3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)

3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  764 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Rand - after tragedy struck six years ago, Rand buried what was left of his heart. But Phoebe Garrison isn't giving up, and she's got an enticing deal: the coveted deed to property his company needs in exchange for one hot week in her bed. It's an offer even the brooding Rand can't refuse. Now, as every hunger is explored, every secret revealed, Rand knows he'll need more...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Kensington

Jane Stewart
Two ok stories, one weak story.

1st and 2nd stories: 3 stars each. Sex scenes were good. Stories were just ok. They were not long enough to get into interesting character development or plot. The major conflict in the 2nd story was that he paid her money to marry him so she could feel independent. Then he worried whether she loved him or did it for the money. It was a little odd.

I did not like the 3rd story (2 stars).
CAUTION SPOILER:
Colton gets drunk, meets and marries a showgirl, remembers nothi...more
Kiru Taye
Ok. I have to say this. I'm still reading this book but it's like I can't get past page 78. Because it had a disjointed scene. I'm a very visual reader. My mind is a veritable cinematographic delight. So i get frustrated when i can't place characters in a scene. And that's what's happened in page 77/78 of this book. It is more frustrating because its a love scene.
In the book, the hero has just walked back into the hotel suite he's staying with the heroine. She's waiting for him as he arrives. A...more
thadine
Rand, Carter and Colton are three half-brothers with the same womanizing father. each of the brothers gets his own little story in this book. the problem with shorter stories, is that the author needs a lot more skill to give characters depth. Unfortunately, Monroe didn't really manage. The book isn't terrible, but the stories are saccharine and repetitive. These scenes were blah. They would have been all right if they weren't all in the same book, but when you get the stories one after another...more
Kathy
Sassá
Colton’s story/Um Anjo em Minha Vida - Gostei apesar de ser meio inacreditável, mas acho que da metade para o final deixou a desejar.
Adriana Fogaça
Rand
Frenesi De Paixão
Lucy Monroe
Sabrina 1365
2005

Ai, ai, ai... Rand é uma coisa de homem, estou apaixonada por ele.

Digamos um pouquinho sofrido, mas que homem maravilhoso...

Fiona que mulher de sorte, estou com vontade de agredi-la, sou contra violência, mas tenho vontade de agredi-la virtualmente. Se é que isso é possível.

Não importa, como ela ousa pensar em deixá-lo, isso jamais deveria passar pela cabeça dela, nem por brincadeira...

Que homem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leia e se apaixone também...

Devo e...more
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Apr 06, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of series romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
This was an OK trio of moderate romances told with a yawn. The redeeming qualities were the imaginative plots and the well-drawn characters. These characters have real issues, and I did not believe in the happily ever after endings because the issues had barely been addressed.

I don't know why Lucy Monroe can write a fairly explicit love scene mentioning body parts by name, but she cannot write a curse word. How about this:

"He said a not very nice word."

and this:

"...he erupted into cursing...."

Wo...more
Jenny Delandro
After I read the first story the second and third were almost exactly the same format

girl meets boy (circumstances change)
they have sex (circumstances change)
after some time they declare love for each other
they kiss
everyone lives happily ever after

The stories were a bit fluffy
that it my term for light airy reading (like holiday novels)

Three brothers - meet / bed / and keep three very different women.

I must admit that I will probably look out for the next book in this series .... although the sto...more
Mojca
If these three fellas are bad boys I'm the Queen of Sheba. Truly, the three half-brothers, offspring of one Hoyt Sloane, are lambs compared to some real bad boys of Romancelandia out there.
And their stories are living proof. Rather meek and quite uneventful, often boring, and not very entertaining. They certainly didn't pull me in.

This was a rather meh one-author anthology with average heroes and even more average heroines, seriously lacking in chemistry and even more in plot.

