Start by marking “eBully” as Want to Read:
eBully

eBully

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Vice Principal Steve Lukather is desperate. Just like last year, an internet bully is terrorizing one of his students at Lakeland Middle School. Last time it ended badly when the victim was found with two slashed wrists after an attempted suicide. This year, after a series of nasty computer messages and an indiscreet photograph of Carly Gillette spread through the student ...more
Published January 11th 2009

To ask other readers questions about eBully, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about eBully

Ashlyn
This was a very short read. This seemed more targeted towards middle aged youth. I felt that if the characters were a little more developed, or the story was just told from one person's point of view, then it would have added more mystery to the story and the ending would have been surprising.

This was a cute story about trying to find an online bully. It really shows how it can affect the victim. Also, when someone is saying anything mean to someone online, it shows that the person may not reali
Lindsey
This book was better than I thought it was going to be.

But what I found interesting about this book is this is going on right now. Students are being bullied through texts and on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and others. So in reality this book is very true in a way. It's easier to bully someone when you don't have to stand face to face. In a way the phone or computer always the person to hide.

Middle school students are being bullied and Principal Lukather wants it to stop and will do
Anne
Elaine
Steve Lukather, a middle school vice-principal solicits help from a troubled 13-year old Scott in the form of discovering what he can about cyber-bullying. One of the students who recently attended Lukather’s school was bullied enough to attempt suicide and now he wants to put a stop to it or at least do what he can to prevent it.

Before reading this story, I had thought “What’s the big deal about bullying these days? Why is it such a big thing now when it’s always been around? And why aren’t ki
Lori Henrich
Carly has been receiving some texts and IMs that are making her very uncomfortable. She is getting scared. No matter what she does they won't stop.

Vice Principal Lukather is trying to do something about eBullys. One of his students tried to commit suicide because of being bullied by someone using the internet and a cell phone. He doesn't want that to happen again. So when he discovers that another student is under the gun, he brings in a kid with a sketchy past to help him find out who is doing
Caleb Blake
A very topical book and a pretty quick read, eBully was dedicated to but not so much based on a true story where a teen bullied on the internet eventually committed suicide.

In this story, a recent nearly fatal case of e-bullying prompted a teacher to take a very unconventional course of action to prevent another incident with a different student. This leads to a juvenile defender being brought in undercover to try to find the culprit in exchange for his freedom from the detention centre. It's a
Maria Hooley
Let me start by telling you what E-Bully isn't. It's not about vampires or other paranormal creatures. It's not Gossip Girl, either. It's not a love story at the core. Lacking those things doesn't mean it's bad It means it's geared toward a specific niche--ya issues, and if you enjoy books like Thirteen Reasons Why, Swallowing Stones, or Speak, then this book is definitely worth the read.

As a high school teacher, one of the things I appreciated most about this novel is that the characters were w
Aurora
I won this book from goodreads in a giveaway.

Let's see. It was a quick read. It was entertaining, too. I was very impressed with the character development. No one was completely good or completely bad - they were all just kinda people. There were no characters I disliked, either.

The writing was all right. The author doesn't know when to use commas...

The mystery was average as far as how easy it was to solve.

I do wish we could have gotten a bit more background information on the characters, espe
Candy
This is one of those subjects that you wish didn't need attention. In fact, the whole thing kind of makes you ill. I think bullying is probably one subject that nearly everyone can identify with. Whether it was in school, at home, at work or with friends, we have all known a bully or two, many of us up close and personal.

For those of us that are 30-something, our schoolyard bullies were much different. We knew their faces and we knew what the danger was. These days, bullies are faceless. They l
Matt Schiariti
I think the best thing about this novel is that it's entirely plausible. In fact, it may as well have 'ripped from the headlines' as a tag line.

