Start by marking “Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen” as Want to Read:
Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen

Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  347 ratings  ·  43 reviews

The First Guide to Scrum-Based Agile Product Management

In Agile Product Management with Scrum, leading Scrum consultant Roman Pichler uses real-world examples to demonstrate how product owners can create successful products with Scrum. He describes a broad range of agile product management practices, including making agile product discovery work, taking advantage of em

Published 2008 by dpunkt

Be the first to ask a question about Scrum - agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen

Ben Love
This book is a disaster. It has nothing related to Product Management but instead talks almost exclusively of a new role called Product Owner.
Reading above this books obvious crowbarring of yet another business role into the purity of Agile (a common corporate failing nowadays), it’s a poor attempt at trying to define a single product-focussed combination of Team Lead & Project Manager. If my years in business have taught me anything; finding such a superhuman that combines several competing...more
Eduardo Ferro
This is one of the few books devoted to the role of Product Owner I've seen ...

The book focuses on understanding the role of product owner, create the product vision, working with the backlog, releases planning, and how to introduce the product owner role in a company.

The best part, in my humble opinion, are the tips and trick that help on the creative process and decision-making, for the vision creation and the growing of the backlog.
Marcin
Really good guide to the role of Product Owner and approach to project management in Scrum.
Ihsan Mani
Very good intro book. I really liked it and enjoyed reading it and found it very useful. However, after reading the book I still have many questions left unanswered. It almost discusses everything in agile product management but in brief. I expected more in-depth overview of the product owner role and the author seems to be aware of this as many times in the book he refers the reader to other books for a comprehensive overview of a section.

I also think that this book would've been much better an...more
gramakri
A Product Owner (PO) is one of the key roles in Scrum framework. POs are responsible for maximizing the value of the product being developed and the work of the development team. Clearly the role of a PO is a very challenging one. This book is a much needed guide for the POs to excel in their roles and to ensure the launch of products that the customers will be delighted to have.
While there is no denying the fact this is an extremely useful book for Product Owners, the title of the book "Agile P...more
Marcos Vinicius
A primeira coisa que me chamou atenção ao ler o livro é a qualidade distinta que este ‘novo’ profissional chamado Product Owner precisa ter. No Scrum, ele substitui o que, na velha escola, era responsabilidade em parte do gerente de marketing, em parte do gerente de produtos, e em parte do analista de negócio. É muito trabalho para uma pessoa só e, na medida em que o livro avança, você tem certeza que não ter a pessoa certa para este papel pode fazer com que tudo dê errado.
O Product Owner (PO)...more
Celso Crivelaro
Rather than introduce Product Management, this book introduces the role of Product Owner in Agile Projects.

This book explains the role and activities that a P.O. must and should do and the differentiation from the Scrum Master and Development Team.

For beginners in Scrum, this book explains all activities and differences a Product Owner from a Project or Product Manager.

If you are already practitioner of Scrum, I strong recommend skip this book.
Olya
It's a great book for somene who's just starting as a Product Owner. Quite general, but as the book itself says: "Note that this book is not a product management primer. It is not a Scrum primer, either... Thie book assumes that you are familiar with Scrum and that you have a working product management knowledge"
Fabio Fabbrucci
This book provides a good introduction to Product Management discipline.
It gives real-life examples and explains in simple words this new soft-hard skill.

