Start by marking “The Marcelli Bride (Marcelli, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Marcelli Bride (Marcelli, #4)

The Marcelli Bride (Marcelli #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,611 ratings  ·  42 reviews

USA Today bestselling author Susan Mallery returns to the idyllic setting of her sensual Marcelli sisters trilogy -- California wine country, where love and laughter flow, and where an unlikely couple discovers the one thing their hearts hunger for most: a place to call home.

The rebel of the Marcelli family, Joe never joined his sisters Katie, Francesca, and Brenna in ru

Published May 1st 2006 by Pocket Star (first published April 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Marcelli Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marcelli Bride

Wendy S. Marcus
This is one of my favorite books. I read it over and over.
Leah
Mareli
Another 5 stars for me! I really enjoyed this story, even if some details were a bit too SF for me (like having the USA president's daughter hiding in a vineyard hacienda is strange - no hope of full protection in such a open environment).

But I loved Jo and I liked his story very much. I was with him, struggling to accept a family after so many years, the same family who abandoned him as a little child. I love his intercactions with her sisters.

A very good reading
Wendy
I have been looking for a used copy of this book for a while, finally I just bought it new and I can't regret that choice. It turned out to be just as fun and engaging as the other Marcelli books.

Darcy Jensen is one of the daughters of the US President. One day while shopping at the mall she is kidnapped and thrown into the back of a van. But when her kidnappers realize that she isn't the daughter that they were after they take her back to the mall and leave her there. Bruised and confused.

For
jenjn79
Erin
There are so many elements here that should work: the heroine is in protective custody after a kidnapping attempt, the hero is an ex-Navy SEAL, the whole thing takes place at a vineyard with a big fat Italian family. Somehow these things do not coalesce into an interesting novel. The first half in particular is especially dull. Two other strikes against this book: one of the secondary characters is pregnant and only capable of talking about how much she hates being pregnant and how huge she is; ...more
Lady Allison

I loved the story in this one! It had intrigue, a sweet and entertaining subplot, and a lot of family love. When (view spoiler) passed, it was rather difficult to read since my own passed so recently so I really felt those scenes, but the rest was well done as well. I loved reading about Nic & Brenna - I needed more of them! Also, when Joe finally accepted his family, especially his parents, it was quite a heartwarming moment!

Who wouldn't want a man i
Tonya Warner
Th Marcelli family is warm and loving. They open their home and hearts to all around them. The only son had been given away as a new born, but now they have found him. Surrounded by four sisters, parents, grandparents and a host of nieces and nephews, Joe is just waiting for them to no longer want him. It has happened to him before, over and over. The Navy is now his family, he doesn't want to be a Marcelli.

Darcy is the president's youngest daughter. After a kidnapping where they didn't want HER
★¸. • * ° *  Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★
~*~ SPOILERS~*~A real romance!No fights, feuds, Jealousies, or revenge anywhere, just a really lovely ,funny romantic story about two people who meet and fall in love under the weirdest circumstances.
Poor Joe has been hounded by his birth family, since he met them three years ago,about getting married and starting a family., Something he has so far apparently avoided. he's convinced himself he's not the marrying type, he has his job as a navy SEAl and that's the only family he needs.
I loved rea
Maria
Joe has been sent to guard the president's daughter. She's been sent into hidding at his family's winery. The problem is that he's not exactly close with his family and doesn't want to spend time with them. Not to mention that he has no time fall in love with the heroine.

Why I picked up this book: I love Navy SEAL books... those that are written by Suzanne Brockmann. I'm on the hunt for more books like hers and I thought that I would give Mallery a chance.

Why I finished the book: Mallery is a gr
All Night Books
This is the fourth book in the Marcelli series by Susan Mallery. I know originally it was only suppose to be the three girls am glad that the author decided to bring us Joe's story. He was an important character. A lot of the last book hung on him joining the family, I am glad he finally did and that he finally allows himself to love. Sad to see the death of a character so strongly shown in a the previous books. Very much looking forward to reading Mia's story next.
Emily
May 16, 2014 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: found at local discount store
Wonderful book. I love Mallery's work, and read her books whenever I come across them. I just happened to be perusing my local Dollar Tree, and there it was. A shining beacon, saying,"BUY ME." How could I possibly resist? A Susan Mallery book for $1...yes please. Her talent is amazing, and THE MARCELLI BRIDE didn't disappoint.
Dawn
It surprised me. I read it on recommendation of an acquaintance thinking it was just another romance like she usually reads...I laughed in spots, I cried in spots, I read late into the night. Yes, the end is obvious as soon as the main characters appear, but getting there was an enjoyable ride.
Peggy Parsons
Around page 80 the hero and heroine gave slight nods each other. No chemistry, no cute lines, nothing of interest happening before that. Stopped reading. One review said the last 50 pages were action-packed. What about the 250 pages before that?
Vivian Hollidee
One thing I love about this story is Joe and the Marcelli family. And one thing I hate about this story is Joe's resistance to be one of the Marcelli's. His family is clearly loving and accepting. They may be very nosy but the love is there. I belong from a very small family, and when I say small it's just me and my mom. When I started reading this book it actually made me feel as though I'm a part of such a BIG, LOVING family.

