Start by marking “The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story” as Want to Read:
The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story

The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  1,081 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
For the first time in trade paperback comes Altea's bestselling account of her true experiences as an internationally renowned medium and healer.
Published July 1st 2001 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1995)

One Last Time by John EdwardCrossing Over by John EdwardLife After Life by Raymond A. Moody Jr.The Real Book of the Dead by Collette SinclaireMessages From Heaven by Collette Sinclaire
Crossing Over
16th out of 48 books — 35 voters
Touched By Evil by Michele KnightSmall Mediums at Large by Terry IacuzzoLook for the Good and You'll Find God by Echo BodineRomany Boy by Leon PetulengroThe Rational Psychic by Jack Rourke
Memoirs of Psychics
34th out of 61 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Mercurymouth
Mar 12, 2009 Mercurymouth rated it it was amazing
I blubbered like a baby at the end!!
Mary
Jun 09, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
Great read. Very touching story of the life of a Medium Psychic Healer and her guide, Grey Eagle. Rosemary born and raised in England had a harsh and cruel childhood filled with abuse and lack of love, marries hoping for love and gets deceit. Her troubles continue until friends show her her psychic powers are a gift not a curse, and teach her to accept and learn. The stories of those she helps are very touching, and will bring tears of joy to those of us who have lost loved ones and know they ...more
Chelsea
Mar 09, 2008 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Another amazing look into the world of clairvoyance and a beautiful reminder that we are surrounded by wise, loving guides.
Joanie
Aug 20, 2007 Joanie rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
Someone recommended I read this book suggesting that I might find comfort in the notion that even though people pass away, they are still with us and see us. I guess that part was kind of comforting but I thought the first part of her book where she talks about first seeing spirits and thinking that she was crazy was much more interesting than the latter part of the book when she talks about her spirit guides and all the rest of it. Better written than the book by John Edward.
Niva
Oct 17, 2007 Niva rated it really liked it
It was amazing how she was able to travel to her past lives and had conversations with her spirit guide.
Rana
Mar 18, 2008 Rana rated it it was amazing
Very good about a woman's journey in discovering her special gifts and how to help others.
Holly Harrison
May 24, 2014 Holly Harrison rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down. Divine timing, as always.
María Creeycrea
Sep 19, 2016 María Creeycrea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro intenso, inquietante e inspirador.
La lectura es fácil, pero la temática impresiona un poco.
Hazellie
Mar 16, 2015 Hazellie rated it liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Rosemary's experiences, and the case book was especially interesting. I do not doubt that her experiences are true, as I have had many encounters with the spirit world myself, and a lot of the things she shares in her encounters are consistent with my own.

However, I learned the hard way long ago, when I was looking for a spiritual teacher to guide me, that just because a person is spiritual, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are enlightened. It was a shock to
María Greene
Aug 26, 2016 María Greene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobio
Ay, a mí ME ENCANTAN estos libros. Sueño con que esto sea verdad, qué mundo maravilloso sería, ¿cierto?

La primera parte del libro es bacán. La segunda es un poco latera porque le da mucho al tema de los guías espirituales y blablá... no soy demasiado fan de los guías espirituales. Me parece que hacen la misma función poco amable que hacen los sacerdotes en algunas religiones, haciendo pensar o creer que uno no puede conectarse directamente con la divinidad. Es cierto, que podrían tener una labor
Emmanuel Alderete
Apr 14, 2016 Emmanuel Alderete rated it it was amazing
Una visión diferente de la muerte y la relación que tenemos con los que se van. Todos nos vamos a morir e independientemente de nuestras creencias es una lectura que te abre el panorama sobre qué hay después de la muerte.

A different point of view about death and the relation we have with the ones that already left this world. We are all going to die and doesn't matter in what we believe this is a book that shows a different view of what we may expect after death.
Sherrill Watson
Apr 05, 2015 Sherrill Watson rated it really liked it
Autobiography of a medium / healer ("The Rose") and her spirit guide ("The Eagle").

