Start by marking “The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home

The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A Chicago journalist finds himself in a small Texas town on Christmas eve. Lonely and alone, he encounters old faces and new facts...a hand carved manger, a father's guilt, a young girl's faith. The trip into the past holds his key to the future, and a scarlet cross shows him the way home.

This Christmas treasure, formerly titled "The Christmas Cross" now repackaged and red
Published October 9th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Child

Shakara Withers
This is a short, fictional tale by renowned Christian author Max Lucado.

If you know me well or have already read my other Goodreads review, then you know about my near-obsession with Lucado (he's one of my favorite writers across all genres). I figured I'd give this book a read because I'm trying to fulfill a goal of reading all of Lucado's published material!

This story is a little bit about Christmas (The holiday felt much more like a backdrop or something incidental to the story, not critical
Dora Wagner
I really love Max Lucado. This is a great story of finding yourself at Christmas the true message.
Liz
I enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie based off of it as well.
Jenna
A little stereotypical, but one of my favorite Christmas classics. :)
Elaine
(book, fiction)
a. very touching story about a man and his wife who are struggling in their marriage.
b. The main character, a man whose father receives a photo in the mail – a photo of a church – Clearwater Lutheran Church. He sets out to find the church pictured in the photo. What he learns upon finding the church surprises him very much. – 5 STARS

Another super short story! This one is about making mistakes, forgiveness, and love. It begins with the story of a hand-carved nativity set at a church in Texas, and ends with secrets revealed and hearts mending.
Mary Hollister
I liked this story even though it is kind of sappy. A husband and wife separate for a few days and the husband discovers some interesting facts about his life while he is gone.
Now I want to watch the movie. These stories are alwayse predictable but I can't help but get sucked in.
Trish
Great Christmas story. I would love to see the movie that was made in conjunction with this book.
Kymberly
I loved this book, I cried and cried. such a touching story of true forgiveness.
Tiffany
This story is a nice quick read to get you in the true spirit of Christmas.
Joanne
A short story fitting for the season. Wonderful and emotional story. Enjoy!
Sam Lonberg
Uplifting and enjoyable. Very short, so it can be read aloud.
Swhe641200
Story of a missing child from a Nativity Sceen. Ok story.
Carol
Jul 29, 2007 Carol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults, mature teens
Shelves: lucado
excellent book
the heart of home
domestic struggle
Eileen Murray
Eileen Murray marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Gabriela Nunes
Gabriela Nunes marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Kim Hammond
Kim Hammond marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Terrinalynn
Terrinalynn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Shannon Crowder
Shannon Crowder marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sunny Petkova
Sunny Petkova marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Ceci Long
Ceci Long marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)
  • The Christmas Quilt
  • Christmas Vows: $5.00 Extra
  • The Christmas Scrapbook: A Harmony Story (Harmony, #6.5)