Start by marking “Generation Warriors” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Generation Warriors

Anne McCaffrey

Generation Warriors (Planet Pirates #3)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,766 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Lunzie, fresh from her adventures in "The Death of Sleep", has discovered that the one good heavyworlder she ever met isn't so good after all. Fordeliton, sent to investigate the connection between the super-rich and the planet pirates, is now dying. These are two of the many plots in this book.
Published (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Generation Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Generation Warriors

Dan
Jan 17, 2016 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Reread...
Jeffrey Jelmeland
Like the other two books in this trilogy, this series is "comfort food" for my mind. I know the stories, or am at least relatively familiar with them if it has been a number of years since I last read them, and I tend to turn to books in this category when I am not feeling well or just not wanting to read something new. This volume finally brings together the disparate threads of the two prior books, and brings the overarching story plot to final culmination. My only real complaint is that when ...more
Diana
Nov 08, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An often hair-raising conclusion to the Planet Pirates trilogy, kept my attention throughout

I don't usually go for books that go back and forth in between characters, but in this case it allows you to keep up with the various characters while they are apart working toward the solution to the piracy problem. I liked the way all the characters were brought together in the end to wrap things up.

Some people may have a problem with the sudden and speedy way that everything gets tidied up, but it is
Brian Schiebout
Oct 18, 2013 Brian Schiebout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generation Warriors by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Moon is the fifth book set in the Ireta Universe. This book finishes the story which was started in the first four stories. The story deals with four main characters as the events which came to light with the Thek conference on Ireta some to their summit. The first character is of course the starship commander Sassinak who finds herself called back to a federation headquarters which is dominated by the same evil groups whom she has been combatt ...more
Philena Garey
Jun 15, 2015 Philena Garey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast-moving, action filled book. I had some trouble keeping up.

This book follows a path of right overcoming evil. The two main characters are strong women. Dr. Lunzie and Sassinak. They inspire great loyalty and long-lasting friendships. Due to unexpected episodes in cold-sleep, Lunzie is younger than her great-great-great-granddaughter, Sassinak. They manage to put an end to slavers and planet pirates. Read this book to get the details. Very interesting.
G33z3r
"Generation Warriors" concludes the three novel space opera of the Planet Pirates, as starship Captain Sassinak and her great great great grandmother, Lunzie, (fresh out of her third cryogenic sleep through time) set off to defeat the pirates. The first half is strangely slow moving for a story that picks up immediately after "Sassinak" ended. Still, after bit of setup it gets moving. There's an extensive conspiracy between a few corporations, some crooked government and military officials, and ...more
Adam White
Jul 30, 2015 Adam White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Predictable good ending, but worth getting there. Great read, I was waiting for surgery and this book was a joy. I'm glad I waited to read it, I have a lot of time for Ann McCaffery when she write science fiction - great ideas just bubble under the surface, for your imagination to flesh out.

A series worth reading on cold winter days - it will just make you feel good.
Al
Product Description

Lunzie, fresh from her adventures in The Death of Sleep , has discovered that the one good heavyworlder she ever met isn't so good after all. Fordeliton, sent to investigate the connection between the super-rich and the planet pirates, and is now dying from a mysterious, slow poison. Dupaynil, who has made the mistake of pushing Sassinak too far, and has been exiled to Seti space. Aygar, who is out of prove he has brains as well heavyworlder brawn. And then there's Sassinak,

