Start by marking “3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)” as Want to Read:
3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)

3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project #2)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  980 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Rand - after tragedy struck six years ago, Rand buried what was left of his heart. But Phoebe Garrison isn't giving up, and she's got an enticing deal: the coveted deed to property his company needs in exchange for one hot week in her bed. It's an offer even the brooding Rand can't refuse. Now, as every hunger is explored, every secret revealed, Rand knows he'll need more ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys

Heather Daub
Mar 17, 2016 Heather Daub rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-and-read
2.5 stars.
I'm sorry, but I just was not a fan of this. There are 3 stories in this book, and they were so fast paced that I felt like there were no details. They meet, make love, live happily ever after, the end... For each story.
Not a fan. ):
Jane Stewart
Two ok stories, one weak story.

1st and 2nd stories: 3 stars each. Sex scenes were good. Stories were just ok. They were not long enough to get into interesting character development or plot. The major conflict in the 2nd story was that he paid her money to marry him so she could feel independent. Then he worried whether she loved him or did it for the money. It was a little odd.

I did not like the 3rd story (2 stars).
CAUTION SPOILER:
Colton gets drunk, meets and marries a showgirl, remembers nothi
Jen
Aug 19, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
"3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys" by Lucy Monroe consists of three somewhat intertwined stories that can be read as standalones. Each one is short enough that the entire book may be read in one sitting (which is what happened on my end).

The three bad boys are actually half-brothers, all having the same father, but I wouldn't really call them "bad boys". Each one was basically a nice guy and showed each of the women respect and, later on, love and devotion.

There was nothing overly complicated with the s
Christine Alibutud
Aug 03, 2014 Christine Alibutud rated it liked it
Torn between rating this 2.5 or 3 stars for the three stories. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. I was hoping that this would give me a good laugh and maybe make me swoon or something like that, but sadly, it didn't reach my expectations. I mean, it had its moments, but most of the time, I was just reading it just for the sake of finishing it. It was kind of draggy, and the plot was sometimes loose. Plus, the characters were kind of jumbled and everything...I don't know. I d ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Sep 08, 2014 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~3/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

These stories were not as good as I was hoping they would be. They were weaker in character and story, but overall just rushed.

The first story, about Rand, was cute. He doesn’t want a serious relationship, but Pheobe pushes him to spend a week together in bed for the property of hers that he wants. The romance and characters were fine in this, but the climactic moment where Rand realizes he wants Pheobe for good just didn’t work for me. It made sense as
Kiru Taye
Ok. I have to say this. I'm still reading this book but it's like I can't get past page 78. Because it had a disjointed scene. I'm a very visual reader. My mind is a veritable cinematographic delight. So i get frustrated when i can't place characters in a scene. And that's what's happened in page 77/78 of this book. It is more frustrating because its a love scene.
In the book, the hero has just walked back into the hotel suite he's staying with the heroine. She's waiting for him as he arrives. A
thadine
Nov 01, 2012 thadine rated it it was ok
Rand, Carter and Colton are three half-brothers with the same womanizing father. each of the brothers gets his own little story in this book. the problem with shorter stories, is that the author needs a lot more skill to give characters depth. Unfortunately, Monroe didn't really manage. The book isn't terrible, but the stories are saccharine and repetitive. These scenes were blah. They would have been all right if they weren't all in the same book, but when you get the stories one after another ...more
Kathy
Jul 02, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Angelica Morales
Jan 03, 2015 Angelica Morales rated it really liked it
The plot itself was nice although the entire book did feel rushed in such a way that the characters and the background did not get to develop that much.
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 13, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Rand
Frenesi De Paixão
Lucy Monroe
Sabrina 1365
2005

Ai, ai, ai... Rand é uma coisa de homem, estou apaixonada por ele.

Digamos um pouquinho sofrido, mas que homem maravilhoso...

Fiona que mulher de sorte, estou com vontade de agredi-la, sou contra violência, mas tenho vontade de agredi-la virtualmente. Se é que isso é possível.

Não importa, como ela ousa pensar em deixá-lo, isso jamais deveria passar pela cabeça dela, nem por brincadeira...

Que homem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leia e se apaixone também...

Devo e
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Apr 06, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of series romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
This was an OK trio of moderate romances told with a yawn. The redeeming qualities were the imaginative plots and the well-drawn characters. These characters have real issues, and I did not believe in the happily ever after endings because the issues had barely been addressed.

I don't know why Lucy Monroe can write a fairly explicit love scene mentioning body parts by name, but she cannot write a curse word. How about this:

"He said a not very nice word."

and this:

"...he erupted into cursing...."

Wo
Jenny Delandro
Aug 04, 2010 Jenny Delandro rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
After I read the first story the second and third were almost exactly the same format

girl meets boy (circumstances change)
they have sex (circumstances change)
after some time they declare love for each other
they kiss
everyone lives happily ever after

The stories were a bit fluffy
that it my term for light airy reading (like holiday novels)

Three brothers - meet / bed / and keep three very different women.

