. I do like the characters in this one.

Lora Leigh's Cowboy and the Captive is a purely wanna-be with a side reference to Sam
Diane
'Cops and Cowboys' contain two novellas, one by Shiloh Walker and the other by Lora Leigh. Two authors I know and love!

Shiloh's story is 'Her Wildest Dream,' in which Allison Ryan is shocked out of her mousey shell of an existence, following a brutal attack, and physically and mentally develops into a woman who can draw the attention of her brother's best friend, narcotics detective Alexander O'Malley. Lots of wonderful love scenes carry the story towards a beautiful ending.

Lora wrote the selec
Carolyn F.
Anthology

1. Her Wildest Dreams by Shiloh Walker She's been the shy mouse having a crush on her brother's best friend Alex since they were children. A near death encounter has her reevaluating her life and she changes lots of things. Now although there was a previous encounter he's interested in her. To me I would think, "Where were you when I was a mouse?" But she quickly gets over it. ***

2. Cowboy & the Captive by Lora Leigh. Ugh!!! I just could not get into this story at all. I would have
Ladiibbug
Sep 17, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing
2 stories in this anthol.

Shiloh Walker "Her Wildest Dream"

My first SW read. OMG, she takes NO prisoners with her erotica! I am surprised this book doesn't spontaneously EXPLODE - not just combust -- while people read it *blush*. Will definitely want to read more of her!

Lora Leigh - Cowboy & The Captive

Very exciting suspense/thriller aspect to kick off the tale. One sexy as all get out cowboy/pilot dead set on revenge against a woman who set him up after a flight. Being vague so as not to spo
Tina
Nov 14, 2009 Tina rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Alas...I bought 3 of Shiloh Walker's books on the strength of the rating score alone (I know...always a mistake) but there was so little story to any of them; what little story there was just threw together two (or three lol) people so they could have sex a bunch of times. I wasn't looking for erotica; it's a shame that the site doesn't really provide a better guideline on the genre of each book! Lesson learned: pay more attention to the reviews! I should have caught the one who put the book on ...more
~ Stephanie Lynn ~
May 01, 2013 ~ Stephanie Lynn ~ rated it really liked it
The Alpha Males in this book showed compassion and tenderness to Cat's situation where she is once again being punished for her evil identical twin's ruthless actions. The sex scenes were erotic and even had the main Alpha character proposing to get the woman who has stolen his heart. I am a fan for Victorian romances and I love the way that Cat had that touch of innocence. Anal scenes were not kinky but a touch romantic as well. I have read this book over and over.
Megan
I only read Shiloh Walker's story. It was really hot and steamy. I probably should have read LL's story but I had to take it back to the library. I plan to read a lot more of Shiloh Walker's books.

The characters were great and the sex was hot. I loved the way Alli's character transformed from weak and a pushover to a strong willed independent happy woman in charge of her life and loving it. Great story!
Jeananna
Oct 09, 2013 Jeananna rated it it was amazing
Rating this a 5star for the cop portion of this book!! LOVE IT! I have found it as a stand alone an Amazon and intend to buy it and read it over and over again!! total HOTNESS!! the cowboys version of this anthology was good too. 3 stars. I love an LL read and am a huge fan. def recommend this read!
Cindy
May 05, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it
The cop: Shiloh Walker "Her Wildest Dream" is a very good read - hot and heavy. If the 'mouse coming out of her shell' heroine survived being walked in on by her brother and sister-in-law under those circumstances, she is one tough lady...

The cowboy: Lora Leigh - Cowboy & The Captive another good read although the plot device at the start almost puts the hero into the TSTL category.
Michelle
Jul 14, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I didn't love this one. The sex was HOT, but the stories left a lot to be desired. Shiloh Walker's book was way too raunchy and definitely short on the romance department. Lora Leigh's story was better, but the whole mistaken identity plot was annoying. Both heroes seemed like big jerks.
Stacey Allison
Nov 18, 2010 Stacey Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
4 Stars for Shiloh Walker's story Her Wildest Dreams.
I ran across this story by accident. I was looking for info on Shiloh's new book coming out Beg Me... for some reason, google pulled this story up and let me preview a few pages. I was hooked so I had to buy it and finish it.
Barbara ★
Both stories were ok but focused too much on forced sex and anal sex with virgins. Not my cup of tea and not believable story lines.
Jenn
Dec 20, 2011 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Really need one word to discribe it...HOT! Fantastic smut for kinky romance readers.
April
I really liked the first story and the second was just ok for me! Plenty of hot steamy action!
Bonnie Henry
Dec 20, 2013 Bonnie Henry rated it it was amazing
Two really good stories by two very good authors.
Bridget
Feb 09, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
Shelves: quit-reading, hot
Liked Shiloh Walker's story - good not great. Lora Leigh's was pure stupid. Almost like she got a dictionary of erotic phrases and then just threw them in. Stupid.
Erotic Horizon
Cops and Cowboys by Lora Leigh (2005)
gwen mosley carr
Feb 02, 2016 gwen mosley carr rated it it was ok
Mosley his his his had I YB Hugh in Josh GH KB Hugh dinghy by GB high high hug buffy chhghfhfgyhhvyf. Mosley j jkkjkhhhk. Mnohjhbjgilt gun gjo
Sandra
loved it.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Feb 27, 2008 Pamela(AllHoney) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Pamela(AllHoney) by: Marion
I give 3 to the Shiloh Walker story but 4 to the Lora Leigh story.
Lindy
Oct 02, 2011 Lindy rated it liked it
Shiloh Walker's story is excellent. Lora Leigh's, on the other hand... Completely, painfully, head-thumpingly stupid. I couldn't make myself finish reading it.
laurie stith-tenney
Jul 22, 2011 laurie stith-tenney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lora-leigh
I loved the stories.
Haylie
Nov 23, 2009 Haylie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
it was good. good story and characters.
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • The Club
  • Wild Wild West
  • Wildcard (Wild, #3)
  • A Hot Man Is the Best Revenge
  • Hunger and Temptation
  • Sins of Summer: A Midsummer's Night Steam
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Temperature's Rising: A Midsummer's Night Steam
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Cowboys and Captives (2 books)
  • Cowboy and the Captive (Cowboys and Captives, #1)
  • Cowboy and the Thief (Cowboys and Captives, #2)