Thanks Roman for writing this book.
Toni Biker
As a ScrumMaster, it's great to have the opportunity to read about Scrum from the perspective of a Product Owner.
Emily Leathers
Read kindle sample on 2/25/14. Seemed relevant when working on roadmap and sequencing for Causes vision MVP.
scarlettraces
Good intro. Would be even more useful if I could get my sponsor to read it.
Robert Postill
This book has a great premise and there is a lot of good information in the book. Sadly I found the author's prose rather talks down to the reader, so by the time I'd finished the book I was quietly glad I'd finished. There is a good discussion about the role of the product owner and their interface to the team as well as solid background material on product vision and strategy. If you're a product owner I'd think about talking to your team lead to help you navigate the material and how it fits...more
Dariusz
po wcześniejszych lekturach - nic nowego
Carey
If you need to know about this stuff, a nice, easy, quick read, and a good guide to the process. Not something I'd read on a beach, but the pigs and chickens in 'scrums' always do make me think of Animal Farm. Not at all relevant, but you have to stay awake somehow...
Susanne Bartel
Dec 12, 2009 Susanne Bartel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: alle die nach einer kompakten Einführung in Scrum suchen.
Dieses Buch ist eine exzellente Einführung in Scrum.
Insgesamt wenig 'philosophisches', sondern ein kompletten Überblick über das Framework, mit praktischen Ratschläge und Beschreibung bewährter Best Practices.
Im letzten Teil gibt es dann noch einen Ausblick, wie Scrum in großen und verteilten Projekten eingesetzt werden kann.
Lachlan
Nothing really specially and quite a bit of Scrum being re-hashed. That seems harsher than it should be. The good points are:
size - not too big for new product owners to read,
experience - the author has done the job,
existence - someone wrote the book which was really needed.
Magnus
Apr 19, 2014 Magnus is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scrum
Interesting with a book that focus on the Product management and the product owners role in Scrum. Well worth reading if you are in the business or thinking about taking the step.

Chapters of interest:
Envisioning the product
Release planning on big projects
JC Hewitt
Gave me some reasonably usable ideas about the agile process in a one-sitting complete read.

Unfortunately, it didn't define enough of the terminology for me. I still need a basic text explaining agile terminology (i.e. "sprints") if someone can recommend one for me.
yoli
This book had a lot of examples, and is quite idealistic (or I'm just jaded from our "agile" implementation at a large Fortune 50 with all its crazy bureaucracy).

But the formatting made it an easy read and the table of contents are quite nicely laid out.
Thomas Kuryura
This a good book for Product Owners and Scrum Masters alike, who want to see how a good PO performs during a project. This book has a lot of useful tips that you can give when coaching a PO in Agile methodology. This book is not too extensive, though.
Kresimir Mudrovcic
Nice overview of Agile Product Management, maybe a bit too shallow, high level and simplistic. It is a really good source of information for someone who is interested in Agile Product Management. I expected a bit more in-depth overview.
Yury Averkiev
I didn't really like this book. It contains pretty much the same information that can be found in the excellent Mike Cohn'es "Succeeding with Agile". If you already read "Succeeding with Agile" don't waste your time on this book.
Johan Oskarsson
Nothing new in perticular. Same old product owner. Does not seam to know that the difference is between a product owner and product manager, as everyone else. Has got some fun don'ts which reoccur. Its short!!
Shuan
My first book on the product owner role in scrum. Highly readable. Many good tips here and there. A rather complete and practical overview. Highly recommended as an introduction to the topic.
Cindy
Great overview of the product owner role. Good for product owners themselves and upper management trying to select them. Common mistakes and better practices in about 100 pages.
Amy Mcsharry
Really great book - I wish it was aimed more towards website product management versus actual physical product management, but overall it was a very informative read.
Flavius
This is a good book for a beginner Product Owner trying to understand her place in the team in the context of Scrum. Its usefulness sadly stops there.
Richard
Nice little book. Good introduction or refresher on general Agile information and a good book for people taking on a Product Owner role for the first time.
  • Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
  • Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
  • Scrum and XP from the Trenches
  • Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
  • Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
  • Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise
  • Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business
  • Agile Coaching
  • Agile Project Management with Scrum
  • The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
  • The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development
  • Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
  • Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
  • Implementation Patterns
  • Inspired: How to Create Products Customers Love
  • Specification by Example
  • Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases Through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation (Addison-Wesley Signature)
  • Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
Agile Entwicklungspraktiken mit Scrum

“The first thing we have to do is to look ahead two to three sprints to understand which product backlog items are likely to be worked on (Cohn 2005, 206; Pichler 2008, 146). This requires decomposing and refining product backlog items earlier; more detailed items can now be found at the top of the product backlog. The next step is to identify any dependencies between the teams by asking the following questions: Do they have to work on the same feature or component? Does any team act as the supplier of another team? If so, is it feasible to supply the feature or component and use it in the same sprint? To eliminate problematic dependencies, we may have to change the product backlog prioritization.” 0 likes