Start by marking “Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen” as Want to Read:
Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen

Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen (A Mike Cohn Signature Book)

The First Guide to Scrum-Based Agile Product Management

In Agile Product Management with Scrum, leading Scrum consultant Roman Pichler uses real-world examples to demonstrate how product owners can create successful products with Scrum. He describes a broad range of agile product management practices, including making agile product discovery work, taking advantage of e

Published 2008 by dpunkt

Be the first to ask a question about Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen

Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 Ben Love rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a disaster. It has nothing related to Product Management but instead talks almost exclusively of a new role called Product Owner.
Reading above this books obvious crowbarring of yet another business role into the purity of Agile (a common corporate failing nowadays), it’s a poor attempt at trying to define a single product-focussed combination of Team Lead & Project Manager. If my years in business have taught me anything; finding such a superhuman that combines several competing
Eduardo Ferro
Apr 02, 2012 Eduardo Ferro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the few books devoted to the role of Product Owner I've seen ...

The book focuses on understanding the role of product owner, create the product vision, working with the backlog, releases planning, and how to introduce the product owner role in a company.

The best part, in my humble opinion, are the tips and trick that help on the creative process and decision-making, for the vision creation and the growing of the backlog.
Sopha Nem
May 21, 2017 Sopha Nem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a new product owner or would like to quickly get an idea what product owner role is all about - this is the book for you. This also means that if you already know a lot about agile/scrum and product ownership, this might be too basic for you.

For me, this book is a good and quick refresher. Recommended!
Mark
Aug 23, 2015 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even after carefully studying the Product Owner role from many angles, this book taught me a lot about this role. For example, among many other things, Roman Pichler did a great job describing many relationships, and of course, focused on the many relationships that the Product Owner has, both with the development teams, the rest of the organization (management, departments, etc.) and, the customers. To accomplish this, Roman describes the organizational contexts so that a Product Owner can esta ...more
Hannah
May 18, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a new Product Owner transitioning into the role, this book was recommended to me as an intro to PO in Agile. I read it when I first started out, and absorbed probably about 15-20% of the content. A lot of it is quite high-level and assumes familiarity with Agile development and product management. I like that the book focuses on the PO role pretty much exclusively, but I'm in the process of re-reading it to see if there are more insights that I can apply to my role, now that I've been working ...more
Kresimir Mudrovcic
Nice overview of Agile Product Management, maybe a bit too shallow, high level and simplistic. It is a really good source of information for someone who is interested in Agile Product Management. I expected a bit more in-depth overview.
Marcin
May 11, 2010 Marcin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good guide to the role of Product Owner and approach to project management in Scrum.
Jaya Krishnan
Though author has done a fabulous job detailing the various facets of product management in an agile context, he's only scratched the surface of many of the underlying concepts. As someone who already works in a Scrum environment, I was expecting a more comprehensive coverage on applying agile techniques using scrum. That said, if you are somone transitioning into scrum from old product management practices such as waterfall, you will find this book useful.
Máximo Martínez
A general overview of the PO role, I enjoyed the 'common pitfalls' after each chapter. Could have more depth.
Anil
Jan 25, 2017 Anil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent take on Product owner responsibility and Scrum in large and medium projects. Suitable for novice and seasoned Product Managers alike
Marcos Silveira
Dec 07, 2012 Marcos Silveira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: development
A primeira coisa que me chamou atenção ao ler o livro é a qualidade distinta que este ‘novo’ profissional chamado Product Owner precisa ter. No Scrum, ele substitui o que, na velha escola, era responsabilidade em parte do gerente de marketing, em parte do gerente de produtos, e em parte do analista de negócio. É muito trabalho para uma pessoa só e, na medida em que o livro avança, você tem certeza que não ter a pessoa certa para este papel pode fazer com que tudo dê errado.
O Product Owner (PO)
Christian
Das Buch liefert einen guten Überblick über die Rolle eines Product Owners in Scrum Projekten. Es wird zuerst die Rolle des Product Owner mit seinen Aufgaben und Verantwortungen in einem Scrum Projekt vorgestellt. Danach wird jede dieser Aufgaben und Verantwortungen als eigenes Kapitel näher beleuchtet.

Einen grossen Raum nimmt die Pflege des Product Backlogs und die Releaseplanung ein, die die wichtigsten Aufgaben eines Product Owners darstellen. Anschliessend wird die Rolle des Product Owners w
gramakri
A Product Owner (PO) is one of the key roles in Scrum framework. POs are responsible for maximizing the value of the product being developed and the work of the development team. Clearly the role of a PO is a very challenging one. This book is a much needed guide for the POs to excel in their roles and to ensure the launch of products that the customers will be delighted to have.
While there is no denying the fact this is an extremely useful book for Product Owners, the title of the book "Agile P
Noelia MT
Feb 11, 2017 Noelia MT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agile
Interesting if you need inspiration o guidance on how to build product backlogs, and partnership other stakeholders during product envisioning + prototyping phases of the development of a product. Quite interesting if your are about to start working on a new product.
Agile methodology needs to be in place before incorporating the suggestions made in this book.
Piotr Gregorczyk
Aug 30, 2015 Piotr Gregorczyk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for someone to start reading about agile and scrum.
Fine piece of advice about grooming and backlog items overall. Finally someone tried to cover topic with specific hints and not just useless sentences rephrased every second book.
Personally I found useful chapters about scaling product backlog and creating roadmap. I’ve also found interesting some tips and facts from the world (like a message box in google).
Book could be even more specific about some subjects (or have better example
Ihsan Mani
May 18, 2014 Ihsan Mani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good intro book. I really liked it and enjoyed reading it and found it very useful. However, after reading the book I still have many questions left unanswered. It almost discusses everything in agile product management but in brief. I expected more in-depth overview of the product owner role and the author seems to be aware of this as many times in the book he refers the reader to other books for a comprehensive overview of a section.

