Start by marking “Cat Scratch Fever (Cat Scratch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cat Scratch Fever (Cat Scratch, #1)

Cat Scratch Fever (Cat Scratch #1)

Tsia had dreamed all her life of becoming a guide, attuned to her world through a telepathic gate to another lifeform. At last, she took the guide virus that would mutate her body to create the gate she so desperately craved. But the lifeform her body took was the one lifeform forbidden--the felines, who had scouted the planet for the First Droppers and, in exchange, been ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published April 2nd 1994 by Del Rey (first published April 1994)

J.L. Dobias
Dec 30, 2014 J.L. Dobias rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: SFF Mature fans
Shelves: book-shelf-09
Cat Scratch Fever by Tara K. Harper

I was intrigued by this one, but someone else mentioned that it was one of Ms. Harper's darker novels. Close to the same time that she published this there were many more authors digging into what might be the darker side of things . Susan R Matthews was soon beginning her series of books with An Exchange of Hostages and Valerie J. Freireich had her Becoming Human and Testament. There are many more. I'm not averse to dark so I waited for the book to arrive sinc
AlterEgon
I don't know how to rate this book. Seriously, I don't.
It was awsome.
It was horrible.
It was one of the best books I've ever read.
It may have been the worst book I've ever read.

I read the blurb at a train station, once, while travelling somewhere, and did not buy the book then. The blurb text haunted me and I dreamed up all kinds of things the book might be about. It was more than a decade later that I actually held the book in my hands.
I read it in one session and it left me feeling icy cold an
Melynna
Jul 02, 2008 Melynna rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
I read this because I remembered reading it when I was about 13. I remembered only the basic plot and wondered how good it was, so I got it from the library to see. It was okay. Nothing spectacular, but the second half of the book, at least, kelp me wanting to read on. The first part lags a lot and is just plain stressful. In fact, throughout the book the writing is overly descriptive. I found myself skimming for the meat of the information quite a bit. Another drawback was the way the ...more
Meg
Aug 24, 2009 Meg rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tara K. Harper fans, Sci fi/fantasy readers
I thought that the book was well-written, just like Tara K. Harper's other books. However, I had a difficult time with the first half of the book. There was too much torture for me in the first half of the book. If you manage to get to the second part of the book, you'll be rewarded for your efforts. The action picks up, and awesome new characters are introduced.

I have reread this book a few times, but I tend to only read the second half.
Cloud
Jun 12, 2011 Cloud rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I enjoyed this book, it was great to see how the character grew through all the different difficulities she went through. However some parts seemed a little drawn out and over done. This is my first time reading a book from this author and I'm certaintly considering picking up another from her. I found the world interesting that she created and very rich. Wouldn't have minded having a bit more for closing, but what's there works and I feel satified with the way things turned out.
Vesmé
May 25, 2012 Vesmé rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats
I read this book awhile ago and I recall enjoying it.

Later I wanted to reread it but couldn't recall the title. Luckily I joined the What's The Name of That Book??? group and a lovely person was able to help me out. After at least 5 years of looking, that was excellent!

Now to track down a copy to reread!
Brenda Kirton
Aug 18, 2013 Brenda Kirton rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This was well written, but the torture made my spine itch. Uncomfortable, so I didn't look for other books by this author. The plot and characters were interesting but some parts of the story were confusing.
Karen
Jul 04, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
I enjoy Tara K Harper's wolfwalker series, I just could not get into this one much to my disappointment.
Nawt Frendli
Nawt Frendli rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Kashira Meiji
Kashira Meiji rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Karissa
Karissa rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
William Barron
William Barron rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Edward Harington
Edward Harington rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Anne Marie Crookes
Anne Marie Crookes rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
Kyarakat
Kyarakat rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2012
Ernie Shumaker
Ernie Shumaker rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Kara Stenberg
Kara Stenberg rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2008
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2011
GDRhapsody
GDRhapsody rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2010
Janin
Janin rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Roberta
Roberta rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Amy H.
Amy H. rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2009
What's The Name o...: fire feels like ice and main character is a dancer [s] 6 19 Aug 18, 2013 11:52PM
  • The Ring
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed
  • The Legacy of Vashna (Lone Wolf, #16)
  • The Da Vinci Hoax: Exposing the Errors in the Da Vinci Code
  • Mainline
  • The Crown of Kings (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #4)
  • The Kingless Land (Band of Four, #1)
  • Rebel Planet (Fighting Fantasy, #18)
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil (Greyhawk Classics, #5)
  • Power Lines (Petaybee, #2)
  • Afterburn (Bio Rescue, #2)
  • Algorithms in C++, Parts 1-4: Fundamentals, Data Structure, Sorting, Searching
  • Fire Margins (Sholan Alliance, #3)

Cat Scratch (2 books)
  • Cataract (Cat Scratch, #2)