Start by marking “Nowhere to Run” as Want to Read:
Nowhere to Run

Nowhere to Run

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  13 reviews
How can you forget your past when it keeps coming back to haunt you? Judy Westwater, the author of Street Kid, was determined to turn her back on her cruel and violent childhood. She didn't stand a chance. All too soon hope turned to fear and she knew she'd have to run again. Judy was only 11 years old when she was forced to live on the streets. Beaten, half-starved, and h ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by HarperCollins UK

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere to Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere to Run

Eva Leger
May 23, 2009 Eva Leger rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jeannie & Love
Recommended to Eva by: found it on-line
Wow...I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to properly portray this book correctly. My head is still swimming.
(A side note real fast- with all the fake "memoirs" coming out I've decided to handle this a certain way. Unless I have some kind of proof that a book I'm reading, have read, or will read, if a fake, I'm taking it at face value. I have to. I love reading non-fiction far too much to stop so this is just what I have to do.)
This woman has to be one of the most courageous women in the en
Cindy Vine
This autobiography by Judy Westwater was inspirational. She suffered the worst kind of abuse imaginable, struggled for a good part of her life but never gave up. She looked for the positives, made many plans and rose up out of the dung pile time and time again. It was fantastic that she eventually did get to experience love and yet even that was snatched from her. Despite her many trials and struggles, when Judy got some money she didn't think of herself or bettering her life, but immediately th ...more
Louise Lam cheung
Half sad and half happy
Love
Den
Feb 26, 2014 Den rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: true
Didn't realise but this is exactly the same book as 'Street Kid Fights On'. So the following is the review I wrote for that. I actually thought this was the third book she had written.
Managed to get this one out the library at the same time as the prequel and so read this one straight afterwards (with other books in between too of course!).
This continues to show you the hardships Judy faces as she emerges into adulthood. She has two disastrous marriages, fights to make ends meet for herself and
Jeminie
I learned, that life is all about challenges and if you want to solve it, used it with your bare hands.., i also learned not to give up so easily..keep fighting until you succeed, learned more about HIM before marrying him. cause u never knew if he's bad like roger and max. or good like john. T.T really did make me cry! especially when john died.. it's really horrifying... cried for 10 minutes at night. lol ((:
btw.. i LOVE this!
Shayla Rosa
I loved this book, great story line.
It amazing how you think your problems is the biggest in the world and you take your life for granted and then you read this book and its like wow, my problems are nothing compared to other people living in this world.
Never Give Up!
Would recommend this book to anyone as it shows you how much other people go through in life and to appreciate life more!
Alexx Sloboda
I found this book absolutely inspirational. No matter how many times she got knocked down, Judy picked herself up and got on with her life. It absolutely broke my heart when John died. She finally found happiness and it was gone very quickly. I hope that wherever Judy is now, she is proud of all the she has achieved.
Precious of The Flipping Bookworm
One of the most courageous woman one will ever know.
A very inspiring life shared by the author. I never knew that I will love reading this since I am not into autobiographies. But this was worth it.. inspiring and moving.

Worth the read.
Merryll
I found this book very uplifting towards the end.
Great to read that Judy has been able to fulfil her lifelong dreams, despite a torrid first 30 years of life.
Bianca
She had a very sad and tragic life but it gave me inspiration and it made me realized that i am so lucky with my life
Nicole Sandford
Heartbreaking wish they can finally catch a break. A book for adults.
Michelle
A good follow up book to her first one
Cassie Esswein
Cassie Esswein marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Amanda Lasky
Amanda Lasky marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Chelssea
Chelssea marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Claire
Claire added it
Jan 22, 2015
Salyna
Salyna marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Sharon Jones
Sharon Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Mai Reda
Mai Reda marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tammy Hill
Tammy Hill marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Peppa Anne helen
Peppa Anne helen marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • Nobody Came: The Appalling True Story of Brothers Cruelly Abused in a Jersey Care Home
  • Hush, Little Baby
  • I Did Tell, I Did: The True Story of a Little Girl Betrayed by Those Who Should Have Loved Her
  • Silent Sisters
  • Unbeaten
  • How Could She?
  • Daddy's Little Girl
  • Please Don't Make Me Go
  • When Daddy Comes Home
  • Child C: Surviving a Foster Mother's Reign of Terror
  • Cry Myself to Sleep
  • Helpless: The True Story of a Neglected Girl Betrayed and Exploited by the Neighbour She Trusted
  • The Step Child: A True Story of a Broken Childhood