As for Darcy and Joe's love affair, I had to give a 3 or 2 stars. I
Tam B.
I've only read Brenna's story prior to reading this, so I had some experience with the family.

I liked Darcy. I liked Joe. And I enjoyed visiting with the Marcelli's.
Laurel Horner
Want a nice love story and everyone learning what they need to to be better people. And the bodyguards falling in love with each other just an added love bonus.
Christa Sigman
This series is perfect for relaxing and escaping. Not deep, not earth shaking literature, but entertaining stories me characters to escape to the beauty of wine country
Sally
Oh, Joe. Exactly the kind of book that's my favorite. Trash but with great characters and a great story.
Carrie
Another good one in this series. Both Joe and Darcy worked for me as main characters. I enjoyed their banter (Mallery always seems to get this right). The plot worked for me for the most part (though why the first set of kidnappers would let Darcy go even if she was the 'wrong' sister baffles me). Since Brenna has been a favorite of mine throughout the series, I was glad to see her used as a more involved minor character again. I could have done without the secondary love story with Paige and Al ...more
Kristina
Love the writing, made me laugh out loud a couple times.
Netha
Joe, the navy seal, after years raised in foster homes suddenly the Marcelli's appeared in his life and wanted to claim him as their son, grandson, and brother he's understandably unwilling to give them the opportunity to have a chance after they threw him away.
when the President's daughter is kidnapped and needs a "safe house", Joe is asked to assist her security team and take her to the family winery for safe keeping.
Darcy, the president's daughter, she was insure within her own family and af
Latte
The pace picks up toward the end and is generally more interesting. I found the beginning a bit dull. It's three years since the last story in the series and Joe is just a butthead. I just wasn't finding him to be a very sympathetic hero in this story. Luckily, the rest of the crazy Marcelli family is still there for comic relief.
Stephanie
There is a little suspense and a bad guy in this one. It is also very sad part towards the end. Pretty good story involving the Marcelli Brother. I only wish that Mallery would include the other characters from the first books a little more. The Marcelli's are a very interesting family. I have really enjoyed this series.
Annemarie
Feb 20, 2012 Annemarie added it
Shelves: dnf
Gave it a 100 page chance. Im going to get a migraine from one to many eye rolls! Mia character really cinched it for me.. So cliche and stereotypical ugh.. Why they hiding Darcy anyway!! Her kidnappers returned her! *eye roll* Italian Grandma.. "Eat eat" oh please. The whole cast of characters was flat.
Shawn
Hot Navy Seal needed to protect President's daughter. Secluded family winery as back drop. Add 4 sisters, a set of parents, 2 meddling grandmothers and 1 persistant grandfather and you have the makings of a Marcelli Bride. Who knew the daily functions of a winery could be so steamy!
Jennifer Antony
The The Marcelli family are so vibrant interesting family. I really enjoyed reading this story. Joe irked me when he constantly refused to be a part of Marcelli, thou the whole family had already accepted him with full heart. I am definitely going to hunt the rest of Marcelli series.

Marla
I accidentally paid for a month of Scribd. Took a look and decided I would read this series. Must say I am really enjoying this series and am now on the last book. Really wish scribd was different.
Lauren Fraser
I found this book on the library discard table and picked it up. I really enjoyed it. I love family series books. The Marcelli family dynamics are great. I'll definitely be looking for the rest of this series.
Shae
A friend gave this to me, and even though it was the 4th in an involved (I assume) series, I enjoyed it. I didn't have high hopes for it because the plot seemed a bit lame, but it was still really good.
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy, #2)
  • His Wicked Promise (McKay, #2)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Baby of Shame
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • The Price of Pleasure
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2 & Greek Tycoons #7)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • The Heir (Regency, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Freedom (Six Pack Ranch, #6)
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come ...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)