Start by marking “Christianity Explored Youth Edition Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Christianity Explored ...

Barry Cooper

Christianity Explored Youth Edition Study Guide

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Christianity Explored: Youth Edition is a seven-week journey into Mark's Gospel for young people. All seven weeks are designed to bring young people to a clear understanding of the Gospel with the aid of specially written talks, Bible studies, games and activities.

Christianity Explored: Youth Edition uses Mark's Gospel like the original Christianity Explored and features

Published (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Christianity Explored Youth Edition Study Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christianity Explored Youth Edition Study Guide

Philip
Overall, a very concise, focused, but still enjoyable introduction to the basics of Christianity.

There are a couple of things I took issue with. One was the description of our relationship with God as "intimate" and like a father-son relationship. This is a common misunderstanding (our relationship with God is less father-son, more king-servant), which comes about by taking the New Testament out of its first century AD Mediterranean context and putting it in a modern context. See this website fo...more
Matt Chapman
Essentially a slightly expanded book version of the CE video course. An excellent introduction to Christianity that would make a great gift for someone interested in exploring the gospel, whether they've attended the course or not.
Iain Hamill
Great course, well updated with engaging and relevant videos.

We used this at church in place of an evening service for a few months before Christmas and found it to be a great refresher as well as an effective evangelistic tool.

At times the study guide could use some more commentary on Mark but as an introductory course the detail has perhaps wisely been left to Discipleship Explored.
Joseph
You mean, what DO I think? I think it's extremely helpful, and a great way to introduce Christianity to unbelievers. It does this through a seven week study of the book of Mark. Participants are encouraged to bring their questions. I'm reading the Leader's Guide so I can help lead a class. So far, I'm really enjoying it. NOTE: I did go through a Sunday School class at church and now I'm just reviewing and reading the parts I missed.
Ian
Great overview of the message proclaimed in the gospel of Mark and the revelation of who Jesus is. Rico Tice's outline of what Jesus came to Earth for and why one can have certainty through faith in Jesus' resurrection are straight to the point. With its humorous style Christianity Explored is a quick entertaining, insightful and helpful read.
Daniel Wright
Rico Tice is one of the most engaging speakers I have ever heard. Although he is not quite so engaging a writer, his informal, talkative style should be able to win over anyone to is friendliness, if not to what he is proposing. The book is a series of studies through Mark's gospel, aimed at the non-believer.
Craig Forrester
Christianity Explored is a concise, plain-English overview of what Christianity is using the gospel of Mark. Of particular interest were Rico's explanations of the differing reactions to who Jesus is. This is the question we all face: Is Jesus a liar, a lunatic, or Lord over everything -- including your life?
Zen Cho
It was most entertaining seeing other people's reactions when they saw the title of this book. They made these faces like they'd just eaten something unpleasant but thought I might be the cook.
Thomas
An easy read and a great book that explains what it means to be a Christian.
Mar
Mar is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
Rachel Walters
Rachel Walters marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 06, 2014
Barry
Jan 03, 2014 Barry added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013