Start by marking “Beth Shaw's Yogafit” as Want to Read:
Beth Shaw's Yogafit

Beth Shaw's Yogafit

Whether you are a fitness buff searching for a new challenge or a yoga enthusiast looking to supplement your exercise routine, Beth Shaw's YogaFit will help you reach your ultimate physical potential!

This cutting-edge fitness program combines tough aerobic exercise with strength- and flexibility-building yoga to create a total-body workout.

With YogaFit, you'll experience n
Paperback, Second Edition, 276 pages
Published December 23rd 2008 by Human Kinetics Publishers (first published September 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Beth Shaw's Yogafit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beth Shaw's Yogafit

Feb 10, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Had to read this for the Level 1 course, and though it's mostly walking you through poses and teaching, it was useful. YogaFit makes yoga accessible to people who aren't stereotypical *pretzel people* or could be put off by the stereotypical yoga class. Thanks to Beth Shaw, seniors, people with handicaps, busy moms, people who were told by MDs to try yoga but don't know where to start (or went to a class they didn't like) have an amazing option.

It's not something to just sit down and enjoy-----t
Lisa
Sep 03, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga
I'm currently reading this because it's required reading for YogaFit Level 1 training. There are other books that I have seen and read that are more in-depth for each of the asanas but this would be good for someone fairly new to yoga that wants an Americanized book to help them further their home practice (there are no Sanskrit names to the poses and many useful yoga asanas are missing).
Gina
Feb 02, 2011 Gina rated it liked it
I think this book would be a good primer for someone new to yoga. It show you poses and how to build a practice without the Sanskrit asana names that some can find rather intimidating.

Beth Shaw's Yogafit would also work well for a more-seasoned yoga practioner, however, I found the omission of the Sanskrit names of the asanas to be a bit off-putting. I understand her methodology here, but I think more serious yogis and yoginis will want to know the Sanskrit names.
Carrie
Dec 19, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, yoga
Have completed my first reading of this required book for my YogaFit Level 1 training coming up in January 2013! Easy to understand. My Yoga teacher in Bella Vista was trained by YogaFit, so she teaches from this book. I am looking forward to continuing to learn and grow in my knowledge and love of Yoga.
Kirby Conda
Dec 10, 2014 Kirby Conda rated it really liked it
I read this book in anticipation of taking the level 1 course. I found it a good "basics" book and a nice reference of different types of sequences to start with and expand upon as your practice grows. I find the sequences helpful when I am preparing to teach classes.
Janet
Aug 31, 2010 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga-fit-reading
Very interesting and informative. Easy to follow. May read it through once more, because I want it to really sink in. ;)
Kimberly
Slow day at work today...need to read this for a class in May. Not too much reading, much of it is poses and 3 sample programs. Good info.
Justina
Apr 01, 2014 Justina rated it it was amazing
Read this for YogaFit training and loved it. Very simple and easy to read and understand. Gives great healthy living advice too. Organized well.
Thomas Randle
Sep 03, 2014 Thomas Randle rated it really liked it
Like others, thus is required prior to participation in a Yoga Fit program. Great marketing ploy at $26. Actually, learned from it and have implemented
Some into my classes.
Shannon Dillman
Jun 11, 2013 Shannon Dillman added it
Shelves: health
Another book to add to my yoga collection. I'm thinking of taking the Level 1 course. I'm enrolled in a teacher certification course now but am a sponge and need more.
Jenn
Apr 03, 2009 Jenn rated it really liked it
Great pics and description of poses. Very clear explanations combined with some eastern philosophy..makes it pretty easy to make your yoga practice applicable to all parts of your life.
Hannah Collier
Hannah Collier rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Vanessa Sandoval
Vanessa Sandoval rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Mathieu
Mathieu rated it did not like it
May 30, 2009
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Renee Chatham
Renee Chatham rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2011
Barry
Barry rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Hope Crane
Hope Crane rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2009
Mandi Waller
Mandi Waller rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2009
Keil
Keil rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Darlene Duquette
Darlene Duquette rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Alison
Alison rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2014
Rachel Block-Stewart
Rachel Block-Stewart rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Pathways to Joy: The Master Vivekananda on the Four Yoga Paths to God
  • Hatha Yoga Illustrated: For Greater Strength, Flexibility, and Focus
  • Chakra Balancing: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body [With Cards and Workbook and 2 CDs]
  • Yoga Beyond Belief: Insights to Awaken and Deepen Your Practice
  • The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga's Ethical Practice
  • Afoot and Afield: San Diego County: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide
  • Chakra Meditation: Discover Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom, and Spirit
  • The Language Of Yoga: Complete A To Y Guide To Āsana Names, Sanskrit Terms, And Chants
  • The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
  • Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing
  • Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
  • Journey Into Power: How to Sculpt Your Ideal Body, Free Your True Self,  and Transform Your Life With Yoga
  • Krishnamacharya: His Life and Teachings