Start by marking “Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)” as Want to Read:
Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)

Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  620 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Candace Steele is as tough as she is alluring. For her, killing vampires isn't just a job-it's personal: She's still haunted by erotic memories of an all-consuming affair with Ash, a seductive vampire who thrilled her-and then nearly destroyed her. Now, working undercover in a Las Vegas casino, she seduces the most powerful undead-right befor
Published October 31st 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Passionate Thirst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passionate Thirst

Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyDog Days of Summer by P.J. FialaSex in the Title by Zack LovePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenIf I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones
Favorite Romance Books
415th out of 562 books — 166 voters
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningVampire Academy by Richelle MeadGlass Houses by Rachel CaineBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Best Paramormal Series Introduction
23rd out of 25 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

I bought all three books at once and am reading them in one huge orgy. This one was a good start - introduced the characters while giving us plenty of action *ahem* of both types (some HOT love scenes in here!). Candace Steele was heavily involved with Ash, a vampire, until she panicked during his attempt to change her over and almost died. Now she can sense vampires and uses this ability to hunt the high level vampires who use humans. Ironically, one of her contacts is a vampire whom she came a ...more
had high hopes for this first book in the Candice Steele trilogy and the premise seemed to catch my eye. After getting 50 pages into this book I began to roll my eyes. I really don't understand how this book got published. Candice and her vampire lover Ash could have been compared to Buffy and Angel but there was no spark. The love scenes are very tepid and the writing is very juvenile and overall confusing.
The story is set in Las Vegas but the author does not give us enough detail to even mak
Tally Song
Feb 24, 2011 Tally Song rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tally by: on a paranormal whim
As a lover of all things vampire, especially as a series, I was really having good feelings about this book after reading the back cover. The book started out great but lost my interest after the initial lovers conflict arose. I felt that the struggle between the two lovers lacked fire. For me the book and characters were cliche' and completely predictable. That is the last time I will buy all the books that are currently in a series on a whim anticipating the, "gotta-read-the-next-book-NOW" fee ...more
Jessica Uzzo
I finished this book and was left wanting...not in a good way. For a decent portion of the book the hero is painted as the bad guy vampire, which I'm okay with. The you find out the reason the heroine got her knickers in a bunch is that SHE asked him to turn her then flipped out more than halfway through. So now i'm not sure who to like. The hero who was more hot and cold than the Katy Perry song? Or the heroine who narrative portrayed him as some maniac who attacked her out of the blue? Anywho ...more
Intrigued by Romance
This story is so well written, that I could actually picture what was happening. Cameron Dean is a wonderfully talented author. I was held captive by the characters and the story itself.
The connection between Candace and Ash is totally awesome. That type of erotic romance is sinful. I fell in love with Ash! His character is so moving that it is scary. His love for Candace is eternal, and he proves it time and time again. It doesn't matter how many times Candace tells him to leave, he still loves
Passionate Thirst was OK. Even though I thought Candace and Ash made a good couple, the reason for not wanting to change didn't ring true. She knew what he was and went into it with her eyes open. Without giving anything away, I felt the mystery aspect was a bit contrived and I wished the author gave a more plausible reason for what was happening. It wasn't a total loss though because I want to read the next book.
I enjoy Vampire movies and t.v. shows- I am a "True Blood" fanatic! However, this was the first contemporary Vampire novel I've read and I am now a HUGE fan. Set in Las Vegas, Ms. Dean really puts you right in the thick of things with her scenes, dialogue and everything in between. Great read!!!
Love is very danger, as i have learned in reading these kinds of books. But i have also learned from them that love conquers all and it turns out all right in the end.
Keerti Karunakaran
Passionate Thirst is a fantastic book that I feel like reading over and oveer again. After exams, I am so going to read the whole book again!
Amy Jacobs
I purchased this series a few years ago in the hopes of adding a new author to my favorites list. For one reason or another, they kept getting pushed to the back of the bookshelf. So I finally caved and decided to give them a try despite the upset and mysterious pen name involved with this series.