Josh
Dec 31, 2013 Josh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hoping to finish this series before the end of the year, I decided to go with the abridged audiobook on this one. I made the choice also because I didn't enjoy any of the other books in the series and wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible. And, strangely enough, despite the very short running time, I still don't feel like much happened. The whole story is still confusing and not very interesting to me, and I can't really understand why it is popular amongst certain circles. There is ...more
George Miles
Sep 29, 2015 George Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book the best of any in the series. The ending was a little rushed and a little too much of "hero rides in on white horse and saves the day." But good action and characters I wish there were more books in this universe with these characters.
Heather Hile
Feb 02, 2016 Heather Hile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A great continuation of the Sassinak story. We get more time with other wonderful characters as well; like Lunzie and Ford. I wish there was more to read.
Marc
Feb 06, 2016 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I generally enjoyed it, loved the characters, loved the conspiracy - then the resolution seemed a bit too deus ex machina.
Tumata Garbutt
Aug 25, 2014 Tumata Garbutt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice reading. easy. Want to continue in the same genre.
Carol
Feb 10, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-read for me. As the first book in the Planet Pirates trilogy, I love this book for its illustration of the problems of one type of time travel. This book also ties into The Mystery of Ireta books (2) which I am reading next. The whole series of five books explores a number of themes--prejudice based on size, species and social class, to name a few. I highly recommend the Planet Pirates trilogy. The Mystery of Ireta perhaps not so much.
Claire Smith
May 15, 2014 Claire Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, some awkward passages where things are skipped over, mostly in the final third of the book, but overall I liked this one a lot. The first novel, Sassinak, remains my favourite, but this one isn't half bad. The parallel plotlines don't always quite match up, in terms of linking them together again and characters filling each other in on missed events, but it's not such a big problem that it spoilt my reading.
Carolyn F.
Nov 25, 2013 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book, sci-fi
You really need to read the Dinosaur Planet books in between this Pirate series or you'll miss a lot. I have no idea why they weren't combined.

Good ending, with a semi-HEA even though a lot of good people were sacrificed. Face to black sex scenes. Really enjoyable, perfect length.
Lia
Feb 13, 2011 Lia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Another re-read for me. I enjoy the greater variety of adventures in this as opposed to the first of the series, and of course it has the final ending which is naturally more satisfying. Probably my second favorite of the Planet Pirates books, overall.
Jerry
Jun 05, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this moderately enjoyable, but I probably would have liked it even better if it hadn't been countless months since I've read any other Anne McCaffrey books, including the prior novels in the series. Still, I understood and liked it for the most part.
Ralph McEwen
Nov 08, 2011 Ralph McEwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You should read The Death of Sleep before reading this, action filled space drama conclusion. A fun, easy and quick read that I really liked.
Sharon
I love the characters of Lunzie and Sassinak. This series has a pretty big cast of characters, so the story sometimes gets muddled, but it was fun to read some work from McCaffrey (and Moon) that was more sci-fi than fantasy.
Amanda
May 16, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Theresa
Feb 28, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Generation Warriors (Planet Pirates, #3)
McCaffrey, Anne
how man kind reacts to the militant strugles of space colonization.
Kenneth Flusche
Sep 12, 2013 Kenneth Flusche rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best of the three even if the ending is kinda sketchy, recommend reading in order over a three month period.
Henna Andelin
Oct 05, 2014 Henna Andelin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this trilogy, too bad it just took me forever to read all the three books :D
Nibrock
Lots happens. 4 different stories all combine into one. Quick ending.
Susan
re-read again 11/18/2014
Roberto
Jan 19, 2010 Roberto rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
meh
Terry Bollenbaugh
Terry Bollenbaugh rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
  • Winning Colors (The Serrano Legacy, #3)
  • The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)
  • The Ship Avenged
  • Path of the Fury
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • Intrepid (Kris Longknife, #6)
  • The Ruins of Isis (Starblaze Editions)
Anne McCaffrey was born on April 1st, 1926, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at 1:30 p.m., in the hour of the Sheep, year of the Fire Tiger, sun sign Aries with Taurus rising and Leo mid-heaven (which seems to suggest an early interest in the stars).

Her parents were George Herbert McCaffrey, BA, MA PhD (Harvard), Colonel USA Army (retired), and Anne Dorothy McElroy McCaffrey, estate agent. She had two
More about Anne McCaffrey...

Planet Pirates (3 books)
  • Sassinak (Planet Pirates, #1)
  • The Death of Sleep (Planet Pirates, #2)