Start by marking “Maybe Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Maybe Tomorrow

Maybe Tomorrow

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The other day this little one asked me, "When did you start being an Aborigine, and how old were you when you started that?" Like it was a career path or something. I just cracked up laughing.
Boori Pryor's career path has taken him from the Aboriginal fringe camps of his birth to the runway, the catwalk, the basketball court, the DJ console, and now to performance and stor...more
Published February 28th 1998 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Tomorrow

Bryce
Boori's story is told in a somewhat non-narrative manner through anecdotes and through discussion of a number of themes. He gives a thought provoking and emotionally poignant appeal for reconciliation, engagement and cooperation and backs this up with methods for this to be achieved. Despite all he has been through, he is never angry but is often funny.
Miffy
There should be more stories like this in the world. Monty Pryor's heart-breaking, uplifting, and funny recollections of his life - so far - will fill your heart and feed your soul. If you think that you know about 'the Aboriginal history' of Australia - think again. Monty brings an intensely personal point of view to the history of Australia, and at that same time manages to describe the universal experience of Aborigine's on this island both before and after the arrival of Europeans.
Written in...more
Emma - Mybookcorner
When I arrived in Australia three years ago I went straight to the library to learn more about the country I had landed in. The first book I walked away with was 'Maybe Tomorrow'.

I have since recommended it to friends, book clubs and now I recommend it to you. Many parts of it have stayed with me, and I hope that My Book Corner does it justice here.

Reading this book feels like Boori is talking to you - as a reader you gain a real sense of who he is and what he thinks - and this feels like a real...more
Benn Jamieson
Best book that I have read all year. Sensational insight into modern Indigenous Australia. I later met the author when he came to speak to my students at my school, and they loved him.
Aston Martin
A great autobiography which puts power and agency into the authors hands. Indigenous Australians have had their histories written by "academics", mainly the white anglo-saxon variety. Maybe Tomorrow sheds light on what life is like for many Indigenous Australians. A very sad, yet uplifting story that Maybe Tomorrow many more Indigenous Australians can share their stories too.
Carol
A book that has given me a lot to think about in terms of where I fit, what I can do and what I need to do. I love the work that he is doing in the schools with raising awareness of very real struggles and issues and helping to correct some misconceptions. A very honest book that had me laughing at his insight and stories and crying at the tragedies both current and past.
Franziska Crivelli
It was my first book, while my stay in Australia. This book is amazing, instructive, heartbreaking and much more!!!
It helped me to learn more about the aboriginal culture. It would be a great story for a movie!!!
Kim Wilson
This was a book I had to read for school, but it was a complete eye opener for me. I really liked his storytelling.
Cristy
An amazing book that opened my eyes and made me re-evaluate what I knew about my country.
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Tracy Box
Tracy Box marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Sione
Sione marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Lupss Dimaggio
Lupss Dimaggio marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Karla B
Karla B is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
Jachin
Jachin marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Gakcommondisease
Gakcommondisease marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Georgia Pauling
Georgia Pauling marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Emma Patane
Emma Patane marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shake a Leg Two Hollow Sticks, a Bunch of Leaves and Me Riding the Black Cockatoo My Girragundji The Binna Binna Man