Start by marking “أستاذ زغزغ” as Want to Read:
أستاذ زغزغ

أستاذ زغزغ (Mr. Men #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  2,077 ratings  ·  59 reviews
ترجمة رحاب بسام
Published by دار الشروق (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about أستاذ زغزغ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about أستاذ زغزغ

Gareth Senior
This book details a day in the life of he central character - Mr. Tickle who is quickly established as a classic anti-establishment figure in the manner of James Dean in "Rebel Without A Cause", Peter Fonda in "Easy Rider" or Marlon Brando in "The Wild One".

Tickle goes about his day humiliating people in positions of authority, making them look stupid and disrupting the valuable work they are doing in the community and their contributions to the wider society.
Mr. Tickle breaks in to a school and...more
Mariℓina
4,5 stars!
I loved those books when i was little!
And i'm so happy i found them again!

The simplicity behind the stories and the characteristics on Mr. Men and Little Miss series was just brilliant!!!
Littlebookwormsandbookbuzz

Growing up as a child I loved these books. This was the first book in the series and the 5year olds didn't know about the Mr.Men until today. They really enjoyed it and they were able to keep on track with the story and took it all in.

I would say the font size is 12, and it has big clear illustrations, for the children to to see.

I have decided to read every book in the series each month we meet up in my book group.

Loraine
This is currently my 3 year old son's favourite bedtime story. He loves the bit where the greengrocer falls into the apples and his feet stick into the air. He loves to lay on the floor and put his feet in the air whilst playing, his imagination has been prompted by this chuckle worthy tale. Some of Mr Tickles antics might be deemed inappropriate in todays politcally correct attitudes but it is all meant in good natured humour.
Simone Lavinier
The Mr Men and Little Miss collection are so memorable for me I had to do a review on them. Such a simple concept of having different characters named after their personalities has left such a long lasting impression on children. This collection of short stories is all about feeding young children’s imagination, engaging them and good-hearty fun! For example Mr Tickle is about a character whose main feature is his long arms and he his time is spent tickling other characters in the story. Very si...more
K. Carters
I've found my entire library of Mr Men books -complete with spine image- and plenty of memories have flooded back. Some I still remember now, others were a bit "meh" to be honest, but great collection and can't wait to share them with my son now.
Sara
Got this free with the paper on the weekend. I loved the Mr Men and Little Miss when I was young..... And here I am still loving them! The pictures are beautiful and have colour and enchant you into their silly world. Love them!
D'Anne
I loved these books when I was a kid. I know I read this one as a child at some point, but my son got the Mr. Men box set for his birthday and we're reading them together. Mr. Tickle, the Mr. who started it all, is a good one.
Sarah Picard
In my opinion, Mr. Tickle is probably the best Mr. Men book because it is the first book and probably the funniest. It's great because it has a bit of conflict in it, and that's what good books need.
Allan Leonard
“What does a tickle look like?”

This is a wonderful hardcover Special Collector’s Edition. Let’s face it: there are plenty of us the same age as Roger Hargreaves’ son, Adam, who still enjoy the Mr Men series.

This Special Collector’s Edition is prefaced with a 7-page introduction by Adam Hargreaves, with then-and-now snapshots. Adam continues to draw and create new stories for the Mr Men series.

What follows is Mr Tickle’s story, the very first of the Mr Men! Just as enjoyable now as it was then.

If...more
Chris Wing
The first Mr Man surely needs no introduction!

He's got long arms, he likes tickling people - what more do you need to know (apart from how he manages to avoid prison)?
Paul
Childhood favourite!
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Dolly
Jul 07, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 1980s, childrens
I remember discovering these Mr. Men books when I was a child. I don't know how many of them I read, but I do remember reading them in the store, patiently waiting for my parents to finish shopping. I don't think we actually purchased any of these books, but I was always excited to see a new one. The narratives are simple and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish.
Young-In Soh
I love the Mr. Men and Little Miss Collection. It reminds me of how I use to check out the small bookstore that was in my town hoping I might find another Mr. or Little Miss. Illustrations are just adorable. Mr. Tickle's wiggly arms use to freak me out a bit. These books helped me identify and appreciate characteristics of people. It helped me be an observant little girl. So much fun!!! =D
Chris Edwards
Favourite quote:

Then Mr. Tickle went to town.
Graham Austin-King
The first and the best of the Mr Men books I would heartily recommend this to any parent. Let's face it there is not a one of us who will pass up the opportunity to tickle our children until they squeal and this book is a gold-clad excuse. It's well written, the character is delightfully mischievous and the ending sets you up for a good squeal. My kids (and I) loved it.

Happy Reading
Godzilla
A good, fun read, however I feel a lot more could have been done with the plot. It was a little flimsy, and could have had a more comedic outcome.

However the illustrations are good and my children enjoyed the tickling part, even if the ending is a little creepy, although they were too busy laughing to notice (I hope)
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Mr. Tickle has super stretchy arms that allow him to tickle people without being seen. He tickles practically everyone in the town one day.

Funny, but I couldn't help but think how annoying and disruptive this would be. Does that mean I'm getting old? Don't answer that!
Gavin
The first, and possibly best, of the Mr. Men books. Mr. Tickle's extraordinary long arms allow him to tickle anyone around with little chance of being apprehended. Children love these books and I recommend them most highly.
Talya
One of my childhood dreams, really funny story. I like it a lot, though Mr. Tickle caused many problems of his unexpected tickles still, it was good to read and learn how to start a day with a smile like him.
Heather
I used to love the series when I was younger. Last week I came across this book and discovered how much fun Mr. Tickle is to read to a child (especially one who loves to be tickled, like my daughter)!
Jeff
One of the better date books I've found. The wavy arm is now a fun, permanent part of my relationship. Though this book was my enemy no. 1 as a tike, I probably flip through it once a month now for laughs.
Bella
I've read a few Mr.Men books from school and i don't know what i kept reading them. I really dislike them and the programs on telly were never great for me either. Not my thing at all.
BiblioBrandie
I have vivid memories of my kindergarten teacher reading us all the little miss and mr books. I collected them and then read them to my girls, and they loved them as much as I did!
Bill Groves
So good I have read it over 100 times, sitting on a bed at bedtime, with one spare arm for the actions. Eventually my son would start giggling before the reading started.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.

I remember this series of books well from my early years of teaching. I found them pedantic at the time, and I found them pedantic now.

Bridget
Love the illustrations, but am not a big fan of the writing of these books. But, I didn't read them as a kid, so no thrown tomatoes at me, please. :)
My younger brother had a large collection of the Roger Hargreaves Little Mr. books. Fond of "the tickler", this silly volume proved to be a favorite.
Jenny Grainger
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  • Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs
  • Alfie Gets in First
  • Slinky Malinki
  • Old Bear
  • Burglar Bill
  • The Mousehole Cat
  • One Snowy Night (Book & Tape)
  • The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge: Restored Edition
  • Avocado Baby
  • Madlenka
  • Peace At Last
  • Mister Magnolia
  • Mr. Archimedes' Bath
  • Winnie the Witch
  • Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
  • Pumpkin Soup
  • Up in the Tree
  • Peter in Blueberry Land
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et...more
More about Roger Hargreaves...
Little Miss Bossy Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6) Little Miss Sunshine