She had a TERRIBLE childhood, then a moderately normal life, and then, while she was still searching, "coincidental" encounters with people (alive and not), who could help her. Unselfconscious telling of her story, not necessarily literary, but very believable, concerning that people we knew are by our side, helping us from time to time, whether we can see them or not. Kudos to you Ms. Altea.
Joan
Oct 17, 2014 Joan rated it really liked it
I was happy to gain some insight into what the experience of being a medium is through this work. I know a few mediums personally and have never wanted to inundate them with questions about how it all works. Fascinating. This is a straightforward story written in an accessible manner.
Aug 29, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Another book about a medium's experiences. This along with DOn't kiss them goodbye gives different views or experiences by these women. I truely believe in the spiritual world. I had many things happen to me when I was younger that I could not believe in it.
Barbara
May 20, 2015 Barbara rated it liked it
This was a subject I had never explored before. It certainly opened questions in my mind about life after death and wanting to explore more. Her stories of her experiences are really quite amazing. She seems sincere, believable and caring about her clients.
Simply
Jan 23, 2008 Simply rated it liked it
I have no idea when I picked up the book out of shelves... I was slightly read in the last cover, telling about medium... who can be in touch with the spirit which is can helped their loved ones and the living human to figure out that there is a life after death.
Lisa
Oct 12, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book if you are interested in the spirit world. This book was written by the author Rosemary Altea and her life as a medium, how it came to be and how she helped many people. I enjoyed the stories and the wisdom that came with it. Great read. In fact I read it several times.
Susan Conyers
Feb 24, 2008 Susan Conyers rated it liked it
This book is a true story about a woman who learns she has the gift to talk to people who have passed to the other side. It talks about how she developed this gift and some of her clients storys. Interesting......
Kellie Hall-Corkum
Dec 02, 2012 Kellie Hall-Corkum rated it it was amazing
Read this back in 1999/2000 after the passing of my father. It brought me understanding to a difficult situation. I LOVE this book.
Aimee
Jan 05, 2015 Aimee rated it liked it
One of Dad and Deb's books I must've borrowed a long time ago. Nothing completely out of what I've learned so far in terms of mediums and spiritualism, but she sounds like a lovely woman.
Barbi
May 06, 2008 Barbi rated it liked it
I enjoyed "most" of the book. I am a stickler for strong endings and frankly it did not have one. Intersting topic that invokes thoughtful responses but it leaves one with many questions.
Ericka Hinojosa merla
Despues de leer El Águila y La Rosa ves la muerte desde una perspectiva diferente. Tus seres queridos están aquí, viven contigo, aunque no los puedas ver.
Cristol
Sep 06, 2012 Cristol rated it liked it
The author is not a literary genius, but the topic and her experiences are interesting. Reading this book allowed me to open my mind to things I never really allowed myself to consider.
Suzanne
A very easy read, but not too easy and inspirational. A humble writer, exceptionally open providing information about living in the etheric realm.
Colleen Murphy
Aug 31, 2013 Colleen Murphy rated it liked it
A classic in this genre. It has some great stories from the author's interactions with clients but the book gets a little infomercial-ly at the end. An easy read, but not one that rocked my world.
Dani
Dani rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Dem
Dem rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Deanna Ericson
Deanna Ericson rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Carla Davis
Carla Davis rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
  • One Last Time
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • The Light Beyond: The extraordinary sequel to the classic Life After Life
  • Don't Kiss Them Good-bye
  • Embraced By The Light
  • Second Sight
  • The Camino: A Journey of the Spirit
  • Dreamwalker: The Path of Sacred Power
  • Shakkai: Women of the Sacred Garden
  • The Parables of Kryon (Kryon, #4)
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Oneness

“(T)here is no such thing as coincidence, that our often "chance" meetings are planned. Planned by a greater, universal force, which we here on earth have so little knowledge of. [...] Each moment of time is precious. Nothing, not one thought nor one deed is wasted. A casual conversation, never casual. A chance meeting, unavoidable. Coincidence, always planned.... A universal plan. All life forms, and even that which seems to have no life, is inescapably part of the plan.” 0 likes
“The answers to my questions lie within. There is nothing I can ask that I do not, somewhere within the deep recesses of my soul, know the answer to.” 0 likes