Start by marking “The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home

The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A Chicago journalist finds himself in a small Texas town on Christmas eve. Lonely and alone, he encounters old faces and new facts...a hand carved manger, a father's guilt, a young girl's faith. The trip into the past holds his key to the future, and a scarlet cross shows him the way home.

This Christmas treasure, formerly titled "The Christmas Cross" now repackaged and red
Published October 9th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Child

Shakara Withers
This is a short, fictional tale by renowned Christian author Max Lucado.

If you know me well or have already read my other Goodreads review, then you know about my near-obsession with Lucado (he's one of my favorite writers across all genres). I figured I'd give this book a read because I'm trying to fulfill a goal of reading all of Lucado's published material!

This story is a little bit about Christmas (The holiday felt much more like a backdrop or something incidental to the story, not critical
Dora Wagner
I really love Max Lucado. This is a great story of finding yourself at Christmas the true message.
Jenna
A little stereotypical, but one of my favorite Christmas classics. :)
Elaine
(book, fiction)
a. very touching story about a man and his wife who are struggling in their marriage.
b. The main character, a man whose father receives a photo in the mail – a photo of a church – Clearwater Lutheran Church. He sets out to find the church pictured in the photo. What he learns upon finding the church surprises him very much. – 5 STARS

Another super short story! This one is about making mistakes, forgiveness, and love. It begins with the story of a hand-carved nativity set at a church in Texas, and ends with secrets revealed and hearts mending.
Mary Hollister
I liked this story even though it is kind of sappy. A husband and wife separate for a few days and the husband discovers some interesting facts about his life while he is gone.
Now I want to watch the movie. These stories are alwayse predictable but I can't help but get sucked in.
Trish
Apr 05, 2012 Trish rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Great Christmas story. I would love to see the movie that was made in conjunction with this book.
Kymberly
I loved this book, I cried and cried. such a touching story of true forgiveness.
Tiffany
This story is a nice quick read to get you in the true spirit of Christmas.
Joanne
A short story fitting for the season. Wonderful and emotional story. Enjoy!
Sam Lonberg
Uplifting and enjoyable. Very short, so it can be read aloud.
Swhe641200
Story of a missing child from a Nativity Sceen. Ok story.
Carol
Jul 29, 2007 Carol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults, mature teens
Shelves: lucado
excellent book
the heart of home
domestic struggle
Marie Buccellato
Marie Buccellato marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Nicole Unger
Nicole Unger marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Erin1
Erin1 marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Christmas Vows: $5.00 Extra
  • A Cup of Christmas Tea
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)