Start by marking “The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)

The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,442 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Tycoon Theron Anetakis had only one problem--and she just walked through his door. With his business takeover complete, he'd intended to arrange a marriage for himself to further secure his future. However...Little Isabella Caplan had blossomed into a voluptuous vixen with plans of her own, and they didn't include letting the executor of her father's estate also arrange a ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #1944, 187 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Rebel Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tycoon's Rebel Bride

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstThe Unwanted Wife by Natasha AndersSarah's Surrender by Lynda ChanceStaking His Claim by Lynda ChanceKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Romantically Forced
49th out of 143 books — 234 voters
The Tycoon's Rebel Bride by Maya BanksCrazy For You by Jennifer CrusieThe Marriage Mistake by Jennifer ProbstRun the Risk by Lori FosterControl by Charlotte Stein
Heroine in Pursuit in Contemporary Romance
1st out of 21 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
May 10, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009-reads
I find myself thoroughly underwhelmed by "The Tycoon's Rebel Bride". I like Maya Banks' writing, apparently I like it better when her heroines and heroes have more to offer than cliches. I realize that when writing for category romance there's less flexibility with a plot line. I also know that the editors probably wield a wicked red pen. But I still need characters with character and a plot that I can pretend to believe.

Isabella is in love with Theron. She's been in love with him since she was
Kelli
Jun 20, 2012 Kelli rated it it was amazing
Ohhh this book made me feel something! It was like candy - delicious and naughty. I don't care that others are calling it cliched or unbelievable or archaic. I loved it. I ate it up. It was exactly what I love about a historical book mixed with exactly what I love with novellas and contemporary romance.
I'm a sucker for a quick, sexy read with a bossy alpha hero who is sideswiped by the heroine, and has no idea that she's slowly bit by bit wrapping him around her finger.
I have a habit of jumping
Verity
May 19, 2009 Verity rated it really liked it
Shelves: banks-maya
Not bad for a Silhouette, but in the end I didn't feel like they were in luv, it's more like lust on both sides. I think if they'd spent more time to get to know each other, I'd have believed that their mutual attraction was based on more than just physical attributes. I like guardian - ward theme but in this case, instead of luring him thru' her own personalities as a more worthy & compatible lifemate for Theron than Alannis (his almost-fiancee), Bella tries too hard in her mission (w/ the ...more
Karyn
Mar 30, 2015 Karyn rated it it was ok
They were both annoying.. Isabella was childish and Theron was an idiot.
She was only concerned with her feelings and her wants - it didn't matter if those around her got affected by her actions. She wasn't so much a rebel bride as a spoilt rich girl.

Theron, besides the handsome physical description, didn't have much else going for him. He always seemed the last to know or figure things out.. i liked his brother from book 1 The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (The Anetakis Tycoons Series, #1) a lot be
Jasbell76
I liked the book, it was entertaining and fun but it wasn't amazing. I felt the was something missing in the romance, I don't know... Even though I never stopped read it since I started the story, I wanted the hero more passionated, but it was a surprise that heroine was who controled him! :D
I didn't like the favor the heroine's best friend asked her, while I was reading, I said "No, no, no! Please don't do that, the hero wouln't like that! Say NO to her"
I could never do a favor like that :/ Un
Makii
Jan 30, 2015 Makii rated it really liked it
Theron <3
Melonie
Sep 19, 2009 Melonie rated it it was ok
From the beginning I was underwhelmed by this book, but pushed forward, determined to finish it. The storyline of girl with longtime crush on childhood friend who is now all grown up and determined to win him has been around the block a few times, and I didn't really see anything new or fresh with Banks's take on it in this story.

I was more than a little put off by the ward/guardian aspect of the story. The heroine, Bella, has always been in love with Theron - a friend of the family, who throug
Donna
Apr 25, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
Fun light-hearted read. Second book in the trilogy that started with The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress. Nice change from the first in that Theron isn't as much of a dark and brooding hero as his brother Chrysander. (Has anyone else noted how often the heroes in the first book of a series are presented as darker, harsher, and more troubled than the heroes in subsequent books in the series.) Much more humour in this story. Banks did a great job showing Theron being driven to distraction by Bella's an ...more
Reacherfan
Jun 28, 2009 Reacherfan rated it liked it
For a short novel, this one isn't bad, but neither is it original in any way. Maya Banks is a skilled enough writer that even such standard fare was reasonably entertaining, albeit trite. It's the usual Greek super rich guy, Theron, has plans to marry a modest Greek woman of an equally wealthy family. His plans are thrown for a loop by the arrival if the young woman, Isabella, that his older brother has been distantly looking after her father's death. As trustees for her estate until she marries ...more
Natasha  A.
Feb 16, 2011 Natasha A. rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Who do I recommend to? Those needing a quick read,
those who enjoy the Harlequin reads,
and well, it's a Maya Banks.