I must admit that I will probably look out for the next book in this series .... although the sto
Kimngan Tran
Apr 13, 2016 Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
A deal is a deal 1
Carter's story 1
Colton's story 1
Terri Hebert
May 01, 2016 Terri Hebert rated it it was amazing
Love this book. A great read !!!!
Tammy Pickens
Nov 30, 2015 Tammy Pickens rated it really liked it
Not a bad read, just too short. Not enough time to connect with the characters.
Tiffany
Sep 15, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
JUST FINISH READING THE FIRST LOVE STORY BETWEEN INNOCENT CHICK AND RAND. WOW!!! CARTER A BIG PHYSICAL ATTRACTION TO DAISY, HIS BRIDE-TO-BE AND COLTON WAS MESMERSIZED BY HIS BRIDE FAYRE, WHO HE DRUNKLY MARRIED IN LAS VEGAS. EXCELLENT NOVEL!!!!
Mojca
If these three fellas are bad boys I'm the Queen of Sheba. Truly, the three half-brothers, offspring of one Hoyt Sloane, are lambs compared to some real bad boys of Romancelandia out there.
And their stories are living proof. Rather meek and quite uneventful, often boring, and not very entertaining. They certainly didn't pull me in.

This was a rather meh one-author anthology with average heroes and even more average heroines, seriously lacking in chemistry and even more in plot.

Disappointing.
Stacie
Feb 04, 2008 Stacie added it
This has three short stories in it by the same author. The stories follow three brothers as they fall in love under different circumstances. The first brother is afraid to give his heart because his wife and child died years ago. But he finds himself attracted to his brother's exfiancee. The second brother falls in love with a woman working for his company and offers her half a million dollars to marry him. The third brother meets a showgirl while drunk and marries her in Vegas.
Vicky S (mynameisbibliophile)
This book came at exactly the right time. Not only is it the best of Lucy Monroe's work, in my opinion, but it was exactly what I needed: hunky men and true love. Doesn't it get any better? I've always found short fiction a challenge to undertake, where writing is concerned, and I find it very interesting to see how other people can pull it off, and in this collection, Monroe pulls it off big time. I loved every single one of these characters and was immediately sucked in. Loved it!
Just - The romance reader
This is the first, but will not be the last, Lucy Monroe book I have read.

Three Brides For Three Bad Boys is a collection of three novellas about half brothers who are bad boys that all turn out to be really good guys. The novellas are about the three totally hunky, hot brothers, Rand, Carter, and Colten, and their whirlwind romances.

A fast and racy read that will likely leave you wanting more of each of these bad boy brothers.
Trisha
Feb 07, 2013 Trisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucy Monroe did a excellent job of connecting these stories. It's not often that three short stories relate to each other but this is one of the rare times it does. Every character is well developed and very likable. I can't say much more without giving anything away and since I don't do spoilers. I'll just say that if you like to read about men that won't take no for a answer when it comes to his woman than you'll love this book.
Bonita
Jun 05, 2014 Bonita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3 novellas that are just long enough. I enjoyed each story.
Val
May 26, 2012 Val rated it did not like it
Of the three stories, each one was worse than the previous. It was a disappointment. I couldn't finish reading the last story because it was so foolish. And their were too many scenes about intimacy, they lost there value. Not to mention all the intimacy scenes were pretty much described the same way. It became boring.
May 06, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars
Just a so-so read. I wouldn't call any of the "boys" bad...more like horny. There really wasn't any plot or character development. Not really a bad read, just not a good one, either...if you want something fluffy with sex, this one works. If you want substance, look someplace else.
Brenda (b)
Three half-brothers each trying to overcome past and avoid the mistakes of their father. I liked the first two stories (Rand's and Carter's) the best. The third didn't seem contain as much depth and felt almost like it was tacked on as an afterthought.
~Megan~
Jun 09, 2011 ~Megan~ rated it liked it
This book was not really what I was expecting....Goodreads made it seem like they were connected to her mercenary series, but these are straight romance with no suspense. The first two novellas were better than the last, which was completely unbelievable.
Vickie
Sep 17, 2011 Vickie rated it liked it
The first story was a gripper, the second was luke warm but the third I read within 3 hours. Finished up the book and on to the next. Overall this was an okay book, not my usual paranormal fantasy type.
Emily
Oct 21, 2008 Emily rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-own
Besides being totally sexually explicit, the whole 'plot' (if you can call it that) for all 3 stories is completely and nauseatingly cheesy. I'm surprised I even made it through this entire book.
Colleen
Feb 03, 2009 Colleen rated it really liked it
This book is total fantasy, but it's a fun read! If you don't expect anything too serious, you should enjoy it (as long as you are a fan of this author's work - which is steamy!)
Ann Mulholland
Three short, hot stories about three brothers finding love and some steamy sex along the way. Very easy read, but left me wanting a little more
Celebrating A New Harlequin Showcase Release For Lucy Monroe 1 7 May 11, 2010 07:55AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 5 Feb 05, 2010 06:33AM
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • I Love Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Really Unusual Bad Boys
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...

Mercenary/Goddard Project (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Silver Bella
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • Willing
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7; Goddard Project, #2)
  • The Spy Who Wants Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #8; Goddard Project, #3)
  • Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #9; Goddard Project, #4)
  • Close Quarters (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #10; Goddard Project, #5)
  • Heatseeker (Goddard Project #6)