Start by marking “Bridal Jitters (Ghost Hunters, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bridal Jitters (Ghost Hunters, #0.5)

Bridal Jitters (Ghost Hunters 0.5)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  2,056 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle

From "seasoned pro" (People) Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle, comes the ultimate tale of adventure: falling in love.

Virginia Burch, a psychic archeologist, can't believe her luck when she meets Sam Gage, a ghost hunter and owner of prime real estate in the Old Quarters of Cadence, above the Dead City. He offers her his space
Published September 27th 2005 by Berkley (first published October 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Bridal Jitters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridal Jitters

Alex is The Romance Fox
 photo dd74fb304eab00604442db16be542011_zps7gabuee2.jpg

A quick read novella that introduces the reader to Jayne Castle's futuristic world of Harmony, a planet inhabited by descents of colonists from Earth, 200 years before when an energy field in space opened allowing travel between Earth and other planets. However, when the energy curtain closed down, humans were left stranded in Harmony and had to build a new society, which have given their descendants paranormal abilities.

Previous inhabitants of Harmony have left behind signs of their civiliza
Cheri
Feb 17, 2017 Cheri rated it liked it
Very short story...not one of her best, but it had a dust bunny!
Aarann
This was a cute short story, but probably not one I'd ever re-read. Virginia Burch has agreed to a Marriage of Convenience to Sam Gage, her landlord and now business partner. I'm not 100% sure I understood why they had to do an MoC instead of just merging their businesses (it had something to do with keeping a house, but I'm still not sure how that necessitated a marriage), but maybe I just misunderstood that. Virginia has been in love with Sam for... some amount of time (it seemed like they onl ...more
Donna
Mar 28, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
A quick read novella that introduces the reader to Jayne Castle's futuristic world of Harmony and the Dead City in Cadence. We get to see two types of paranormal talent that exist in this world - ghost-hunters and tanglers, and the type of work and challenges presented to them as they explore the tunnels and the catacombs of the Dead City. The story deals with the attraction between Sam, a ghost-hunter, and Virginia, a tangler, as they attempt to solve the first case in their business partnershi ...more
Debrac2014
Feb 24, 2015 Debrac2014 rated it really liked it
Good short Harmony story! Very enjoyable!
Kathy
Jul 16, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
Cruth
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle
First published: 1999
Length: 84 pages
Setting: Around 200 years in the future on the planet Harmony, cut off from Earth. In Cadence City.
Sex: Explicit. Twice.
Hero: Hunter.
Heroine: para-archeologist / tangler

It fits into the World defined by Castle/Krentz but doesn't link well into the rest of the series. To the extent that I don't recall The Great Find ever re-appearing.

It's a Halloween story set on another planet. With too much background detail an
Michele Lacroix
Mar 10, 2017 Michele Lacroix rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ebook
this is the start of the series Harmony. it was okay, but no dust bunnies
Jennifer  (Books That Hook)
“Bridal Jitters” is #.5 in the Harmony series by Jayne Castle.

I read this novella in the Charmed anthology (1999). There is also an ebook version that came out in 2013.

Although the Harmony series is listed as paranormal romance on most websites, newcomers to this series should know that it is more science fiction than paranormal because the setting is another planet in the future and most of the “paranormal” stuff is given scientific explanations.

I know “Bridal Jitters” is an old story and most
Anita
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Bridal Jitters is a pretty good introductory to Jayne Castle's Harmony series (also known as Ghost Hunters series). It's a very straight forward telling, basing off of a romance with a "marriage-of-convenience" trope, which actually means something slightly different within the scope of the story's world. Bridal Jitters doesn't dwell too much on world building or back history of the Harmony world, but we get a sense that it takes place sometime in the future and that psyc
Lynn
Feb 18, 2017 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!