Why did I read it? Mentioned above, but again it's a Maya...

My Rambles:
I love Maya Banks. Her writing always pulls me in and doesn't let go until you've turned that last page. I enjoyed this story very much, although it's not up to par with her other longer stories. Don't get me wrong, if you took the name off of this Silouhette Desire it would be fantastic, but yes, I am judging Ms.
Amanda Sheila
Thank God it's not as angsty as Chrysander and Marley's story! Because the angsty level of Maya Banks is alaways THIS high!

Theron's thirty two years old, handsome, rich and soon-to-be married. But suddenly he has to be the guardian of twenty two years old Isabella. Bella, she's been in love with Theron since a little girl, found out that he's going to get married, determined to seduced her. But apparently, her plan worked out all too well..

Kind of expecting Theron to be much gentler tha Chrysa
Fiona Marsden
Aug 24, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
This was quite a different story to the first Anetakis book. Bella is fresh out of college and on the hunt. She's had a crush on Theron Anetakis since she first met him years ago. Only trouble is, all he remembers is a gangly girl with braces.

Determined to have a chance to make him see her as a woman, she gatecrashed his life and proceeds to turn it upside down. When she finds he's planning to marry a good Greek girl it only makes her more anxious to make him see that the chemistry between them
Paula
Oct 20, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it
4.5 seria o mais justo. Gostei muito deste livro e recomendo a leitura desta trilogia dos Anetakis.
Janie
August 07 2015 reread
Rating: 4.5 stars

Even after rereading this book, I still find it as refreshing as when I first read it. I usually don't like stories where the heroine chases the hero, but this was very enjoyable!

Would have loved to read the other books in this series, and I tried them! But I can't get past the non-Virgin heroine hurdle. Don't know how I used to be able to read non Virgin heroine, but nowadays can't stand the thought of it.
Lynsey A
It took me awhile to get through this book. I guess the whole idea of this story line just wasn't exciting for me. The girl chasing the guy just wasn't interesting to me. There were some decent angsty parts but not enough that I felt this book should get added to my "angsy goodness" shelf.

I will probably wait a bit before reading another Desire book by Maya Banks. I am in no rush to read Piers's story.
Susan (susayq ~)
Another great Maya Banks book! Words can't describe how much I utterly LOVED Isabella in this book! She was witty, sly, slightly manipulative, and totally in love with Theron. She knew exactly who she wanted and figured out how to get him. Of course, Theron being a man and all, he never knew what hit him until it was too late ;0)

I just might have to go find the others in this series :)
A Woods
5 Theos Mou, I want to be Isabella STARS

God, this book OOZED sensuality. I could NOT put it down from the moment I began. Banks simply sucks you right in with her writing. She is so talented!

It. was. so. DAMN. good.

I mean what is not there to love?
-Sexy Tycoon who is swoon-worthy and seem to lose his cool when our lead female is concerned YES

-An absolutely mental (in a good way), hell-bent on seducing the guy she has been in love with since a young age female lead HELL YEAH

-Angst-fi
Tia
Aug 08, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
This novel deals with Bella and Theron. Bella has been in love with Theron since she could remember but when her father died, he made Theron her guardian. Now Theron in trying to marry her off to the first eligible bachelor. However Bella has other plans and that includes marrying Theron and taking him to bed.
Vee Paige
May 01, 2014 Vee Paige rated it really liked it
I normally hesitate to read about a woman who is blatantly after the man, which was why I skipped this one and went to book #3. But after reading about a sassy Bella in book # 3, I just had to read her story with Theron. Admittedly there were some parts where she acted childish, but I really liked how she drove Theron crazy with desire and how our poor guy didn't know what hit him. He was all alpha, possessive, and jealous even when he shouldn't be because he was planning to propose to someone ...more
Ker
May 18, 2012 Ker rated it it was amazing
¡AMÉ A BELLA!
(¿Todas las Bellas son tan lanzadas? Yo creo que si xD)
Silviene
May 11, 2014 Silviene rated it liked it
Hmm I have mix feelings about this book in a way I love it and on the other hand I feel like its a bit disappointing coming from the first book. this one was more cliche and the heroine wanted something and strive for it although without expecting love from it only the certainty of being with a man she loves although in some cases people will consider that over the top romantic but at the same time it clashes with the independent way of the Bella and letting love overshadow her own wishes for tr ...more
Netha
Sep 21, 2012 Netha rated it really liked it
Shelves: conte-rom
Theron Anetakis, mengambil alih kepimpinan anetakis group di new york sehubungan dengan pernikahan crysander & maley & maley tidak mau tidak di new york.
tapi ternyata tidak hanya kepimpinan new york yg diambil alih theron tapi juga sbg guardian isabella caplan, gadis muda pewaris kekayaan yang bisa dia terima sepenuhnya saat berusia 25 tahun atau menikah.

