Start by marking “Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)” as Want to Read:
Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)

Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #9)

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #9: Dolphins at Daybreak,they had lots of questions. Did dolphins ever live on land? How do dolphins communicate? How do sharks hunt for food? Which sharks are the most dangerous? Find out the an
Paperback, First Edition, 128 pages
Published June 24th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Thanks to this, I learned a lot of things about sharks and dolphins. And I thought all dolphins look the same!
Angela
Jan 16, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Dolphins and sharks was very interesting. I really liked learning that the Killer whale was actually a dolfin. It was a great book and I'm glad that I read it. My favorite dolphin was the spinner dolfin. I may not like sharks, but my favorites were the maco sharks and the hammerhead shark. I can't wait till some of the other reasearch guides come out. They are really good. It is cool about some of the dolphins about what they do and how the comunicate. At first I thought that sharks always atack ...more
Chris Flores
May 06, 2016 Chris Flores rated it really liked it
I like in Book i nod Dolphins 50 miles in bigger and i Mrs.Josephs son Daybreak, they had lots of questions. Did dolphins ever live on land? How do dolphins communicate? How do sharks hunt for food? Which sharks are the most dangerous? Find out the answers to these
Jonnathan Ortiz
Nov 22, 2016 Jonnathan Ortiz rated it it was amazing
I like this book because it talks about how dolphins and sharks which also show pictures for students to see. Books about animals are neat because it can spark the interest in students at an early age.
This book is ideal for elementary school-age children, with lots of pictures and facts
Melissa Namba
Nov 06, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, coplin
another great guide. it talks about the basics about dolphins and sharks and then addresses some issues like that most sharks are not dangerous to humans. I liked the conservation segment.
Dec 02, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dolphins And Sharks and by M is a book about dolphins is a
Keshia
Dec 26, 2016 Keshia rated it really liked it
Love these books for my classroom. And how they always have tips for extra research.
Taylor Laird
Nov 06, 2015 Taylor Laird rated it really liked it
Shelves: edrd314
This was an easy read, and read almost like a picture book. It had a lot of pictures that went along with the story. This read was more of like an informational read, as the two kids research dolphins and sharks and discover some really cool facts, even though it is a fictional book. This could be read by any child that has an interest in dolphins and sharks, along with many of the other Tree House books. This book could be read along with the fictional based book of Dolphins at Daybreak. It is ...more
Dolly
Feb 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the first time that we've borrowed the non-fiction Research Guides that is the companion to the Magic Tree House story (in this case, Dolphins at Daybreak.) Interesting, but this book doesn't hold our girls' interests quite as good as the stories do. I was surprised, honestly, at how much our oldest really enjoyed this book. But it is ideal for elementary school-age children, with lots of pictures and facts, and not too much information.
Linda Branich
Nov 08, 2014 Linda Branich rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, science
This non-fiction fast-trscker is a companion read to the Magic Tree House series #9, Dolphins at Daybreak.
It is an excellent resourse book for children, probably grades 2-4, maybe even grade 5 , depending on their reading level. Difficult, scientific words are also spelled phonetically so that the reader can use 'big' words and pronounce them correctlh when telling about the book. At the end of the book are many suggestions for children who wish to learn more about dolphins and sharks, including
Twyla
Jul 18, 2014 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Jack & Annie are telling me all about dolphins & sharks. They tell me what kinds of dolphins there are like killer whales, bottenose dolphins, and other kinds. I liked the bottlenose dolphin because it looked pretty. They also tell me what kind of sharks there are like the tiger shark and the hammerhead shark. Auryn 7yo
Megan
Jan 10, 2015 Megan rated it liked it
Mark really enjoyed the beginning of this book, and then lost interest. He gained interest in the Magic Tree House series, which is a good thing. I thought sharks would hold his interest and this book might hold his interest when he's a little older and can read it himself. In general, I like this series as my kids pass through this age.
Sam
May 31, 2010 Sam rated it it was amazing
How fast can some dolphins swim? What is the biggest shark? Why do sharks attack? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this Magic Tree House Research Guide! Includes an illustrated gallery of dolphins and sharks, information on the ocean, dolphin communication, how sharks hunt for food, ocean exploration, and lots more!
Kayla
Dec 09, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing
after annie and Jack get back from their adventure to the ocean they have a lot of questions about dolphins and sharks. this book is between fiction and non fiction. the information about dolphins and sharks is true but the story line is not. it has a lot of great facts about dolphins that are useful to know for a science class.
M
Mar 19, 2016 M rated it really liked it
This is a very informative companion book. I learned that the middle level of the ocean is called "The Twilight Zone". Do you know the difference between a dolphin and a porpoise? If you read this book, you will.
Hailey Peterson
Jan 15, 2012 Hailey Peterson rated it it was ok
When i read this book it really stood out that this book is for little kids who are interested in sealife. The reading was very simple and had good little parts of information. Not something i would really recommmend to anybody. Thats why it only got 2 stars. :(
Nick
Jan 14, 2014 Nick rated it it was amazing
I loved to learn since I read the magic tree house fact tracker/research guides. and this ones great I almost always afraid of sharks in pools/bathtub/beach when I was little.(but im still afraid of the beach part) may the facts be with you.
Lynn
May 01, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing
My son loves learning about dolphins and sharks, and thought this book was fantastic. We actually read this book before reading "Dolphins At Daybreak". We will continue reading the rest of the Magic Tree House Research Guide books along with the Magic Tree House books.
Tiffany Lynn
May 05, 2010 Tiffany Lynn rated it really liked it
Ok well this book I've learned so much well kinda but I definitley found out some things that I never knew about dolphins hah(:
Marya
Aug 22, 2016 Marya rated it liked it
Shelves: children-series
It's dolphins! And sharks! And cool facts about them! Really, that about sums it up, but it works for its target audience.
Elizabeth
My kids (5&9) LOVED this book. We read every single fact. They asked questions and liked learning about sharks and dolphins.
Steve
Jan 13, 2010 Steve rated it really liked it
This book told me a lot a dolphins and sharks that I dint know. I espsholy like the part's that tell about what dolphins can do and I like lrening about the difent speece of dolphins.
خلود
Jul 10, 2014 خلود rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting specially thats part which talk about different kinds of Dolphins and Sharks
some has very strange appear such as Great Hammerhead Shark!
Theresa
Mar 12, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
Osborne, Mary Pope
a good resource on topic for children
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Sharissa Spangler
Sharissa Spangler rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2010
Nwal Toma
Nwal Toma rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Charlie H.
Charlie H. rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Haelyn
Haelyn rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Tommy
Tommy rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2009
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Hungry, Hungry Sharks!
  • Surprising Sharks (Boston Globe-Horn Book Honors (Awards))
  • The Planets in Our Solar System
  • Oil Spill!
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
  • Dancing the Seas (Dolphin Diaries, #8)
  • The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)
  • March On!: The Day My Brother Martin Changed the World
  • Transformers: Meet the Autobots
  • Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #2)
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • Who's in Love with Arthur? (Arthur Chapter Book, #10)
  • What Is the World Made Of?: All About Solids, Liquids, and Gases
  • Journey of the Pink Dolphins: An Amazon Quest
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)