If I've said it once I've said it after every book of hers I've read, there is absolutely nothing to compare with a JAK romance.
Sheila Melo
Jul 27, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prequel Novella to Harmony Series

BRIDAL JITTERS is the prequel novella to the Harmony series of futuristic books. Writing as Jayne Castle, Jayne Ann Krentz, Haas created a complex and nuanced world. This novella provides only a small glimpse into that world and doesn't linger on the rules and boundaries of this world she has created.

Harmony is a human space settlement that was made possible when a curtain between Earth and Harmony opened up. Once humans had settled on Harmony, the curtain unexp
Cybercrone
Sep 10, 2016 Cybercrone rated it did not like it
I guess it was OK for what it was, but not to my taste at all.

Writing was mediocre, English was bad, plot-line (what there was of it) seemed to have no basis even in any kind of speculative science and didn't seem logical at points.

Lots of hot romance though (which I can do without, especially when it replaces the plots I like), a bit of action and some hint of semi-mystical woo-woo trend to the plot which I expect to get heavier in future books.

I'm not totally opposed to any of that (I loved th
Eliza Leone
Jan 01, 2013 Eliza Leone rated it liked it
A short story that acts as an introduction to the series without actually giving much intro information.

Series: Harmony .5
Characters: Virginia & Sam
Setting: Alien planet, Old Cadence
Mature Themes: Sex

Virginia and Sam are entering into a marriage of convenience to boost their business and help to build their careers. When Virginia begins to have second thoughts about the wedding and is determined to back out, before she is able to bring it up with Sam a job come up that could put their compan
Margaret
Nov 03, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**The novella that introduced the world of Harmony**

**Just below the City of Cadence lie the remains of the Dead City of Old Cadence— resonating with the psychic and para energy of its dead souls. While exploring the darkest depths of the city, two business partners discover passions within each other that are very much alive…**

Lady Lioness
This story was originally published in the Charmed anthology. Berkley made what I personally consider to be a genius decision back in the mid 2000s and released several anthology stories by big-name authors as cheap $2.99 reads. Aside from this one, I'm pretty sure I also own the Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan ones. I continually live in hope Berkley will return to this marketing ploy, especially with the rise of ebooks, as I really want Nalini Singh's anthology stories all by themselves. ...more
Maura
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Jan 05, 2015 Danielle Gypsy Soul rated it really liked it
If you enjoy reading the world of Harmony this won't be an exception. I've enjoyed these books and realized along the way I missed this one. This is a short story, set pretty early in the series. Virginia is a para-archeologist and Sam is a ghost hunter. They have decided to merge their businesses and enter into a marriage of convenience (MC) but Virginia is getting cold feet. She has feelings for Sam but he only seems interested in business and she isn't sure she made the right decision when sh ...more
Laurel Bradshaw
No dust bunnies. Just a romantic (explicit) short story set in the same time and place as After Glow. Not my genre. It's really all about sex and doesn't do much to develop the world of Harmony. An okay Halloween story. Stands alone and does not have to be read in order.

Description: Virginia Burch, a psychic archeologist, can’t believe her luck when she meets Sam Gage, a ghost-hunter and owner of prime real estate in the Old Quarters of Cadence, above the Dead City. He offers her his space to l
Katy M
Aug 27, 2014 Katy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique, innovative romance with a twist.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
All of the books tied to the Arcane Society series, however loosely (Harmony was created as a setting for the Arcane Society novels set in the future,) by Ms. Krentz or her alter egos, Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick, are unique in themselves while holding true to the theme of the original- a tale of love wrapped up in a mystery with an arcane theme set in the past (Quick,) present (Krentz) or future (Castle.) Her imaginati
Lisa
Jan 30, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Bridal Jitters is a short little story (80 pages in paperback) set in the Harmony world. Because it's so short, the plot gets started pretty much from the first page. We're informed of the budding romance between the two main characters in a brief info-dump at the beginning of the story and then they head off to face some bad guys and alien tech. As with most of the Harmony stories, this one is formulaic and doesn't deviate from JAK's tried and true pattern. Both the hero and heroine get to use ...more
Thenia
Dec 25, 2010 Thenia rated it liked it
An introduction to the world of Harmony, where being a ghost-hunter or a psychic archaeologist is not uncommon and neither are marriages of convenience.

