Start by marking “Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)

Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium #2)

3.52  ·  Rating Details ·  1,107 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Three princesses bestowed with the awesome powers of trillium talismans…

It is now twelve years since the events recounted in Black Trillium. Haramis has devoted herself to the study of magic and science; Anigel and her loyal husband, King Atar, govern their provinces with affection, seeking always to teach and see the right side of life; Kadiya has not changed—she's still

Mass Market Paperback, 450 pages
Published June 1st 1993 by Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Company Inc. (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Trillium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Trillium

Weaverannie
Sep 16, 2013 Weaverannie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dutch, fantasy
Fantasy is een genre, waarvoor je in de stemming moet zijn. Dat ben ik niet altijd en ik lees het dan ook niet vaak. De Rode Trillium was ook een van de afgeschreven boeken van de bibliotheek, die al heel lang op de te lezen boeken stapel lag. Ik nam het mee toen we op vakantie gingen, en ook daar belandde het onder op de stapel.

Thuisgekomen besloot ik het nu toch eindelijk te gaan lezen.

Steeds vaker pakte ik het boek op, na een wat moeilijk begin. Ik had niet begrepen, dat het het tweede boek
Anastasia
Jan 22, 2016 Anastasia rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 1940-1999, owned
As with the first novel in the series (Black Trillium), I originally read this back when I was young and loved it. On a visit at an older age, it does not hold up to my memory.

A lot of my complaints are similar to the other novel: the characters are one-dimensional and at times idiotic, there isn't any real tension in the plot, and character "development" happens seemingly at random to meet the needs of the plot and not because of any actual growth. The introduction of children as prominent char
Claire
Jun 29, 2014 Claire rated it did not like it
In the past, I LOVED world-builders. However, I have changed.

Purportedly, I have the patience of a saint. However, this proved that assertion wrong.

If I had read this ten years ago, it would have pleased me. However, I have changed.

The lesson gleaned from this: people change. Yet not in every aspect. While I LOVE reading, socio-economic factors have rendered full enjoyment of Julian May very difficult.
Ria
Sep 19, 2013 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The three princesses, Anigel, Kadiya and Haramis face a new threat in the form of a marooned sorcerer that has been rescued.
Is he just a minor magician or is he the fabled Orogastus whom they fought twelve years before? Has he been resurrected and returned stronger than ever looking for revenge?
All the princesses know for sure is that Kadiya has lost her talisman and the world is in an uproar with freak storms and weather assaulting the lands.
The sisters need to work together to fully make the
Rob Carr
Sep 12, 2015 Rob Carr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was better written than Black Trillium the first in the series. It seemed to me from the ending of Black Trillium Orogustus surviving did not really make a lot of sense though which did annoy me even though there was an explanation. On to the third in the series next!
Tracy
Oct 08, 2012 Tracy rated it it was ok
Thought this would be an interesting sequel to Black Trillium, but was disappointed. Anigel has become Queen of Ruwenda with Khadiya and Haramis serving her as advisors, Haramis in magic as the archmage, Khadiya as the liaison to the Oddlings, the original race of this world. Another dastardly sorceror disrupts the peace and kidnaps Anigel's children, and her sisters try to get them back.

Julian May was the author, and parts of it were twee in a British way, especially concerning the children, wh
Jorge
Jul 05, 2016 Jorge marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Registrei um livro no BookCrossing.com!
Norman Howe
May 22, 2015 Norman Howe rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This sereis was unique in being written by three different authors. It worked"," so others are doing it now.
Sharon
Apr 25, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Volume 2 of the series.
Debbie
Jul 19, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Book 2 in the Saga of the Trillium (a collaboration between Marion Zimmer Bradley, Andre Norton, and Julian May). This one is by Julian May.

The action picks up 12 years after the three sisters saved their kingdom. Anigel is queen, Kadiya serves as a link between the humans and the folk, and Haramis is the Archmage.

Once again, a threat to the security of the kingdom emerges, and each princess has a unique role to play.
Theresa
Jan 07, 2014 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
the second story after the blood trillium, where we follow one of the three sisters in her life after the adventures and how she changes her life and world.
Morghan
May 16, 2008 Morghan rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this as well. I still have yet to fininsh the series.
Michelle
Apr 01, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
2nd in in World of 3 moons
Collin Reremoana
Jan 30, 2009 Collin Reremoana rated it really liked it
A GREAT READ
Tristin
Tristin marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Cristina Nunes
Cristina Nunes rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Charles
Charles rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Kathie
Kathie rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Wendy Lin
Wendy Lin rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Viv Smythe
Viv Smythe rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Wendy Wardle
Wendy Wardle marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Ariane
Ariane added it
Sep 07, 2016
Eugenia
Eugenia rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2016
Sandra McNelis
Sandra McNelis rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Craig Pinson
Craig Pinson rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Gene
Gene marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Combining books 3 21 Aug 01, 2015 04:44AM
  • Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • Mother of Kings
  • Gli ultimi incantesimi
  • The Northern Girl (Chronicles of Tornor, #3)
  • Nothing Sacred
  • Wheelers
  • Chaos Mode (Mode, #3)
  • The Rainbow Abyss (Sun-Cross, #1)
  • Carnivores of Light and Darkness (Journeys of the Catechist, #1)
  • The Lost Swords: Endgame
  • Strange Toys
  • Snare
  • Dragon Rigger (Star Rigger, #3)
  • Dark Magic (The Godwars, #2)
  • La leggenda di Earthsea
Pseudonym Ian Thorne, J.C. May, Lee N. Falconer.
More about Julian May...

The Saga of the Trillium (5 books)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • Sky Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #5)