Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)

Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  812 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Three princesses bestowed with the awesome powers of trillium talismans…

It is now twelve years since the events recounted in Black Trillium. Haramis has devoted herself to the study of magic and science; Anigel and her loyal husband, King Atar, govern their provinces with affection, seeking always to teach and see the right side of life; Kadiya has not changed—she's still

Mass Market Paperback, 450 pages
Published June 1st 1993 by Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Company Inc. (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Trillium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Trillium

Weaverannie
Fantasy is een genre, waarvoor je in de stemming moet zijn. Dat ben ik niet altijd en ik lees het dan ook niet vaak. De Rode Trillium was ook een van de afgeschreven boeken van de bibliotheek, die al heel lang op de te lezen boeken stapel lag. Ik nam het mee toen we op vakantie gingen, en ook daar belandde het onder op de stapel.

Thuisgekomen besloot ik het nu toch eindelijk te gaan lezen.

Steeds vaker pakte ik het boek op, na een wat moeilijk begin. Ik had niet begrepen, dat het het tweede boek...more
Claire
In the past, I LOVED world-builders. However, I have changed.

Purportedly, I have the patience of a saint. However, this proved that assertion wrong.

If I had read this ten years ago, it would have pleased me. However, I have changed.

The lesson gleaned from this: people change. Yet not in every aspect. While I LOVE reading, socio-economic factors have rendered full enjoyment of Julian May very difficult.
Ria
The three princesses, Anigel, Kadiya and Haramis face a new threat in the form of a marooned sorcerer that has been rescued.
Is he just a minor magician or is he the fabled Orogastus whom they fought twelve years before? Has he been resurrected and returned stronger than ever looking for revenge?
All the princesses know for sure is that Kadiya has lost her talisman and the world is in an uproar with freak storms and weather assaulting the lands.
The sisters need to work together to fully make the...more
Tracy
Thought this would be an interesting sequel to Black Trillium, but was disappointed. Anigel has become Queen of Ruwenda with Khadiya and Haramis serving her as advisors, Haramis in magic as the archmage, Khadiya as the liaison to the Oddlings, the original race of this world. Another dastardly sorceror disrupts the peace and kidnaps Anigel's children, and her sisters try to get them back.

Julian May was the author, and parts of it were twee in a British way, especially concerning the children, wh...more
Sharon Geisen
Volume 2 of the series.
Debbie
Book 2 in the Saga of the Trillium (a collaboration between Marion Zimmer Bradley, Andre Norton, and Julian May). This one is by Julian May.

The action picks up 12 years after the three sisters saved their kingdom. Anigel is queen, Kadiya serves as a link between the humans and the folk, and Haramis is the Archmage.

Once again, a threat to the security of the kingdom emerges, and each princess has a unique role to play.
Theresa
the second story after the blood trillium, where we follow one of the three sisters in her life after the adventures and how she changes her life and world.
Morghan
I enjoyed this as well. I still have yet to fininsh the series.
Michelle
2nd in in World of 3 moons
Giulia
Giulia added it
Sep 09, 2014
Ceri
Ceri marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Janneke Vermeeren
Janneke Vermeeren marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Simona
Simona marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Robert Stepien
Robert Stepien marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Yumiyahachiman
Yumiyahachiman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Erika Odom
Erika Odom marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Miana
Miana added it
Aug 20, 2014
  • Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • The Northern Girl (Chronicles of Tornor, #3)
  • Rogue Star (Firestar, #2)
  • The Rainbow Abyss (Sun-Cross, #1)
  • Carnivores of Light and Darkness (Journeys of the Catechist, #1)
  • The Stars are Also Fire (Harvest of Stars, #2)
  • The Magic Goes Away
  • The Void Captain's Tale
  • Mistress of the Pearl (The Pearl Saga, #3)
Pseudonym Ian Thorne, J.C. May, Lee N. Falconer.
More about Julian May...
The Many-Coloured Land (Saga of Pliocene Exile, #1) The Golden Torc (Saga of the Pliocene Exile, #2) The Adversary (Saga of Pliocene Exile, #4) The Nonborn King (Saga of the Pliocene Exile, #3) Jack the Bodiless