Our main couple are about to enter such a marriage, where they merge their businesses and work together for two years and then go their separate ways. Secretly, neither of them actually want this but they think the other one does and in this story we see how they overcome this misunderstanding.

An interesting world and pleasant writing style that
melissa
Jul 24, 2009 melissa rated it liked it
This one was more of a novella, just over 100 pages I think. In fact, I had trouble finding the book on its own, and had to track it down as part of another book with another story of Castles. I liked it, because it was suspenseful and romantic, all the things you would expect, but it also covered a lot of background, and explained a lot of stuff for such a tiny book. And I’m sure a lot of it was covered in the last one I read, but the refresher was nice. I do wish I had read this one first, ins ...more
Jessi
Virginia, a tangler, and Sam, a hunter, are about to enter into a Marriage of Convenience. For business reasons. At least, that's what they assure each other. But an unexpected night in the catacombs during their first project together leads to more than either expected.
The first book set on the fictional planet known as Harmony does a good job setting up world building and letting you know how that world compares to ours. A good first outing for a new series.
Michelle Tempted By Books
A nice short introduction to Harmony and Ghost Hunters. The series as a whole can be a little difficult to follow if you grab a book to far in. However I think that Jayne does a good job of catching everyone up to the concepts and general differences between Harmony and Earth. I enjoyed the series, and this Novella wasn't to rushed and was just the right length for a quick read. A would call it a fitting glimpse, to help you decide to proceed with them all.
Mem
Sep 28, 2015 Mem rated it really liked it
Short story. Halloween and along with it a surprise engagement party for Virginia Burch and Sam Gage opens the story. Sam and Virginia are going to have a marriage of convenience, 2years. They met when she was looking for a place to open her business and a place to live and knocks on Sam's door. He wants to go into business with her, he's a ghost hunter and she's a tangled and able to untangle illusion traps.
Good story and I wish it was longer.
Edith
Jun 02, 2016 Edith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Introduction!

I had read this novella years ago and it caught my attention immediately. I've been enamored with the Harmony series ever since. The planet humans travelled to and became trapped on is a stunning new world with wonders from an old alien race. It introduces an innovative take on old concepts of psychic abilities, and ways to use them. This author is a delight to read whether under Jayne Castle or Jayne Ann Krantz.
Lynne Tull
Aug 03, 2015 Lynne Tull rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
I liked as much as I like any short story. I am really not a fan of short stories. The author has to move the story along at a fast pace. Life is not really compacted into a short story so the story becomes a fantasy. I do like the H/H and hope to like them better in future books. Their characters are not really developed at this point. Recommend if you like futuristic paranormal; otherwise, you can skip this series.
Sep 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is the first book, a novella, in the futuristic world of Harmony series. New business partners, Virginia Burch and Sam Gage, agree to a temporary "marriage of convenience" for business / financial purposes only, neither of them admitting to the other that they are actually completely in love with each other. It takes a close call with death for them to finally admit the truth to one another. This was a quick, fun paranormal romantic suspense.
Raven R.
Aug 03, 2014 Raven R. rated it it was amazing
Really cute book. Still had a bit of a mystery in it and an adorable romance. Definitely would have helped to have read this before I got into the Harmony and Rainshadow stuff... then again starting 4 books in wasn't smart either.

It's a great little romance, a quick read, set in Halloween (which is a whole week for them... lucky them) so I probably should have read that one then instead of around Christmas but it was a lovely change of pace. wouldw definitely read again.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Bridal Jitters (1999) novella 1 3 Sep 27, 2012 10:22AM
  • Crystal Flame (Lost Colony, #2)
  • Heart Search (Celta's Heartmates, #10)
  • Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11; Looking Glass Trilogy #2)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Castle...

Ghost Hunters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunters, #6)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #0; Ghost Hunters, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #12)
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)