Start by marking “Oregon! (Wagons West, #4)” as Want to Read:
Oregon! (Wagons West, #4)

Oregon! (Wagons West #4)

Valor and devotion ride side by side with intrigue and bitter rivalry. Wagon master, Whip Holt, is desired by two womenhis wife and Cathy van Ayl Blake, who is married to the supreme commander of the American forces in the Oregon Territory. ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published October 1st 1983 by Domain (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Oregon!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oregon!

Robin
Sep 05, 2011 Robin rated it really liked it
So far my favorite book in the series, and I liked it so much that I'm now eager to get to the next book. It was a little slow going at first, but once the wagon train actually reached Oregon and began to stake their claims and interact with the British settlement across the river, it picked up very quickly. There are many characters, but as the books go along their personalities seem to be evolving more and they're becoming more memorable, which makes me more vested in them. Whip Holt is still ...more
David A. Carey
Mar 31, 2015 David A. Carey rated it it was amazing
Excellent historical read. The wagon train has finally reached Oregon and this book covers the building of the settlement and arival of the second wagon train. Also covers the problems with the British and Russians.
The next book in the series is titled "Texas" so I am unsure what it will be about.
Gene Heinrich
Jan 07, 2017 Gene Heinrich rated it liked it
Well, I finished another "quest" series this week (actually, this is only the main quest, but the series goes on for over 20 books - which I most likely will NOT read). The wagon train finally reached Oregon. This series of 4 books was fun and quick. Though basically a historical soap opera, I learn things about the first wagon train from New York to Oregon, and all the politics involved with settlers claiming the land. These books were great purge books between Dark Tower books... so, now off t ...more
Virginia Markhart
Apr 08, 2014 Virginia Markhart rated it liked it
4th book in the Wagons West series. The pioneers have finally reached Oregon after spending the winter in Wyoming. They build homes and plant crops. Some are ranchers, farmers, ship builders, blacksmiths. Lots of trades going on. The English commander is opposed to the settlers and causes some problems.

This book find Lee and Cathy Blake living in the army fort where Lee is the Commander. Whip and Eulalia Holt have settled on a ranch. Dr. Martin and Toni operate a small hospital. Ted Woods marrie
Connie
Jun 29, 2009 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It amazes me how fast these folks are getting married. Oh, she looks at him and smiles then in the next chapter they are hitched!

I really did enjoy Oregon! It had more action and twists than the previous novels. And all the competition over Oregon was very interesting, the british, russians and americans all trying to settle and stake their claims.

Eulalia has always been annoying, I am hoping that now that she & Whip have worked out their problems she will stop being such a pain.
Becky Mann
Sandy
Aug 09, 2013 Sandy rated it it was ok
Audiobook: Boring. I really had to push myself to finish this one. Lots and lots of characters, after a while I didn't even try to remember who they were. Lots of politics going on while trying to claim the Oregon land. I hate politics, not too different then than it is now, corruption and conniving and power struggles. I think I will wait a while before starting the next one in the series.
Harry
Sep 14, 2014 Harry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Nice piece of Historical Fiction centering on the first large group of over 500 people traveling to and settling of the Pacific North West in 1839. I anticipated tales of struggling with Mother Nature and Native Americans but I also learned of the mutual land claims of the Territory by the British and Russians.
Mgsmith
Dec 20, 2007 Mgsmith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of American Historic fiction
May sound somewhat repetitive here but I got hooked on the first book and it was like an addiction.
The author shows how the westward movement affected families and individuals while placing them within history itself.
Debbie West
May 20, 2015 Debbie West rated it it was amazing
Great book by great author! so far every boom in this series has been filled with factual, as well as fictional and exciting events. I can never wait to get to the next book! Danger, excitement, humor and sadness..all rolled into great plots as America expands its frontier in the 1800's!
Barbara
This series gets more interesting all the time. I thought I'd read one or two before switching to something else, and later come back to this series. But I can't stop!
Betty
Apr 07, 2013 Betty rated it liked it
An interesting an informative story about the Russian, British and American claim to the Oregon territory. Enjoyed the audio book.
Barbara
Jun 09, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: historic-fiction
great!
Barb Ashby
Jun 11, 2016 Barb Ashby rated it really liked it
Yay! They got to Oregon! Like I said in the reviews of the other books in this series, I like the history and how people lived but not the romances. Still a good historical read.
Billye
Oct 21, 2013 Billye rated it really liked it
Very good- The 1st wagon train going west is only a few months from Oregon. This is a wonderful series and would be good for the girls to read to learn history of our wagon trains settling the west.
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Penelope Smith
Penelope Smith rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Bob
Bob rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Julied
Julied rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Evgenia
Evgenia rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Ida M
Ida M rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Aaron
Aaron rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2008
David
David rated it really liked it
May 20, 2009
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2016
Partridge Public
Dec 04, 2007 Partridge Public added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ros West PB
Shelves: western
Ross, Dana Fuller PB
  • Riding for the Brand
  • White Indian (White Indian, #1)
  • Destry Rides Again
  • Let it Ride (Pickup Men, #2)
  • Showdown At Yellow Butte
Dana Fuller Ross is a pseudonym used by Noel B. Gerson and James M. Reasoner.

Noel Gearson specializes in historical military novels, westerns, and mysteries. He also writes under the pseudonyms, "Dana Fuller Ross.", Anne Marie Burgess; Michael Burgess; Nicholas Gorham; Paul Lewis; Leon Phillips; Donald Clayton Porter; Philip Vail; and Carter A. Vaughan. He has written more than 325 novels.

James R
More about Dana Fuller Ross...

Wagons West (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Independence! (Wagons West, #1)
  • Nebraska! (Wagons West, #2)
  • Wyoming! (Wagons West, #3)
  • Texas! (Wagons West, #5)
  • California! (Wagons West, #6)
  • Colorado! (Wagons West, #7)
  • Nevada! (Wagons West, #8)
  • Washington! (Wagons West, #9)
  • Montana! (Wagons West, #10)
  • Dakota! (Wagons West, #11)