I also think that this book would've been much better an
Andrew
Excellent initial primer / survey of Scrum Product Owner role with practical advice, calling out of pitfalls, extensive bibliography.

Seems essential reading for Scrum teams, for Product Owners, and for the management above Product Owners and Scrum teams.

I found some of the treatment of scaling Scrum tedious, but that may be in part because I don't currently have those needs, I don't think.

I found most of the examples under-developed, over-simple toys. I'd have preferred twice as many examples in
Robert Postill
This book has a great premise and there is a lot of good information in the book. Sadly I found the author's prose rather talks down to the reader, so by the time I'd finished the book I was quietly glad I'd finished. There is a good discussion about the role of the product owner and their interface to the team as well as solid background material on product vision and strategy. If you're a product owner I'd think about talking to your team lead to help you navigate the material and how it fits ...more
Sergio
Feb 06, 2016 Sergio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are not so many books focusing on Agile Product Management in particular. This book is one of the books recommended in scrum.org, and it is a great book. It is really pleasant to read, and it provides lots of insights and many advices related to Agile product management including vision, backlog management and others. I have made lots of annotations and I will probably read it again.
This was one of the main resources I have used to study and pass Scrum.org's PSPO I exam.
Celso Crivelaro
Apr 28, 2014 Celso Crivelaro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rather than introduce Product Management, this book introduces the role of Product Owner in Agile Projects.

This book explains the role and activities that a P.O. must and should do and the differentiation from the Scrum Master and Development Team.

For beginners in Scrum, this book explains all activities and differences a Product Owner from a Project or Product Manager.

If you are already practitioner of Scrum, I strong recommend skip this book.
Olha
Jul 22, 2014 Olha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's a great book for somene who's just starting as a Product Owner. Quite general, but as the book itself says: "Note that this book is not a product management primer. It is not a Scrum primer, either... Thie book assumes that you are familiar with Scrum and that you have a working product management knowledge"
Carey
Sep 10, 2011 Carey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
If you need to know about this stuff, a nice, easy, quick read, and a good guide to the process. Not something I'd read on a beach, but the pigs and chickens in 'scrums' always do make me think of Animal Farm. Not at all relevant, but you have to stay awake somehow...
Susanne Bartel
Dec 04, 2009 Susanne Bartel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: alle die nach einer kompakten Einführung in Scrum suchen.
Dieses Buch ist eine exzellente Einführung in Scrum.
Insgesamt wenig 'philosophisches', sondern ein kompletten Überblick über das Framework, mit praktischen Ratschläge und Beschreibung bewährter Best Practices.
Im letzten Teil gibt es dann noch einen Ausblick, wie Scrum in großen und verteilten Projekten eingesetzt werden kann.
Mark Wheeler
Mar 02, 2016 Mark Wheeler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because I'd worked in Agile environment before but they weren't strict Scrum based, whereas my new role was within Scrum development environment, so I wanted to make sure my knowledge was up to date and I was able to understand the implementation of Scrum being used.
The book lived up to my expectations and got me up to speed with Scrum.
Joseph Santiago
If you’re looking for a very well detailed and easy to understand guidebook for Agile Project Management, buy this book. In this book you will detail instructions and guidelines on how to improve your product continuously. Paul did a remarkable job on creating a very informative book like this and I commend him for that. It is really worth spending my free time reading this book.

Mr Joe
Seth
Jun 09, 2015 Seth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it doesn't specifically tell you how to create products that customers love (because without knowing who your customers are, how could we do that?), this is a nice concise book that helps provide guidance for product managers coming to Agile.
JC Hewitt
Gave me some reasonably usable ideas about the agile process in a one-sitting complete read.

Unfortunately, it didn't define enough of the terminology for me. I still need a basic text explaining agile terminology (i.e. "sprints") if someone can recommend one for me.
Bob Schatz
Great book for Product Owners. Covers all the material that we try to teach in Product Owner training and coaching. Roman did a great job of covering both the standard approaches, the adjustments we make for larger projects, and the pitfalls.
L
Jan 15, 2017 L rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a very short book with around 100 pages. The positioning book is a bit strange. It doesn't cover scrum well nor covers Product Management in depth. It offers some solutions to typical challenges but just felt overall lacking in depth.

Good for an intro I suppose.
Lachlan
Nothing really specially and quite a bit of Scrum being re-hashed. That seems harsher than it should be. The good points are:
size - not too big for new product owners to read,
experience - the author has done the job,
existence - someone wrote the book which was really needed.
  • User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development (Addison Wesley Signature Series)
  • Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise
  • Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
  • Scrum and XP from the Trenches
  • Bridging the Communication Gap: Specification by Example and Agile Acceptance Testing
  • Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
  • The Enterprise and Scrum (Developer Best Practices)
  • Practices for Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Large, Multisite, and Offshore Product Development with Large-Scale Scrum
  • Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business
  • Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
  • The Art of Product Management: Lessons from a Silicon Valley Innovator
  • The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
  • Agile Coaching
  • Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play: Creating Breakthrough Products and Services
  • Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
  • Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash
  • Collaboration Explained: Facilitation Skills for Software Project Leaders

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

A Mike Cohn Signature Book (9 books)
  • The Scrum Field Guide: Practical Advice for Your First Year