Start by marking “Every Move She Makes” as Want to Read:
Every Move She Makes

Every Move She Makes

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,627 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Ella Porter is the pampered daughter of one of Spring Creek's prestigious Southern families, but that can't stop her receiving disturbing letters. She wants to believe that Reed is innocent, but his attempts to prove it put both their lives in jeopardy.
Published June 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Every Move She Makes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Move She Makes

Michelle
Jan 17, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Before I started reading 'Every Move She Makes' I read 'Close Enough to Kill' which was a complete disappointment for me. I vowed I'd give Beverly Barton's books one last chance to win me over, and if it fell short I'd cut my losses and move on.
A few days ago I was looking for a book in my collection, and came across 'Every Move She Makes'. My first thought was to put it back and find the book I was originally looking for, and then I thought, "Well, no time like the present" and started reading
Yona
Nov 22, 2013 Yona rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I don't want to say anything bad about the book, but what I read I didn't like at all.
Ella is a 30 year old woman and she is blind to all around her especially her parents.
I didn't like the way the book was written, I just couldn't read any more.
I read the end of the book and still not impressed at all, but it made me glad i haven't finished it.
Jenn
May 20, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
This is a good book, not her best. I found the main female character extremely naïve considering her being a judge. This is a 30 year old woman with no life experience. Other than that, it has good suspense.
Samie Kauchis
Nov 14, 2011 Samie Kauchis rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would, what with everyone cheating on everyone else, and everything being so convoluted... But I was pleasantly surprised. Things worked out well, and I was even rewarded by having correctly pegged the real killer. :)
Ewa
Very good.
Ren
Bisa dibilang ini adalah buku Beverly Barton pertama yang Qbaca, berdasarkan rekomendasi dari teman2 di FB :)

Reed Conway dibebaskan dari hukuman 15 tahun penjara dengan tuduhan membunuh ayah tirinya Junior Blaylock. Namun Reed bersikeras bahwa dia tidak membunuh ayah tirinya itu dan mulai menyusun rencana penyelidikan, dimulai dengan menyeidiki keluarga hakim yang dulu menjebloskannya ke penjara, Keluarga Webb Porter.

Ella Porter, adalah anak kesayangan Webb Porter. Ella tahu dirinya hanya anak a
Marj
Nov 13, 2011 Marj rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Julie
Jun 08, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
Ella Porter has a life full of privilege: adopted daughter of a senator and a well-respected young judge in her small Alabama town. Considering her father was the DA that sent Reed Conway to jail for murder, Reed's the last person with whom Ella should be starting a relationship. But, when someone starts sending explicit letters like the type Reed used to taunt her with when he was in jail, Ella seeks the newly paroled Reed out. He's not sending these letters and he insists he's innocent of murd ...more
Suzanne
Jun 17, 2010 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Innocent people are sent to prison. This is what most believe. When they are set free, they have only one goal in mind. That goal is to prove their innocence.

Reed Conway is set free after 15 years in prison. The jury found him guilty of murdering his stepfather. He and his stepfather were arguing and fighting one night but knows that he left him alive that night.

While he is serving his prison sentence, he sends a few letters to the prosecutor's daughter. Shortly after Reed is set free, these let
Phyllis Wright
Dec 12, 2016 Phyllis Wright rated it it was amazing
I do so love happy endings.
Lisa
Nov 13, 2007 Lisa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested :]
Someone's watching, waiting and wanting her dead. Ella Porter the beloved adopted daughter of Senator Webb Porter and his wife Carolyn Porter, is a sweet, gentle, pretty and smart woman. Yet, someone's wanting her dead, planning, watching every move she makes, waiting of the right chance and the right time to pounce. Someone is enjoying watching Ella squirm in fear. Someone is basking in her fear, enjoying harrassing poor Ella, the unsuspecting woman. Someone who is closer than she thinks and s ...more
Kathrynn
Dec 09, 2007 Kathrynn rated it it was ok
I did not care for this book. The suspense was not there for me. I'm still scratching my head that the letters were referred to as "love letters." Also, she was a 30 something judge and still lived at home.???? I did not care for Reed either. Where was the love??? They had great sex and obviously chemistry. I saw right away where this book was going and that's where it went.

Reading this reminded me of a soap opera where folks were or had been sleeping with each other, kids were made and not pro
ʝαиє
Dec 22, 2015 ʝαиє rated it it was ok
I'm very disappointed with this book. It's not that nicely written as the previous books by BB. The plot is like having everything mix and match. Although the reveal of the killer throw me off ( that's the part of having a slightly high rated) but the whole book really kills me off. Lol. I did not have any problem reading the first part, then the middle part is like bore me to death. And the ending? Making the whole story more complicated. And I had no idea how come they can be together despite ...more
Marzena
Oct 31, 2014 Marzena rated it it was ok
I've read a lot of mystery+romance-combined kind of books and right now I can't think of any that would beat Every Move She Makes in terms of clicheness. I mean, it's about Southern wealthy people, who are all definition of gentlemen and blah blah, but is this a reason why the author of all the making out that happens in the book doesn't dare to use such words as 'vagina' or 'penis'? It was really silly reading about 'her femininity' and 'his sex' all the time. I mean, really?