No one truly knows if Cameron Dean is a real person or if it is a pen name. No author website can be found, and no other works have been published by this author. So don't expect to find much informatio
It was an okay book. The plot was good since usually it's "girl falls for vamp and wants to stay with him forever, therefore wants to be one too" (for example Twilight series and most of the books about vampires)
But here, the main character wanted to be one than changed her mind, which is kind of new I guess...
On the other hand, I didn't have any feelings while reading the book.. You know like the times where you get so sucked into the book your heart hurts for the characters, and you have mood
Forgettable. The characters felt like cookie cutters. The gorgeous best friend, the hot vampire's nothing I haven't read before and it bored me.
Stephanie Bolen
I had hopes, it started with a bang but then it turned into a belly full of belly aching. She was so focused on her personal drama that she ignored the signs.
Barbara ★
Candace Steele is a vampire killer. Interestingly enough she's in love with a vampire. Candace works security at a casino in Vegas. She is asked to provide security for a famous singer and her crew. One of the crew is a vampire so Candace's radar is up immediately. I enjoyed the romance between Candace and Ash but found the whole singer at the casino part of the book rather boring. All in all an ok start to the series. I look forward to future adventures between Candace and Ash.
Passionate Thirst was a quick read and had enough action to keep the plot moving along nicely. Without spoiling the entire story, there are a few plot twists that seemed a bit contrived but the final twist was a good one. I would certainly recommend this book for anyone who likes paranormal action with romance and will be continuing to read the series in the future.
Jan 26, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisa by: The Really Good Bookshop
Candace Steele is a strong sometine funny chick who hunts down and kills Vampires. She falls for someone who turns out to be a Vamp but things go wrong then suddenly Ash is pushed away however he is never far and he is always there should Candace need him. I liked this story and I'm looking forward to reading more about Candace in the next 2 books. 4/5
Tama Wise
Is it romance? Is it a supernatural vampire hunter story? This book straddles the divide, and got me more than a few chuckling looks when I read it up in the staff cafe. Consider it Kim Harrison with a little more romance, and a little more snappy. Good enough a first book for me to consider reading the second in the series.
Jan 31, 2009 Lesley rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lesley by: Paks36
Shelves: 2009
Not a bad start to yet another vampire series. It will be interesting to see whether the next in the series is any better. Not quite as detailed or rich in characters as others but not bad. Interested in seeing whether Ash and Candace's characters can work out their differences.
Mai Lewis Buwee
The story was a little slow getting started. The story line showed a new direction for vamp and human relationships. I will be looking forward to the second book. It will be the tie breaker regarding me continuing with the series. Great start to a new spin in this genre.
I liked this book, but it felt a little flat to me.
The characters were likable, but I did not feel invested in what was happening to/with them.
I'm going to follow through and read the next book in the series, but am uncertain if it will change my feelings.
I found this book a decent read, i always perceive vamps to be strong, passionate, assertive, sexy, and headstrong! Ash in this book kindof let me down in the vamp department he didnt play the role of a dominant as i usually like to see!
I wish it had a bit more of a story line with her and Ash. Or more of her being a vampire 'killer' it kind of fell soft on both ends. but what the heck -- on to book 2 Luscious Cravings. (and that is only because it was an easy read)
Caitlyn Rivera
I really liked this book :) I purchased this and the third one at Half Priced books and I am sad to say I still cannot find the second. It was a great first to three and I cannot wait to read the other two! Such a great supernatural world.
Warning!!!! If you like happy endings Do Not start this series. The books are great, but you'll want to throw all of them in the garbage after the last page in the last book. Just giving you a heads up...your welcome!
I actually would give this 3.5 stars. The only reason I don't give it the full fourth star is that I didn't care for the ending. Then again it gives us something more to read about in the next book of the series.
Brouillon et pas vraiment prenant. Les flashs back sont lourds, les personnages pâlichons, l'intrigue molle, mais avec une bonne chute. Cependant, tout n'est pas expliqué et laisse dubitatif.
Natalie Ram
Why did I read these books? Why did a waste a whole weekend on them? I just don't know but maybe I can save someone else from making the same mistake. These books are awful and pointless!
I've started reading this book, expecting another 'Twilight' or 'The Vampire Diaries'. But I 've become suprised. Really nice story, about fight between love and life.
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • Night Tides (Lady of the Lakes #1)
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • The Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire, #4)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
  • Destiny's Star (Epic of Palins, #3)
  • Pandora's Box (Pandora, #1)
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Unchained (The Dark Forgotten, #3)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
Cameron Dean enjoyed a successful career as an actress in regional repertory theater before turning her hand to writing. She is also the author of Passionate Thirst and Luscious Craving. Cameron lives with her husband and assorted felines in Seattle.
More about Cameron Dean...

Candace Steele Vampire Killer (3 books)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2) Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)

“Why do men have nipples? Because God is a woman and she really wants us to enjoy ourselves, that's why.” 5 likes