Start by marking “Knitting: Learn to Knit Six Great Projects” as Want to Read:
Knitting: Learn to Knit Six Great Projects

Knitting: Learn to Knit Six Great Projects

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Knitting is simultaneously trendy and traditional. We're pleased to present here the easiest how-to-knit kit you'll ever find. Knitting takes you from step zero (how to hold the needles and yarn) to finished projects you'll show off shamelessly. The book comes complete with yarn, knitting needles, a crochet hook, two buttons and a sewing needle. Learn to knit a long skinny ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Scholastic Inc. (first published September 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Knitting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting

Lizzy
I would have never guessed how effortless it would be to pick up a new skill such as knitting, and from a book too! With the how-to book Kitting by Anne Akers Johnson, this skill which is typically imagined as overly complicated and only for grandmas can be quickly picked up and mastered with a little patients, needles and yarn.

Part of the reason why this book is so simple to understand is the organization aspect of it. At the beginning of the book there is a section entitled Basics. Within thi
Kayla
Nov 24, 2010 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I recommend this book to anyone young or old that is interested in learning how to knit.
Recommended to Kayla by: My Mom
Shelves: knitting
This is the book that taught me how to knit. I have knitted all six projects in this book, the hats being the best out of all of them.... I recommend this book to anyone young or old that is interested in learning how to knit. :-)
Iris
This book managed what my mom couldn't; it actually taught me how to knit. I can't believe how easy it was for me to follow the instructions, well, some of them seemed a bit confusing at first, but after a while I got the hang of it.
Miss Naomi
I learned how to knit from this exceptional book. I did have a problem with the photos of teenaged girls who, by my standards and God's Word, weren't dressed modestly (my reason for giving the book only four stars). However, this book gives the easiest, most thorough step-by-step instructions that I'm sure absolutely anyone (with patience, mind you =) could learn this fun, relaxing, creative, and most enjoyable craft. Knitting is so rewarding. You never have to be bored when you have a project t ...more
Ashley
Don't Judge! I've always wanted to learn how to knit, and this book was the perfect starting point. Klutz really knows how to breakdown crafting and present it in a way readers can easily follow. Also, I loved the book's use of colored illustrations, which made visualizing where to pick up stitches much easier.
Katina
While I had to rely on You Tube knitting videos to get the knit stitch down and had to meet up with a friend to learn how to purl, this book got me casting on without any trouble. Although I found the illustrations somewhat lacking, since this book is available on Amazon and comes with yarn, needles and a crochet hook, I think this book is a great find for those of us aspiring knitters who are (well, I was until I started knitting) intimidated by knitting stores and the people who frequent them.
Wooden Horse
I am a knitter and have been for many years so when we received one of these damaged in a shipment last year I jumped at the chance to knit up a sample from the book. I tried to follow the directions from beginning to end as though I didn't already know how to cast on etc. It was easy to follow and the little purse I made came out rather nicely. I did change the pattern just a little bit (as I always do) because I prefer an i-cord strap to a stockinette strap.
Aquit
Finally, a book that actually shows you how to freaking knit! I love the majority of these patterns and can't wait to start knitting them!
Amanda
All projects use size 8 knitting needle

pocket purse (change purse)
scarf
sunglass bag
purse
cell phone sock
hat
Mari
This book is wonderful and it includes a kit containing all the items a new knitter needs.
Allison
Extremely helpful- the best book I could find for self-taught knitters!
Noa
Not the best instructions, but pretty good patterns.
Severa
This is the book that taught me to knit.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Shawnna
Shawnna marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Kitten Kisser
Kitten Kisser marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
ErinJoseph Cook
ErinJoseph Cook marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles (Klutz) Cat's Cradle: A Book of String Figures Crochet: Learn to Crochet Six Great Projects Hemp Bracelets The Buck Book