The romance(s)? Ple

วาจะหาภาคภาษาอังกฤษมายันซะหนอย แตหาไมไดแฮะ

จริงๆ แลวอยากใหประมาณ 3 ดาวครึงละมัง
แตให 4 กได .. ใจดี
SaN~
buku BB ptama yg gw pernah baca.. hohoho..
telat banget ya..
ternyata thrillernya emang ga trll mencekam..
orgnya bs tertebak dari kalangan sndr meskipun dr awal smpt ngirain yg laen.. hehe..
n trnyt nih buku HOT bangetttt....
emang smua BB sehot ini ya? terjemahannya bagus ya..
dastan emang hebat! =D
Wieta
Apr 05, 2010 Wieta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
BB membuat akhir yang memuaskan semua pihak :) walaupun pelaku pembunuhan Junior Blalock sudah mulai bisa ditebak sejak pertengahan buku. Happy ending story dan pada bab terakhir keterkaitan antara satu tokoh dengan yang lainnya diperjelas (yang sebenarnya sejak dari pertengahan cerita sudah ada beberapa clue yang diberikan).
Like it!
Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm not real sure why this book didn't really work for me. I have read a few of Ms Barton's books that were good and I really liked but then there are others, like this one, that didn't quite do it for me. I don't think I ever really connected to the characters or the story itself. That said, it wasn't a bad book it just didn't grab me.
Dwi_eternity Lestari
Sep 07, 2010 Dwi_eternity Lestari rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy
Penasaran karna byk yg rekomen,cm pnh bc novel bb yg raintree.
Buku ini mengingatkan akan atn ama agak2 kena gaya sb. Secara crita bgs,cm kurang detail dan dialognya gak byk berkesan. Tp ckp layak dbaca.
Rosalind
Dec 29, 2011 Rosalind rated it really liked it
Another fantastic book by Beverly Barton. I am rarely disappointed!! I had suspicions about the ending early into the book, but still enjoyed the journey. Some great scenes between Reed and Ella! Definitely recommend!
Ceacily cici Sherly
Menurut w,thrillernya biasa aja...gag ky' buku2 BB laennya yg bikin w merinding bcnya...cerita yg ini cm seputar keluarga Porter aja...
Tp kalo bc buku ini,harus pegang kipas or duduk di bwh Ac ato kipas angin...dijamin kepanasan deh...^^
Titis Wardhana
Mar 31, 2010 Titis Wardhana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Menurut gw, ini Beverly Barton yang paling oke, karakter cewe ma cowo nya oke, chemistrynya oke juga hehhehe
Amy
May 23, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
A great read! A suspenseful, sexy, and fast-paced story that won't disappoint romantic suspense fans....
Ayu Wirdha
Oct 22, 2012 Ayu Wirdha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow....chemistry antara Ella dan Reed bagus banget. Yang bikin miris semua orang kyknya selingkuh ya (menyebalkan) untungnya sodara2....hero & heroine-nya setia dong...

Kipas - kipas
Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch
romancenya hot bangett
tapi thrillernya emg biasa ajah
ternyata emang benr pelakunya DIA..
emang udah curiga dr awal seh
^o^
Ridez Meiriza
brasa baca novelnya Linda Howard ^^

bukan BB yg biasanya, tapi tetap suka ma tipe cerita perselisihan 2 keluarga [romeo-juliet lovers ;p:]
Rebecca McNutt
Every Move She Makes was very interesting but not all that original or creative. I did like the main character as well.
Brittany
Aug 13, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
An absolute amazing book, keeps you guessing what will happen next for sure! A definite page turner.
Leah
Oct 01, 2014 Leah rated it it was ok
Not a fan of this. It looked interesting but it was nowhere near as suspenseful as I wanted it to be and I was just disappointed in it, really.
Jessica Brockway
Jessica Brockway rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
  • I'm Watching You
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3; Chicago, #2)
  • Dark Truth (Truth #3; John Mancini #9)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • If She Only Knew (San Francisco #1)
  • Dead Right (Stillwater, #3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)
  • The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
  • Nowhere to Hide
  • Don't Scream
  • Angel Eyes
  • The Wrong Side of Dead (Sweet Justice, #2)
Beverly Marie Inman was born on 23 December 1946 in Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA. Daughter of Doris Marie and Walter D. Inman Jr. A born romantic, she fell in love with The Beauty and the Beast epic at an early age, when her grandfather bought her an illustrated copy of the famous fairy tale. Even before she learned to read and write, her vivid imagination created magical words and fabulous characters ...more
More about Beverly Barton...