Start by marking “The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)

The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia #5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,133 ratings  ·  34 reviews
The start of the American Revolution puts both Nicole and Anne in danger. A bestselling and award-winning historical series! Book 5 of Song of Acadia.
Audio
Published December 1st 2006 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Beloved Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beloved Land

Dad
My wife had listened to this on audio book and said it was a good book that dealt with Nova Scotia, where my relatives came from.
I found it a bit slow at first as it wasn't in Nova Scotia but England and Boston. Then about half way through there was a thunderstorm of events taking place and everyone was tying together. At times I didn't know how everyone was related and had a hard time keeping track of them. I don't know if that was purposeful. Anne and Thomas and Gordon and Nicole were confusi
Kristin
Apr 28, 2008 Kristin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristin by: Aunt Paula
Just finished the whole series. Not the best writing ever and the stories got tedious sometimes, but interesting story premise.
Nadine Keels
Thoughts on the entire series.

With these novels, I joined the ranks of readers who know what it is to be in the midst of a series, waiting, even with bated breath, for the next book in the series to be published.

I appreciate the style and language that Bunn clearly brought into this co-written historical fiction saga with Oke. I remember being totally engrossed and on edge during a certain crucial stretch in The Meeting Place and was floored by the unembellished end to that nerve-racking rush: “
Mom
Sad to be at the end of this series. Some loose ends could have been tied up for me - like I would have liked to know what baby Catherine had and how her property in Massachusetts was restored. Also if Anne and Thomas decided to live in America. From the onset of the search for the missing relative left you knew it would tie everyone together somehow. But overall a good series and would recommend it to my friends to read.
Pamela T Lindau
Song of Acadia series

I have just finished reading book #5 in this series and have loved every one of them. Each just flows from one to the next. Wonderfully written series about Nova Scotia, the British, the French and the American Revolution. Felt as if I was actually living in that time.
This book takes place during the American Revelution and it focus on a family who has connections in Canada, Enland and the Americas, and how this challenge was met. The book illustrate the challenges of this family as one or more of their members travel to these areas.
Sarah Doser
Song of Acadia series

I recommend this to anyone who thrives on historical fiction. The writer opens a door into the events of the French/British conflict in Canada by painting a viable picture of human angst turned to hope through faith.
Lori A. Shirley
Wonderful

Wonderful

I absolutely loved this series. It covers all of your emotions and reminds you over and over that God never leaves us. Everyone should read this series.
Eleanor Erdman
A great read.

A good book about faith. A story about true friendship. A great love story about two different people.A story about the French and British war. A story with a happy ending.
F
There is no hold-your-attention storyplot throughout this novel. Anne, born French but raised by an English family and Nicole, born English but raised by a French family, both struggle to find peace with their roots. Nicole's fiance, Gordon Goodwind, deflects from the British navy during the Revolution and supports the American colonists. Anne's husband, Thomas Crowley, mediates a Georgetown, Nova Scotia land dispute between an English homesteader and an original French family descendant. I did ...more
Connie Ray
Loved it

Great story of how love finds a way, if you put your trust, faith in our Heavenly Father. He always knows what is best .
Connie
I love this series.
Anna
Oh wow! This was so amazing! The twist at the end was AMAZING! Such a wonderful way to end the series.
Beth
Did not finish - you had to read the previous books to know what was going on.
Shiloh
Good tale of History, nice wrap up for series. Oke is a great author.
Phyllis C
This concludes the series as the family continues to live in America.
Sheila
This is a historical fiction of the French Acadians and the English at the of the explusion of the French in the 1700's. The first book ist pretty slow until near the end. Then it picks up and is more bearable for the rest of the series.
It's one of those series that when there are no other new books to read, can be read over again.This is the second time I have read the series.
Loraine
The best one of them all I think. I loved the ending and the way everything came together. I especially loved how they all relied on God to help them through whatever trial they were facing. This was set during the revolutionary war and they had trials!! It's always good for me to hear about other people and their faith in God. It strengthens me and mine.
Shannon
Jun 28, 2009 Shannon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults who like religious romance
Recommended to Shannon by: adults who like religious romance
Two girls Anne in England and the Nicole in Boston, during the last days of the American Revolution. When they each receive a letter that takes them on a journey to the Land of their childhood home.
Odetta
I almost didn't listen to this book after Book 4, but I am glad I did. I definitely liked the way this book summed up the series.
Gloria
Books 2-4 in series better than 1 and 5. But interesting still. Acadia were really good. I am glad I ended up reading all 5
Tesh
A beautifully satisfying conclusion to the whole Song of Acadia story.
Christine
I loved the other books but this one took me more than a week to finish...that should say all.
Annalise
Sep 18, 2007 Annalise rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Shelves: historic-fiction
This is the final book. And it's definatly summing up an over all amazing series!! Read it!
Jencey/
This book was the first I read in this series and could not wait to read the others.
Danni
i love histoical fiction. this is a wonderful book about the revolutionary war.
Melissa
Calm, peaceful, beautiful, love-filled, ending. An enjoyable series, for sure!
Rachel
This was a good conclusion to the saga, but I liked the first book the most.
Alison
Sep 24, 2008 Alison rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alison by: My Mom
It's really interesting, but a tiny bit confusing... but i love it!
April
Good ending to the series. Not a perfect ending, but it fits nicely.
  • The Solitary Envoy (Heirs of Acadia, #1)
  • Janette Oke: A Heart for the Prairie
  • The Damascus Way (Acts of Faith, #3)
  • The Pursuit (The English Garden #4)
  • The Eleventh Hour (Secret of the Rose #1)
  • Daughter of the Loom (Bells of Lowell, #1)
  • The Reapers Song (Red River of the North, #4)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
Janette Oke writes with a profound simplicity of what she knows best—real life, honest love, and lasting values. With over 23 million in sales, her historical novels portray the lives of early North American settlers from many walks of life and geographical settings. She also writes engaging children's stories and inspiring gift books that warm the heart.

Janette was born during the depression year
More about Janette Oke...
Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly, #1) When Calls the Heart (Canadian West #1) Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly #2) Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly #3) Love's Abiding Joy

“you of all have the most to forgive.” “Ah, and if so,” he responded, “I have the most blessing to receive after I’ve done so.” 0 likes
“This is life in a fallen world, where wars come and go, where nations rage and people cry in torment. We must be strong, not in ourselves, but in Him. And trust that His love and His wisdom and His light will see us through.” 0 likes