Start by marking “Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants” as Want to Read:
Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants

Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants

One of Canada's hottest restaurants puts a Fresh spin on vegetarian cuisine! Famous for their cornucopia of over 45 sparkling fruit and vegetable juice drinks and 75 dazzling and delicious vegetarian dishes, the gourmet restaurant chain, Fresh, is a legend in Canada's hectic restaurant scene.
Published May 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Refresh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Refresh

Debra Daniels-zeller
Jul 01, 2012 Debra Daniels-zeller rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This book was inspired by Fresh, a whole foods restaurant in Toronto. The focus of this book is fresh and vegan, and the book offers the same popular fresh food the restaurant serves. I love the fresh vegetable focus. And th recipes make me wish I lived near this restaurant. This is one inspiring cookbook. I get lots of great ideas from these recipes and I love the unique combinations like Coconut and Red Pepper Soup, Portobello and Walnut Salad and Sri Lankan Spice Mix. This is a book I could t ...more
KrystelDallas
Jan 09, 2013 KrystelDallas rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, vegan
There are some recipes in this book that are just so delicious it's incredible. Some of them though, have ingredient lists that are so very long! If I lived in Toronto, I would eat there quite a bit to save myself the trouble. (It's sooo good there, if you've never been, GO.) The first half of the book is food recipes and the second half is juice recipes. I love juices but some of these had ingredients that are really difficult to find in a smaller city. Pretty unfortunate since I can't really g ...more
Stevie
Jun 02, 2012 Stevie rated it liked it
The few recipes I made from this book were incredibly tasty. I was so impressed, BUT the downside is that many of the recipes involve quite a lot of prep. And for a non-vegan that doesn't live in a large city, I did not have many of the ingredients on hand, nor have any way to buy them locally. Great library read, probably wouldn't spend my money on buying it.
AJ
Nov 08, 2011 AJ rated it liked it
The recipes are just not my type, but I'll keep this cookbook around for the juice and smoothie recipes! Makes me wish I had a juicer.

Strict vegans, be aware that quite a few recipes in this book call for honey. I'm sure agave can be substituted, but that kind of threw me off in a vegan cookbook.
Rebekah
May 10, 2010 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Includes lots of inventive recipes for soups, salads, sandwiches, rice bowls, marinades, and sauces and dressings. The California salad is my favorite and the marinades and dressings are so easy to put together. This is the perfect cookbook for using summer vegetables.
Carrie Marcotte
Great pictures. Simple recipes. Everything looks so delish, I can' wait to start trying some of the bookmarked ones. I used to visit this place when it was in the Queen Street Market back in the 90's everyday, so it was great for my aunt to mail this book to me.
Haley
Apr 02, 2008 Haley rated it liked it
This is one vegan cookbook that I tend to use more in summer time - as most of the recipes are more on the light and cool side. That being said, for such simple sounding recipes, there is quite alot of prep work to be done.
Dioscita
Mar 01, 2008 Dioscita rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking-food
Beautiful photography but boring and rather bland (IMO) recipes -- at least those that didn't require $$$$$ ingredients, which maybe taste fabulous but who could afford them?
Shayla
Oct 10, 2012 Shayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, cookbook
Love this cookbook, interesting ingredients and fabulous recipes. These are creations that take a little time, but are worth it.
Amy
Oct 29, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
A long-time favorite. Creative, fresh, and flavorful vegan recipes. The sauce recipes, in particular, are perfect to brighten up "kitchen sink" rice and noodle bowls.
Elizabeth
Oct 30, 2007 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
The pictures in this book are beautiful, I only wish there were more!
So far my favorite is the Caribbean Cabbage soup (or something like that)
Robin
Nov 18, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it
I love Fresh's food. I'll admit though I've only made one recipe from here - a lot of their cooking depends on pre-prepared sauces, and I'm a lazy cook. But I want to make more!
Shannon
Aug 05, 2008 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: foodstuffs
Interesting variety of juicing/smoothie recipes.
Ekaiserattoe
Oct 25, 2011 Ekaiserattoe rated it it was amazing
This consoles me when I desperately miss the Fresh restaurants in Toronto.
Jaime
Jul 22, 2008 Jaime rated it it was amazing
The best recipes - vegan, vegetarian or not the rice bowls are to die for!
Hannah
Mar 02, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it
Yummy recipes for salads, juices and smoothies.
Martha Smith
Dec 16, 2011 Martha Smith rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
Nothing extraordinary here. I got 4 recipes from the book. Not a low-fat vegan cookbook.
Morgan
Sep 22, 2011 Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
Now I really want to go to a Fresh restaurant!
Judita Wignall
Judita Wignall rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Tara Pilaprat
Tara Pilaprat rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
John Smith
John Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Stuart Meikle
Stuart Meikle rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Laura rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2011
Jennifer Dines
Jennifer Dines rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2011
Asiya W
Asiya W rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2012
Penny
Penny rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Mebooth
Mebooth rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Kelcie
Kelcie rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2017
penny shima glanz
penny shima glanz rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Millennium Restaurant
  • The Candle Cafe Cookbook: More Than 150 Enlightened Recipes from New York's Renowned Vegan Restaurant
  • Vegan World Fusion Cuisine: Over 200 award-winning recipes
  • The Real Food Daily Cookbook: Really Fresh, Really Good, Really Vegetarian
  • Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons
  • The Urban Vegan: 250 Simple, Sumptuous Recipes from Street Cart Favorites to Haute Cuisine
  • Get It Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Cooking and Living
  • Home-Cooked Vegan Comfort Food: More Than 200 Belly-Filling, Lip-Smacking Recipes
  • Yellow Rose Recipes
  • Spork-Fed: Super Fun and Flavorful Vegan Recipes from the Sisters of Spork Foods
  • Living Vegan for Dummies
  • This Crazy Vegan Life: A Prescription for an Endangered Species
  • Vegan Lunch Box Around the World: 125 Easy, International Lunches Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love!
  • The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Ways to Cook Allergy-Free-Without Dairy, Wheat or Meat
  • Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes