Start by marking “The Path of Prosperity” as Want to Read:
The Path of Prosperity

The Path of Prosperity

James Allen was one of the forefathers of the power of positive thinking. In this book you will learn how to change your life through the way you think. This book will guide you to an understanding of how to find peace and prosperity by changing your attitudes and reactions to life's challenges. "By your own thoughts you make or mar your life, your world, your universe. As ...more
Published March 21st 2007 by Wilder Publications (first published September 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Path of Prosperity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path of Prosperity

Mariam
Aristotle said "The hardest victory is the victory over self," but it is a victory that enables you to win in all aspects of life. In The Path to Prosperity, James Allen underscores this concept, noting that a disciplined mind and a focus on serving others are basic to the achievement of any prosperity. Thus, prosperity is always personal, resting squarely on the degree to which you have refined and bettered yourself. In a nutshell, you'll only become truly prosperous when you have disciplined y ...more
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Once I read "As a Man Thinketh," I went out and searched for every James Allen book that I could find! All of his books are so powerful in meaning, and will help everyone who reads them gain wisdom.
Inda Liza
Oct 27, 2011 Inda Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how it all started, I think it was when I was seven in my grandpa's library (or as my grandma calls it, the dungeon), but somehow, some day, I got addicted to the self help genre, and being that Allen is a pioneer of these feel moochie and warm inside "As a Man Thinketh" types books, I liked it. In it he goes from prose to poetry trying to explain his spiritual philosophy, which lays in the psychological realms. Great inspirational read for one of those days.
Mahima
Jun 09, 2010 Mahima rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009
It's the kind of book I would recommend to every friend of mine for the wisdom it has to offer is priceless and worth musing over. I am eager to read more works of James Allen!
Desiree Finkbeiner
Jul 30, 2013 Desiree Finkbeiner rated it it was amazing
I wish everyone would read this and quit complaining about their self-created circumstances. Then perhaps they'd figure out how to free themselves from the bondage of their own thoughts.
Shawn Freeman
Feb 21, 2011 Shawn Freeman rated it it was amazing
I must say this book was mind blowing
Kirtida Gautam
Jan 15, 2016 Kirtida Gautam rated it it was amazing
Today while reading the book "The Path to Prosperity" by James Allen, I felt that Allen was whispering close to my ears, "I wrote this book for you."
This is why I love books. This is why I chose to be a writer. The people who never walked next to each other can also spook in each other's minds thanks to the written words!
Katie Q
Mar 28, 2011 Katie Q rated it liked it
This is not too bad a book but for most you will find there are easier to read books that say the same thing. Don't discount it completely, it is worthing giving it a go.
Pinkjuicy82
Jan 12, 2017 Pinkjuicy82 rated it it was ok
My least favorite James Allen book. Talking about sacrifice and being self-less. How can you help others unless you help yourself first? You CAN'T. You don't want the blind leading the blind. I sure as heck wouldn't want someone who can barely take care of themselves helping me.
Gregg Bell
Sep 01, 2015 Gregg Bell rated it it was amazing
Okay, The Path of Prosperity, another Power of Positive Thinking, right? Next.

Hey, James Allen is great! Great!

About six months ago I read Allen's As A Man Thinketh, and I was mesmerized. But I thought that was it. Then I discovered The Path of Prosperity. (All of Allen's books are in the public domain and free. And many of his books are available free as audiobooks. Go to: https://librivox.org/the-path-of-pros... )

I've listened to the book twice straight through and lately I've been listening t
Pamela
Aug 06, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enlightened-mind
I love this book. I have most of the book highlighted because there are so many quotes I like to go back and read over & over again.

I was challenged to find themes in this book as I read. Here's a few that I found: self-government, power of thought, power over circumstances, improving your inner life improves your outer life, make the best of what you have, rise above your situation, conquer bad thoughts/self-control, virtue, service/unselfishness, work, replacing anxiety with calmness, hap
Doretha
Dec 12, 2013 Doretha rated it it was amazing
This book is genius. You won't need to read another self help book if you apply the principles in this book. " It is granted only to the heart that abounds with integrity, trust, generosity and love to realize true prosperity. The heart that is not possessed of these qualities cannot know prosperity, for prosperity, like happiness, is not an outward possession, but an inward realization" -James Allen.
Mozhi Arasu
Aug 20, 2014 Mozhi Arasu rated it it was amazing
An awesome book, everyone should read, It will help to get the happiness which is a long lasting one. Love, faith, Hard work, Good thoughts, selflessness, Knowledge leads to happiness, whilst anger, hates, selfishness, laziness, leads to sorrow. If you have the latter one then, it is because of the ignorance.
Blame nobody but yourself. Then come out of you and find the cause and effect. Try to learn from the mistake to find peace and happiness
Elizabeth Olson
Allen, best known as the author of "As a Man Thinketh", offers advice on achieving spiritual and material prosperity. His language -- and his lapses into poetry -- are a bit out of date, but his ideas are both sound and encouraging. I don't find it strong enough to serve as a principal text, but it deserves a place as a complement to other books on the subject.
D. Williams
Dec 27, 2015 D. Williams rated it really liked it
Awesome! James Allen makes the pursuit of prosperity very literal in nature with detailed breakdowns of what prosperity actually is, how we can obtain it and how we often miss it.

