Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants

Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  17 reviews
One of Canada's hottest restaurants puts a Fresh spin on vegetarian cuisine!Toronto's Fresh restaurants are consistently rated as among the most popular restaurants in the city. Appealing to vegetarians, vegans and those who enjoy meatfree meals as part of a healthy diet, Fresh has evolved from a humble juice bar into a chain of three dynamic and gorgeous downtown restaura...more
Published May 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Refresh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Refresh

Debra Daniels-zeller
This book was inspired by Fresh, a whole foods restaurant in Toronto. The focus of this book is fresh and vegan, and the book offers the same popular fresh food the restaurant serves. I love the fresh vegetable focus. And th recipes make me wish I lived near this restaurant. This is one inspiring cookbook. I get lots of great ideas from these recipes and I love the unique combinations like Coconut and Red Pepper Soup, Portobello and Walnut Salad and Sri Lankan Spice Mix. This is a book I could t...more
KrystelDallas
There are some recipes in this book that are just so delicious it's incredible. Some of them though, have ingredient lists that are so very long! If I lived in Toronto, I would eat there quite a bit to save myself the trouble. (It's sooo good there, if you've never been, GO.) The first half of the book is food recipes and the second half is juice recipes. I love juices but some of these had ingredients that are really difficult to find in a smaller city. Pretty unfortunate since I can't really g...more
Stevie
The few recipes I made from this book were incredibly tasty. I was so impressed, BUT the downside is that many of the recipes involve quite a lot of prep. And for a non-vegan that doesn't live in a large city, I did not have many of the ingredients on hand, nor have any way to buy them locally. Great library read, probably wouldn't spend my money on buying it.
AJ
The recipes are just not my type, but I'll keep this cookbook around for the juice and smoothie recipes! Makes me wish I had a juicer.

Strict vegans, be aware that quite a few recipes in this book call for honey. I'm sure agave can be substituted, but that kind of threw me off in a vegan cookbook.
Rebekah
Includes lots of inventive recipes for soups, salads, sandwiches, rice bowls, marinades, and sauces and dressings. The California salad is my favorite and the marinades and dressings are so easy to put together. This is the perfect cookbook for using summer vegetables.
Carrie Marcotte
Great pictures. Simple recipes. Everything looks so delish, I can' wait to start trying some of the bookmarked ones. I used to visit this place when it was in the Queen Street Market back in the 90's everyday, so it was great for my aunt to mail this book to me.
Haley
This is one vegan cookbook that I tend to use more in summer time - as most of the recipes are more on the light and cool side. That being said, for such simple sounding recipes, there is quite alot of prep work to be done.
Dioscita
Beautiful photography but boring and rather bland (IMO) recipes -- at least those that didn't require $$$$$ ingredients, which maybe taste fabulous but who could afford them?
Robin
I love Fresh's food. I'll admit though I've only made one recipe from here - a lot of their cooking depends on pre-prepared sauces, and I'm a lazy cook. But I want to make more!
Elizabeth
The pictures in this book are beautiful, I only wish there were more!
So far my favorite is the Caribbean Cabbage soup (or something like that)
Shayla
Love this cookbook, interesting ingredients and fabulous recipes. These are creations that take a little time, but are worth it.
Martha Smith
Nothing extraordinary here. I got 4 recipes from the book. Not a low-fat vegan cookbook.
Ekaiserattoe
This consoles me when I desperately miss the Fresh restaurants in Toronto.
Jaime
The best recipes - vegan, vegetarian or not the rice bowls are to die for!
Challis
great recipes, and pictures. wish I could open a 'fresh' franchise here.
Morgan
Now I really want to go to a Fresh restaurant!
Shannon
Interesting variety of juicing/smoothie recipes.
Elizabeth Callahan
Elizabeth Callahan marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Manu Panda
Manu Panda marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Jane
Jane added it
Jun 15, 2014
Wendy T
Wendy T marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Kathrynanne Wright
Kathrynanne Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Danny Pasichnyk
Danny Pasichnyk marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
R. J.
R. J. marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Rhoslyn
Rhoslyn marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Charlene Angela
Charlene Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fresh: New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants reFresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes From the Award Winning Fresh Restaurants Fresh Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award Winning Fresh Restaurants Refresh