Start by marking “The Prophecy's Child: The Unseen” as Want to Read:
The Prophecy's Child: The Unseen

The Prophecy's Child: The Unseen

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
While raising their only child, Allyson, a shut-in daughter, Gary and Beth Carter find themselves pulled into a world of the occult they could never have imagined. Along with the help of the families two friends, the group embarks upon a journey in what they believe will answer the questions about Allyson's condition. Instead, the horror they discover, endangers the entire ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by iUniverse.com

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecy's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecy's Child

Becky
Feb 27, 2010 Becky rated it it was ok
Recommended to Becky by: FirstReads Giveaway
Won through GR First Reads Giveaways.
I received this book, signed and personalized, after winning the GR First Reads giveaway. Based on the information I read about the book, I was very much looking forward to reading it. The concept of a "special needs" child being linked to the occult was especially interesting to me.

When Beth and Gary Carter were in Israel working as contractors for the military, they stumbled on an ancient site, which set into motion a series of events that were foretold al
Sheri
Nov 05, 2009 Sheri rated it it was amazing
The Prophecy's Child (W.E.D. Wilson) is a chilling "Good Vs. Evil" Thriller. While on a construction job site in Israel, Gary & Beth Carter discover an ancient temple. A strange event in the temple leaves Beth unconcious, and the people who where there start dying.

Allyson is the "special needs" daughter of Gary and Beth. Virtually a shut in, she rarely speaks, has a fear of people, and a severe phobia of leaving the house, resulting in horrific fits of terror.

Family friend Bill Monroe and h
Donald Bambenek
Excellent read. With constant distractions, I still read this book in two days. It kept my interest and was a great diversion. I am waiting for the movie!
Sherrie
Jan 30, 2009 Sherrie rated it it was amazing
A great read - lots of adventure and great character development! Definitely pick this one up!
Morris
Aug 15, 2009 Morris rated it really liked it
Six year old Allyson Carter has been a complete shut in since she was little. Her episodes of screaming and terror forced her parents to home school and exclude their friends and family from Allyson's life. She passes the day drawing on art tablets. Her parents seek the help of Bill Monroe, a theology professor fromNorthwestern University. He discovers a pattern in her drawings that he believes could be words. Bill consults with Clay Harker , an old friend and linguist with the Smithsonian. He ...more
Jamie
Nov 09, 2009 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, first-reads, owned
I am grateful to have been a receiver of the Goodreads giveaway for this book. Thank you WED Wilson.

The premise of this book attracted me right away and I was not disappointed throughout my reading of it. While I wished more indirect character presentation and description of the characters in The Prophecy's Child, i.e. the recurring introductory description of something-year-old so and so, I was captured, in particular, by Bill and Clay's friendship and this was a very important rock the emotion
Karen
Nov 23, 2009 Karen rated it liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of this book from the author, W.E.D. Wilson and he was nice enough to sign it to me on the inside front cover.

I just finished reading this book. I have mixed emotions about it. The premise is that Demons are occasionally visible and that ancient believers in Ba-al and Jezebel survived and are practicing Satan worship. A small child is "channeling (my word) Jezebel and is in danger.

I normally do not read science fiction or fantasy genre books because
Darcia Helle
May 19, 2010 Darcia Helle rated it really liked it
This was a really good read that, with a little editing, could easily become great. The story opens in 807 B.C., at the start of a sacrificial ceremony. From there, it quickly jumps ahead to the present day, where those past events gradually tie in to a six-year-old girl who has become a virtual shut-in. Wilson has obviously done his research, which makes the story feel that much more real.

At times, the dialogue is slightly forced or awkward and certain other issues require a bit of editing. Ho
Debe
Feb 19, 2015 Debe rated it it was amazing
The Prophecy's Child, has a storyline that grabs your attention at the start and you want to continue reading it until you finish it. The book wasn't predictable which made it even better. The story was very intriguing and the author took his time in the details which helps you visualize the events. This is a story to be shared.
Claire
Jan 31, 2009 Claire rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for those who like a suspense-filled page turner. I will definitely be reading this again.
Don't be fooled by the ominous cover- this book is awesome.

It is kind of a mixture of a John Grisham novel with a dash of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
Selinda
Jul 21, 2009 Selinda rated it liked it
I was very excited to read this book when I start, but I was somewhat disappointed as I read. It seemed to repeat itself throughout and I had a hard time paying attention to the book at spots. It was an interesting concept, but I think that it could have been completed in a better way.
Lauri
Jan 10, 2010 Lauri rated it it was amazing
Wow...great book. Wasn't what I thought it was going to be about. Author says is wring a book 2 - defintely can't wait for it. Great book for the biblical history buff. Suspenseful.
Stacey
Jun 13, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I could not put it down because I wanted to see what would happen next! Waiting his next book to come out :)
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
May 24, 2010
Gwen Paszkiewicz
Gwen Paszkiewicz rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2009
Debra
Debra rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2009
Josh Hawkins
Josh Hawkins rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2009
Antquette Lee
Antquette Lee rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2009
Robert Cunningham
Robert Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2009
Sherry
Sherry rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2009
Piper Tesesko
Piper Tesesko rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2013
Rick F.
Rick F. rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2009
MARILYN
MARILYN rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2010
Eli Shayotovich
Eli Shayotovich rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2009
Jackie Trimble
Jackie Trimble rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
D. A.
D. A. rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Sanaz
Sanaz rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2010
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2009
W. E. D. Wilson is a graduate of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), in Brunswick, GA. During his 27 years of federal service he worked in many areas of law enforcement to include investigations, and intelligence. Wilson is also retired from military service.
More about W.E.D. Wilson...