Disappointing.
Stacie
Feb 04, 2008 Stacie added it
This has three short stories in it by the same author. The stories follow three brothers as they fall in love under different circumstances. The first brother is afraid to give his heart because his wife and child died years ago. But he finds himself attracted to his brother's exfiancee. The second brother falls in love with a woman working for his company and offers her half a million dollars to marry him. The third brother meets a showgirl while drunk and marries her in Vegas.
Vicky S
This book came at exactly the right time. Not only is it the best of Lucy Monroe's work, in my opinion, but it was exactly what I needed: hunky men and true love. Doesn't it get any better? I've always found short fiction a challenge to undertake, where writing is concerned, and I find it very interesting to see how other people can pull it off, and in this collection, Monroe pulls it off big time. I loved every single one of these characters and was immediately sucked in. Loved it!
Just - The romance reader
This is the first, but will not be the last, Lucy Monroe book I have read.

Three Brides For Three Bad Boys is a collection of three novellas about half brothers who are bad boys that all turn out to be really good guys. The novellas are about the three totally hunky, hot brothers, Rand, Carter, and Colten, and their whirlwind romances.

A fast and racy read that will likely leave you wanting more of each of these bad boy brothers.
Trisha
Lucy Monroe did a excellent job of connecting these stories. It's not often that three short stories relate to each other but this is one of the rare times it does. Every character is well developed and very likable. I can't say much more without giving anything away and since I don't do spoilers. I'll just say that if you like to read about men that won't take no for a answer when it comes to his woman than you'll love this book.
Bonita
3 novellas that are just long enough. I enjoyed each story.
Val
Of the three stories, each one was worse than the previous. It was a disappointment. I couldn't finish reading the last story because it was so foolish. And their were too many scenes about intimacy, they lost there value. Not to mention all the intimacy scenes were pretty much described the same way. It became boring.
2 1/2 stars
Just a so-so read. I wouldn't call any of the "boys" bad...more like horny. There really wasn't any plot or character development. Not really a bad read, just not a good one, either...if you want something fluffy with sex, this one works. If you want substance, look someplace else.
Brenda (b)
Three half-brothers each trying to overcome past and avoid the mistakes of their father. I liked the first two stories (Rand's and Carter's) the best. The third didn't seem contain as much depth and felt almost like it was tacked on as an afterthought.
~Megan~
This book was not really what I was expecting....Goodreads made it seem like they were connected to her mercenary series, but these are straight romance with no suspense. The first two novellas were better than the last, which was completely unbelievable.
Vickie
The first story was a gripper, the second was luke warm but the third I read within 3 hours. Finished up the book and on to the next. Overall this was an okay book, not my usual paranormal fantasy type.
Emily
Oct 21, 2008 Emily rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
Besides being totally sexually explicit, the whole 'plot' (if you can call it that) for all 3 stories is completely and nauseatingly cheesy. I'm surprised I even made it through this entire book.
Colleen
This book is total fantasy, but it's a fun read! If you don't expect anything too serious, you should enjoy it (as long as you are a fan of this author's work - which is steamy!)
Ann Mulholland
Three short, hot stories about three brothers finding love and some steamy sex along the way. Very easy read, but left me wanting a little more
Maldivianbookreviewer
Three short stories with equally yummy heroes. I loved Rand's story the best though. Wish it could have been longer!
My review: http://bit.ly/bCdYmu
Angie
The stories were quick and a little bit campy, but they were sexy still. Wished they could have been a bit more developed, but I liked them.
Charlene
I bought this book because it was supposed to be related to the Goddard Project (?). It was OK, but I don't think it will be on my re-read shelf...
Christina North
This was a very sexy, witty romance. Or I should say three romances, as it was about Three brothers relationships. Very quick and entertaining read.
Felicia
This book was three short stories mainly made up of sex and marriage proposals. I could have used a little more plot, but it was still a good read.
Allison
Really enjoyed the book. Each story was different enough to be enjoyable and while they were all short; they were also satisfying.
Kathy Davie
Well, the boys aren't that bad...but the writing is nicely done. Good stories. My fav's the middle one. It's too funny.
T
Three novellas rolled into one book. Three half brothers find love. Nice fantasy read. Fast, lite and enjoyable!
Celebrating A New Harlequin Showcase Release For Lucy Monroe 1 7 May 11, 2010 07:55AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 5 Feb 05, 2010 06:33AM
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Star Quality
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • Surf's Up
  • Red Hot Santa
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or...more
More about Lucy Monroe...
Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1) Ready Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2) The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #4) Willing