dalam bayangan theron, isabella adl gadis muda yang tidak akan terlalu menyita perhatiannya.
kalo crysander selama ini sbg guardian isab
Teena in Toronto
Feb 09, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it it was ok
I'd read The Darkest Hour by Banks last week and enjoyed the writing style so I reserved some of her ebooks from the library.

Our hero is Greek, in his mid 30s, living in New York City and about to take a docile bland Greek wife so he can complete his life and have children. Our heroine has loved our hero for ten years, since she was about 14. She has one goal and that is to marry our hero.

I found the story very naive. In this day and age, it was hard for me to believe that Bella, who has tons of
Ashley F
Review posted @ http://tsukibooks.blogspot.com

I still keep searching for a Silhouette Desire that rivals the amazing craziness of The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress by Maya Banks. Unfortunately I'll have to keep looking. While Ms. Banks brings the crazy to this book, a little is lacking and I'm sorry to say it left me disappointed. While Theron is the perfect example of an alpha-male gone too far, I was left wanting a better story.

Isabella "Bella" Swan Caplan has been in love with Theron since forev
Mariana Bezerra
Oct 13, 2011 Mariana Bezerra rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
I have to say that after the way Theron acted in the end of the first book with Marley, I so wanted to see him wipped. He show a lot of care for Marley and her baby. So when I discovered on this book that he was chosing a contract marriage, I was disapointed cause I wanted to see more of that caring man who would do anything for his family.

So another twist, and Isabella arrives. I didn't like her in the begging, she was very childlist and Theron diserved a more mature woman. Bella was only 22 an
Rachel
Jan 04, 2016 Rachel rated it did not like it
:( No thank you. This book creeped me out from beginning to end, from Theron's paternalism that bordered on abuse to Isabella's single-minded scheming to the way that Theron reacted to "taking" Isabella's virginity. Not to mention that both of these characters have no character development, no past, no context. I appreciate solid character development, but this book didn't even have that. Nope, no thank you. Not for me.
MiniMe
Aug 03, 2015 MiniMe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was déjà vu all over again. I am absolutely positive I read this book years ago with a different title. I remember too many of the plot points that played out exactly the same way, so I think this is a repackaged book. Regardless, I enjoyed it the second time around. I just hate that I started reading it and it took a while to recall "hey I know this story", and by then I just decided to enjoy it again.
Paige
Aug 14, 2014 Paige rated it liked it
A quick and enjoyable read. I felt nagging sense that I had read this before while reading, but couldn't find anything to show I had. I think that took away some from the story for me.

I didn't quite like the relationship between Theron and Bella as much as I would have liked. Bella’s schemes to win over Theron just didn’t leave enough of a romantic relationship between them.
Michael
Mar 30, 2012 Michael rated it liked it
The second book in the series about 3 Greek brothers and the women who teach them about love. I do wish there'd been more to Theron and Isabella's story. I loved their story and their end was sweet, but this one fell just a little short.

The first book in the series managed to fit a full story into a short 150 pages and leave me satisfied in the end that the only only lose end may be part of the plotline in either the second or third book. (It wasn't in this one so I'm assuming it will be resolv
Laurie
Jun 13, 2016 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Anetakis love story.

Bella is a young woman who knows who she loves and will do whatever she has to to get him. Theron has always planned on what his life's future holds when it comes to a wife, marriage and a family. When Theron is made Bella's guardian all bets are off.
The World of Maya...: * 2.The Tycoon's Rebel Bride 3 12 Aug 24, 2013 04:28PM
  • The Pregnancy Shock
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Dante: Claiming His Secret Love-Child (Orisini Brothers, #2)
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Intern Affair (Dynasties: The Elliotts #9)
  • Lost in Love
  • Bought: The Greek's Innocent Virgin
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Mr. and Mistress (Dynasties: The Elliotts #5)
  • Blackmailed Into the Prince's Bed
  • Love Conspiracy
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
  • One Last Night
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • Marriage Meltdown
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

The Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)
  • The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)

“I want him to burn for me, to not be able to go a day without touching me, holding me, caressing me. He’ll be an excellent lover. I want a man who knows how to please me,” 19 likes