I love that this perspective-altering book is a "quick" read! (I say it in quotes marks because it still took me a while to start and finish. Very happy that I did!)
Pradeep Badatiya
Feb 26, 2014 Pradeep Badatiya rated it it was amazing
Achieving real prosperity is not all about money, but includes all areas of life. The author rightly proved that "I dreamed of writing a book which should help men and women, whether rich of poor, learned or unlearned, worldly or unworldly, to find within themselves the source of all success, all happiness, all accomplishment, all truth... and now I send it forth into the world on its mission."
Domingos Novela
May 11, 2016 Domingos Novela rated it did not like it
Hum... não sei se é porque andei a ler muito material de desenvolvimento pessoal, simplesmente achei este livro muito "normal". Não tem assim nada de novo. É muito similar a doutrina do Cristianismo. Resumindo... é fraquinho.
Juan
Jul 03, 2013 Juan rated it really liked it
After reading this book I realize where New Age gurus get their material from, as I am sure James Allen did from someone else, like Plato. This book might seem outdated, but if you let it, your inner guidance and intuition will clarify it to you.
Emerson John Tiu Ng
...A very nice book to read to find the true path for prosperity... "Your true wealth is your stock of virtue, and your true power the uses to which you put it."...love, purity, gentleness, meekness, compassion, generosity, self-forgetfulness, and self-renunciation,- all these are wealth and
power.
Soul Rocker
Dec 07, 2014 Soul Rocker rated it it was amazing
It's an absorbing read. Makes you scratch your brain and think! and convinces you thoroughly that - it's you and only you. Everything begins and ends at you. A must read to all who care to explore the inside. Cheers. Peace.
Marilyn
Aug 05, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it
I love the wisdom in this book. James Allen takes timeless principles such as the law of the harvest and digs deep and wide to show the implications of our everyday thoughts, actions and intentions. I'll be reading this again to better digest and ponder applications for me.
Rick Allen
Allen was very heavily influenced by popular philosophies of his day that for me as a moderate realist simply do not hold up. None the less, I was able, as a wise pastor once taught me, to eat the chicken and throw away the bones.
P11arkad
P11arkad rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Ekkehard
Ekkehard rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Nayif Al-mas'hali al-kathiri
Nayif Al-mas'hali al-kathiri rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Celine Askevold
Celine Askevold rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
D
D rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Jack
Jack rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Michael Moreno
Michael Moreno rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Julie Stevanja
Julie Stevanja rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2008
  • The Book of Understanding: Creating Your Own Path to Freedom
  • Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World
  • Radical Self-Forgiveness: The Direct Path to True Self-Acceptance
  • The Dalai Lama: His Essential Wisdom
  • The Life Model: Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You, The Essentials Of Christian Living
  • The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self
  • The Creative Process in the Individual
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • Cut to the Chase: and 99 Other Rules to Liberate Yourself and Gain Back the Gift of Time
  • Walking with Grandfather
  • Creative Mind and Success (Dover Empower Your Life)
  • The Ultimate Happiness Prescription: 7 Keys to Joy and Enlightenment
  • Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within
  • What I Believe
The James Allen Free Library

Allen was 15 when his father, a businessman, was robbed and murdered. He left school to work full-time in several British manufacturing firms to help support the family. He later married Lily L. Allen and became an executive secretary for a large company. At age 38, inspired by the writings of Leo Tolstoy, he retired from employment. Allen — along with his wife and thei
More about James Allen...

“By earnest self-examination strive to realize, and not merely hold as a theory, that evil is a passing phase, a self-created shadow; that all your pains, sorrows and misfortunes have come to you by a process of undeviating and absolutely perfect law; have come to you because you deserve and require them, and that by first enduring, and then understanding them, you may be made stronger, wiser, nobler.” 1 likes
“What you are, so is your world.” 0 likes