Clifford Keeps Cool

Clifford Keeps Cool (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Children adore Clifford, the red dog, whether he's portrayed as a puppy or as the lovable giant dog that's constantly getting into trouble. These stories highlight his adventurous, cheerful, giving, and tender ways.
Published May 1st 1999 by Cartwheel

Tiffany Neal
My kiddos love the Clifford books, especially since they can "relate" with our ginormous dog.
Ina
Here in San Diego, we have been experiencing unusually hot and humid weather, so I felt like I had to include this particular Clifford title in Storytime today. It is the height of summer and Clifford tries all the usual methods to stay cool, but at his size they don't always work quite right. For instance, watching a dog riding in a car enjoying the cool breeze, Clifford climbs on top of a large truck - which cools him off...until the truck passes under a freeway overpass. He empties swimming p...more
Ealthafer
I love Clifford books because Clifford and Emily Elizabeth are both such loveable characters. I would use this book in the classroom to work on beginning, middle, and end. The story is pretty straight foreward and the students should be able to recite what happened in the beginning, the middle, and the end.Students can also work on predicting and predict what will happen to Clifford each time he tries a new way to keep cool.
Jen
It's summer and Clifford the Big Red Dog is having a terrible time trying to keep cool. He sees other dogs riding in vehicles to stay cool, but it's hard when you're as big as Clifford. He finally finds a spot to cool off and ends up saving some children in the process.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Clifford's too big to cool off in the usual way. It's a standard Clifford story showing all the unique difficulties a dog his size would have, and then having him save the day in some unusual way because of... his size.
On a sweltering day, Clifford tries to find a way to cool off. But a swimming pool is too small, a single fan doesn't help....how can such a huge dog cool down?
Bridget
My kids like the Clifford books. This is about Clifford and his summer activities trying to cool off.
Shalana
My daughter loves the Clifford books. Makes me happy that we have this in common.
Theresa
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show
Lola Nicola
clifford books are great!!
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jenna Jensen
Jenna Jensen marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
May 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Chelsea Aulenback
Chelsea Aulenback marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Tey
Tey added it
Apr 15, 2014
Alexandra Hearn
Alexandra Hearn marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...
Clifford the Big Red Dog Clifford's Halloween Clifford The Small Red Puppy Clifford The Firehouse Dog Clifford's Birthday Party