Start by marking “Book of Mormon Student Manual Religion 121 and 122” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Book of Mormon Student...

The Church of Jesus Christ ...

Book of Mormon Student Manual Religion 121 and 122 (Institute Manuals)

4.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  361 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A study guide for the LDS scripture; the Book of Mormon.
184 pages
Published 1989 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (first published 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Mormon Student Manual Religion 121 and 122

Kim
Mar 30, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book! It adds so much insight to the Book of Mormon! I really missed reading it over the break between terms. It has helped my testimony grow and deepen a lot!
Sarah Peralta
Apr 06, 2015 Sarah Peralta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best companion piece ti the BoM.
Jeff Stockett
Sep 07, 2011 Jeff Stockett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religous
This study guide was amazing. It's so packed with good information. It has commentary on every chapter in the Book of Mormon. It shares insights from General Authorities on every topic in the Book of Mormon.

There is so much information here, it helped me gain an even deeper understanding of the Book of Mormon. It was awesome to read this as a companion to my Book of Mormon reading. I think everyone should read this through at least once as they study the Book of Mormon.
Tony
Nov 20, 2012 Tony rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read this book many years ago, before the current revisions had been added. I had previously found it a wonderful reference and help in understanding the Book of Mormon. I feel the current version does an even better job of this. The current version includes updated quotes from the apostles, that add layers of meaning to the Book of Mormon as applied in our day. I noticed a trend for some of the quotes to come from certain sources, and I will now be moving to those sources to glean from th ...more
Barbara Lovejoy
May 23, 2016 Barbara Lovejoy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used this manual with my most recent reading of the Book of Mormon. It is excellent and provided me with some wonderful new insights.
Becky
I study this with my scriptures each day. Fascinating insight to verses by the living prophets.
Aaron Hubbard
Oct 06, 2014 Aaron Hubbard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My wife and I have been reading this book along with our Book of Mormon study. It is full of great insights to the Book of Mormon from different General Authorities. Adding this to your Book of Mormon study will help you gain a greater knowledge of the teaching found in the Book of Mormon and will also help strengthen your testimony. This book has changed since I took Book of Mormon class in institute and is now thicker and has more information. This is a great instrument to enhance lessons or t ...more
Robin
Oct 05, 2010 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-home
I read this as a study guide as I read the Book of Mormon. It took me a while because I essentially had to read twice as much every night, and there were far too many nights when I didn't feel like reading that much. But I did finish them both and I definately learned more than if I had just read the Book of Mormon all by itself again. There is no doubt that this is an inspired piece of work. I'm really glad I have it on my shelf.
Tanya
Dec 04, 2014 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, i-own-it
This Book of Mormon student manual is such a huge improvement over the previous edition! It is filled with wonderful quotations from modern prophets and apostles, as well as insights into Book of Mormon culture and geography. It added a lot to my study of the keystone scripture of my religion this time through.
Breeana
Nov 14, 2014 Breeana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book full of truths that regularly enlightened and sometimes astounded me! I highly recommend you read this along with the Book of Mormon. I took so many notes and received lots of personal revelation pertaining to me and my life through this form of study.
Kate
May 10, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
I read this student manual along with my Book of Mormon studying these past few months. I can't remember if this manual is mine from my BYU religion course days or if it's my husband's...regardless, I really enjoyed having this manual as a study companion to the Book of Mormon
Apzmarshl
May 19, 2016 Apzmarshl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read May 18, 2016
So much better using a study guide. Totally deepened my understanding.
Read October 12, 2015
Loved this. Helped me actually study and ponder much deeper than I had been. Made a huge difference.
Ann Johnson Davis
Jul 22, 2008 Ann Johnson Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Great for additional historical info, clarification of doctrinal points. A wonderful companion to reading the Book of Mormon. You can't go wrong with commentary published by the Church itself.
Sam Shumway
Apr 12, 2015 Sam Shumway rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of insights into The Book of Mormon, and many quotations to keep on hand. Stories from the modern prophets and testimonies that build your faith help supplement your reading.
Teri
Jul 16, 2008 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: church-religion
Student manual for my class at Ricks College. Loved it then, and truly appreciate it now. It is barely holding together. Need to have it rebound for, hopefully, many more years of use.
Amandalynn
Dec 22, 2012 Amandalynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church
I used this manual in college for my religion class and will be using it as a reference guide for my sunday school class.

Been released from teaching Sunday school.
Peter
Apr 12, 2012 Peter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Peter by: Required for a class.
This manual may have been better if it were used as more than assigned reading. Like many textbooks, the value lies in how a teacher utilizes it.
Carly
Jul 28, 2013 Carly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this along with the Book of Mormon every day. So helpful and has made reading a lot more enjoyable.
Christine Roach
Oct 12, 2010 Christine Roach rated it it was amazing
Made my scripture study so much more interesting and helped me look forward to scripture study time.
Raejean
Dec 29, 2012 Raejean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This manual helps me stay focused on my studying and get more understanding as I read the Book of Mormon.
Dia P
Apr 03, 2012 Dia P marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-off-on
I have the newer version and I love it, it breaks everything down to simplify it :)
Julie
Apr 04, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved how in depth the information for all the scriptures
Heather
Best book to refer to while reading the Book of Mormon! I love it!
Dale Offret
Dec 04, 2010 Dale Offret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on my mission in Costa Rica and loved it all.
Bridget
May 21, 2008 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
A helpful manual to understand the Book of Mormon.
Jezreel
Apr 17, 2008 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious, sped
Basic
Laura Olson
Laura Olson is currently reading it
May 29, 2016
Tammie
Tammie is currently reading it
May 25, 2016
  • Be Thou An Example
  • Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man
  • The New Testament Made Easier: Part 1: Matthew, Mark, Luke & John
  • Holy Bible: King James Version
  • Book of Mormon Reference Companion
  • The House of the Lord: A Study of Holy Sanctuaries Ancient and Modern
  • History of the Church (Boxed Set)
  • A Witness and a Warning: A Modern-Day Prophet Testifies of the Book of Mormon
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • Meek and Lowly
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)

Institute Manuals (5 books)
  • Old Testament Student Manual 1: Genesis - 2 Samuel
  • Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi
  • The Life and Teachings of Jesus and His Apostles Student Manual
  • Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual

“You may want to write on the board the tender mercies Elder Bednar listed: “blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindness, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts.” Note that these tender mercies are “very personal and individualized” and that we receive them “from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 likes
“When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Proverbs 3:11–12). He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1995, 18; or Ensign, Nov. 1995, 16–17).” 0 likes