Carly is just your average every day middle schooler. That is until someone takes a compromising picture of her in the girl's bathroom at school and sends it to the entire student body. It doesn't stop there though. She starts receiving nasty text messages and is the focus of the same nastiness on the book's version of today's popular social networking s
Anastacia
eBully is a very quick read; I read this book in one day. It's a great book, that I very quickly got sucked into. I felt for the main character & her pain, and often relived my own, painful, tormented childhood, and wondered what anguish I might have gone through if I was a teenager today, instead of in the late 80's/early 90's, before anyone had heard of this thing called an internet. I admit, I didn't know who the eBully was until 3/4ths of the way through the book, which was wonderful bec ...more
Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire
This book was ok.

This book is about a girl Carly being bullied through the internet and text messages. Embarrassing pictures of her were also send to cell phones to everyone in her school. Carly became depressed. The Vice principal of the school recruited/hired Scott who is basically lives in a juvie type center and is a kid criminal. Scott is hired to go undercover in Carly's school to catch the bully in exchanged for a clean slate. A few other kids get involved to help Scott.

I think this book
Jeff Beesler
I decided I needed a break from reading my usual sci-fi/fantasy/horror stuff and landed on eBully as the book of choice. I must say that the book underscores the whole bully phenomenon as it pertains to the digital era. Any young adult who feels bullied could certainly relate to this book. At times, however, I wasn't quite sure which character was talking. Also, the bounce back and forth between the story and the "IM screen" made it a little difficult for me to stay focused on the story.

All in a
Colleen Lahey
Too disorganized for my taste.
Talia Jager
This book is a quick read about a very important subject. I got sucked in and had to read until I was done. The author was very good at keeping the identity of the bully a mystery and the ending was surprising. I liked how the main characters of this book include boys and girls. I think either would enjoy reading eBully. I think it's an important matter today and I am now letting my teenager read it.
Starla B
I really enjoyed this book. The idea is a little scary, and knowing that even though this story is fiction, this kind of thing happens all of the time and could happen to anyone. I had a suspicion about the "bad guy" from about 40% through...but didn't really KNOW it was that person until 75% through so that was good. I was hoping there was a sequel out there, but no such luck. Maybe some day.
Tam Tam
This book makes you think about cyberbullying. I'm not a big fan of students having electronic devices at school. This is a really good reason why they should not be allowed in school. Another aspect people should think about is you never know who is on the other end. There were many good lessons to take away from this book. I think students should read it.
Kathryn
A good young adult novel that read quickly. I'm very glad when I was in school, we did not have to deal with this type of bullying since cellphones did not exist yet and neither did we have the internet. I never guessed the ending, I thought I had figured it out, but it was definitely not who I thought.
Jill
Pretty good read, especially in today's climate. My only complaint is the lack of resolution in the end with some of the information. I really feel that that is a HUGE weakness of the moral of the book.
April Leonard
Good read. I would reccomend it to teachers who are interested in reading about bullying and how students use technology against one another.
Candice Roper
Quick read and brings up some important issues about how dangerous technology can be and when it goes too far.
Libbeth
Erin
Elizabeth
Very interesting and makes you realize that this is an issue that is very close to all of us...
Donna DeBoer
Pretty good YA book. I liked the characters and it was something that could have really happened.
Margaret Boehm
Excellent young adult detailing the horrors of e bullying. Really a twist at the end.
White Witch
Jan 31, 2011 White Witch marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i so wanna read this.. it sounds very interesting...
Pripra99
Such an amazing book!!! I loved it so much.
Lora Allen
Lora Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Bullied:  The Complete Series
  • Forgotten: Seventeen and Homeless (Secrets, #1)
  • Baby Talk (Book 1)
  • Birdsongs
  • The Reborn (the Day Eight Series Part 1)
  • The Twenty Dollar Bill
  • One, Two ... He Is Coming For You (Rebekka Franck #1)
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • County Line
  • Rumors of Savages
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
  • Thinspo
  • Dover Beach (The Last P.I., #1)
  • In High Places
  • Superman's Cape
  • Sinnerman (Volume 2)
  • Strangeville Part 1
  • Veiled Freedom
Wrecker Snodgrass Vacation Man of Steel (Cold Cases Book 1) Primary Justice Throwback