Start by marking “Washington! (Wagons West, #9)” as Want to Read:
Washington! (Wagons West, #9)

Washington! (Wagons West #9)

They were enticed by promises of fabulous wealth, but their dreams were often shattered by fate and lawless violence. Some were brave, lusty men who felled the giant trees of virgin forests. Others were lonely, brutal men who wanted their women the way they wanted their land: possessions to conquer and tame. Washington! The tattered union flag flies high over America as ...more
Published September 1st 1982 by Bantam Books (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Washington!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Washington!

Elizabeth
I really liked this book :)
Enter stage left Toby Holt.
I honestly wanted Toby and Beth Blake to get together. But with Rob, I don't mind him, it doesn't feel the same. And I like Clarissa, but to me it just doesn't feel the same.
And do I approve of General Blake and Eulalia? I feel like even though we grew attached to Cathy Blake and Whip Holt, I feel like Lee and Eulalia should go for it.
I really liked this book, and I can't wait to read the next!
Virginia Markhart
Jun 18, 2015 Virginia Markhart rated it liked it
More of the same Wagons West series. Don't know if I will make it through the entire set. It is interesting but very predictible. In this book our here Toby Holt and his partner Rob Martin more to Tumwater Washington to begin their logging company careers. They get sidetracked by the governor who wants them to survey the area for the proposed railroad line, so of course, they do that. They also have to deal with a town bully who creates havoc.
Edward Creter
RAIDERS OF LITTLE HOUSE!!! Toby Holt goes on a dangerous mission to free the Washington logging community of Tumwater from the influences of greedy land baron and general nuisance Tom Harrison. It soon gets personal when Harrison kidnaps a 5-year-old girl. Soap opera-ish at times but a lotta fun.
Mgsmith
Dec 20, 2007 Mgsmith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of American History fiction
May sound somewhat repetitive here but I got hooked on the first book and it was like an addiction.
The author shows how the westward movement affected families and individuals while placing them within history itself.
Connie
Jul 19, 2010 Connie rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoyed this one better than the last, and glad I will no longer have to hear about Whip's arthritis. This is the last one of these that I own. However they are available at the library so I may continue on, but a series of 24 is seriously too long.
Susan
Jul 02, 2009 Susan rated it it was ok
Not a great book by any stretch of the imagination, but it's always fun when the setting is where you are!
Debbie West
Jul 06, 2015 Debbie West rated it it was amazing
Great story as all of the books in this series have been. you'd never know that more than one author was involved in writing all the books! I can't wait to read the next book.
Billye
Jan 20, 2014 Billye rated it really liked it
Excellent- the 3 Indian nations- band together to fight the settlers and the army. A wonderful series on life on the frontier and the settling of the West.
Molly
Jan 05, 2013 Molly rated it it was amazing
If this is the one where two 'main' characters died....I cried! And if it's also the one where two moms try to push their children together....it never works, Mom....just let Nature take its course?
Cailyn
Cailyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Linda Slayton
Linda Slayton rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2010
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Theresar16
Theresar16 rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Dave Liddell
Dave Liddell rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Stephanie Detwiler
Stephanie Detwiler rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
May 03, 2011
Sherry Swindle
Sherry Swindle rated it it was ok
May 05, 2015
Therese
Therese rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Lisa Wakefield
Lisa Wakefield rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Carol Lynn
Carol Lynn rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Brian Gould
Brian Gould rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2008
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Gemetrice Taylor
Gemetrice Taylor rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
  • Valley of the Sun
  • By Force of Arms (Isaac Biddlecomb, #1)
  • A King's Commander (Alan Lewrie, #7)
  • H.M.S. Saracen
  • Destry Rides Again
  • Showdown At Yellow Butte
  • The Poacher's Daughter
American author Noel B. Gerson specializes in historical military novels, westerns, and mysteries. He also writes under the pseudonyms, "Dana Fuller Ross.", Anne Marie Burgess; Michael Burgess; Nicholas Gorham; Paul Lewis; Leon Phillips; Donald Clayton Porter; Philip Vail; and Carter A. Vaughan. He has written more than 325 novels.

He was the son of Sam Gerson, who directed the Shubert theaters in
More about Dana Fuller Ross...

Wagons West (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Independence! (Wagons West, #1)
  • Nebraska! (Wagons West, #2)
  • Wyoming! (Wagons West, #3)
  • Oregon! (Wagons West, #4)
  • Texas! (Wagons West, #5)
  • California! (Wagons West, #6)
  • Colorado! (Wagons West, #7)
  • Nevada! (Wagons West, #8)
  • Montana! (Wagons West, #10)
  • Dakota! (Wagons West, #11)