Start by marking “Saying It Like It Is” as Want to Read:
Saying It Like It Is

Saying It Like It Is

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Sheri Dew is known for her straightforward, tell-it-like-it-is style. Her personable and engaging approach has made her a favorite among people all over the world. In this collection, she shares some of the simple, stunning, sobering truths that have become her trademark: When we come to understand not only who we are but who we have always been and therefore who we may be ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Saying It Like It Is, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saying It Like It Is

Jerusha Beckstead
I LOVED this book! It was a book full of thoughts by Sheri Dew that were amazing! This book is still in my bag, because I can grab it and read just one thought and be instantly uplifted.
Janet Williams
A daily dose of Sheri Dew will encourage all women to rise up and be who The Lord needs us to be in these latter-days. Love her!
Rayni
Inside the front cover, the synopsis of the book begins:

Sometimes one little thought is all it takes to get you through a complex day, to give you the energy to try a little harder or keep at it, to help you remember why you're here ...

It was just the thing to pick up when I was feeling so deflated, defeated, if you will. I ran out of fingers trying to mark the pages I wanted to remember. It's not my book, but I wish it were. So, I made a blog entry for it. I hope that some day soon I will be ab
Shelese
Such a good book of Sheri Dew's quotes.
I loved this one-

"Imagine what would happen in this Church if every morning six million of us got on our knees and asked our Father who He needed us to reach out to that day. And then imagine if we did it!... Imagine what will happen when we mobilize the sisters of Relief Society to stand together to help build the kingdom. We will see the awakening and arising of a sleeping, slouching giant. ... I invite you to stand tall,...to reach out to someone. To ma
Linda
"If you're serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience." "While life is meant to test, challenge and strengthen us, if we are attempting to negotiate the twists and turns and ups and downs of mortality alone, we're doing it all wrong. Mortality is a test, but it is an open-book test. We have access not only to the divine text but to Him who authored it." Just a couple of the powerful messages in Sheri D ...more
Debra Kaitschuck
When I got this book, I didn't realize it was a book full of Sheri Dew quotes. Some quotes are good and inspiring. Others are mediocre and some are kind of repetitive. I found myself reading some quotes over and over again and wondering what the context was when it was said and/or how it could have been stated so the meaning was a little more clear. I enjoyed the pictures accompanying the quotes.
Meggen
I enjoyed this inspirational, quick read from Sheri Dew. It is full of great quotes and words of wisdom from many of her best loved talks. I especially loved the fact that some of the pictures were taken by Sister Dew and have personal significance to her life.
Molly
This little book full of wisdom was just for me. She really does say it like it is. And "it" is what I needed to hear. Not judging, being our best selves, and focusing on what's important. This is a quick read full of quotes and I recommend it for any mother/woman.
Jamier1947
I love photography and capturing thoughts with pictures. This is a short quote book that each quote is inspiring for women and really hits home. Sometimes it things we really don't say enough. I learned to think harder about what comes out of my mouth.
Kristen
The pictures are beautiful and each saying has a lot of meaning. One of those books that makes you think.

I was hoping for more stories rather than just quotes.

This would make a good book for your office or coffee table.
Stephanie
This book contains such simple gospel doctrine, but the way it is put forth in quotes and sayings makes it priceless. It can be read all at once or one quote at a time. Either way it is profound it what it teaches.
Tammy
There were a few thoughts that were really great, but nothing earth-shattering. It's a nice reminder about our attitudes and roles as women. It's a book of pictures with thoughts, not a "chapter" book.
Shauna
Beautiful photography and filled with powerful quotes from Sheri Dew. This would be a great gift. I like the size of this book. It is like a large coffee table book, yet small enough to tote around.
Stacey Williams
I really liked this book. It was like reading pinches of inspiration each day I read it. I wasn't really surprised because I have enjoyed ALL of the Sheri Dew talks I have ever heard.
Cara
This was a good, quick read. Pretty much a different quote on every page. I'm not super into that kind of stuff, but this one was enjoyable and had some really good quotes in there.
Mtalley2
I love Sheri Dew. She is always saying the things we need to hear. This was a collection of her thoughts and quotes. They are the best snippets of the most amazing talks.
Suzanna
Always love inspiration from Sheri Dew! Lots of wonderful quotes for women but I especially love all the quotes about motherhood. I'll definitely pick this one up again and again!
Laura Walmer
didn't finish it. wasn't my kind of a book. just little thoughts on each page. a little trite. i would have loved the stories behind some of the pictures better.
Martha
Short little tidbits...makes you feel good and also to be a better person. Quick read or just good when you need a quick thought.
Sally
I appreciate having a collection of Sheri Dew's quotes at my fingertips. I will be referring to this little treasure often.
Verona
I love Sheri Dew and anything she writes. She is clear, concise, and right on the money with her values.
Jackie
Loved it. Great gift book and there are a couple of really powerful quotes I want to memorize.
Suzana
I loved it. It is full of thoughts that inspire and encourage. Short and sweet.
Tina
May 18, 2009 Tina is currently reading it
A Mother's Day gift from my lovely daughter. Reading a page a day, and thinking of her.
Janie
I liked to read a quote or two a day. They are inspirational and thought provoking.
Becky
A great book to pick up and flip to a page and gain a little insight each day.
Heather
Awesome and inspiring. Get it, read it, and then share it with a friend!
Janene
Excellent - thought provoking, even life changing.
Danni
I always love sheri Dew. She lifts and inspires all of us.
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • Mary, Martha, And Me:  Seeking the One Thing That Is Needful
  • Trusting Jesus
  • The Remarkable Soul of a Woman
  • When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
  • One Bright Shining Hope
  • When You Can't Do It Alone
  • House of Learning: Getting More from Your Temple Experience
  • A Quiet Heart
  • The Price We Paid: The Extraordinary Story of the Willie and Martin Handcart Pioneers
  • Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson
  • Live, Love, and Learn: Devotional Messages for Women
  • Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman
  • Daughters of God
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Strengthening Our Families: An In-Depth Look at the Proclamation on the Family
  • Lighten Up
62012
Sheri Dew graduated from Brigham Young University. She served as second counselor in the general Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1997 to 2002. In March 2003 the White House appointed her a member of the U.S. Delegation to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. In 2002, Sheri Dew became president and CEO of Deseret Book Company.
More about Sheri L. Dew...
Go Forward with Faith: The Biography of Gordon B. Hinckley No Doubt About It If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard: And Other Reassuring Truths No One Can Take Your Place God Wants A Powerful People

“True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” 54 likes
“Life is a test. It is only a test--meaning that's all it is. Nothing more, but nothing less. It is a test of our convictions and priorities, our faith and faithfulness, our patience and resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires. It is a test to determine if we want to be part of the kingdom of God more than we want anything else.” 48 likes