I Know a Lot of Things

I Know a Lot of Things

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This reissue of the childhood classic I Know a Lot of Things is a celebration of all the new and intriguing knowledge children delight in possessing. Written from the simplicity of a child's perspective, the plain-but-powerful text voices important childhood knowledge such as "I know when I look in the mirror, what I see is me" and that "dogs go bowwow and that is how they...more
Published March 4th 2009 by Chronicle Books

Ginna
Jul 22, 2013 Ginna added it
Shelves: language
Awesome book!
I would assign a theme -I Know a Lot of Things....about punctuation - for example. And I would make little booklets for the students to write a book about what they know about punctuation. You could tell them to use two pages for each punctuation mark; left side for a picture, and the right side page for the writing.

Jess Brown
Basically, this book is about "knowing" things and realizing that despite knowing a lot, as we grow, we come to know even more. I'd say the level of things range from what a toddler knows to what an early elementary child would know, but the overall interest level probably best suits a preschooler. Wasn't blown away by this one.
Jay Bushara
Of houses made of bricks and glass, and cakes that take "ages to bake," which sure seems like a pretty good place to start. Still, it's the tip of a very big iceberg, and that is the most important thing to know of all. Simple and wise, with very basic paintings, and lots of white space in between.
Ami
Mar 13, 2012 Ami rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Better prose & better art than Sparkle and Spin, but nothing mindblowing. Collage-style, bold colors. Eh.
Emmy
simple story, great design elements.
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Lynna
Lynna marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Natalya
Natalya marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Just In
Just In marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jane
Jane added it
Apr 01, 2014
Zoe
Zoe added it
Mar 22, 2014
Bunnyjadwiga
Bunnyjadwiga marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Teresa
Teresa added it
Oct 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sparkle and Spin: A Book About Words Little 1 So Small Anthem Umbrellas, Hats and Wheels