Start by marking “Saying It Like It Is” as Want to Read:
Saying It Like It Is

Saying It Like It Is

Sheri Dew is known for her straightforward, tell-it-like-it-is style. Her personable and engaging approach has made her a favorite among people all over the world. In this collection, she shares some of the simple, stunning, sobering truths that have become her trademark: When we come to understand not only who we are but who we have always been and therefore who we may be ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Saying It Like It Is, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saying It Like It Is

Molly Christensen
Oct 02, 2016 Molly Christensen rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of Sheri Dew quotes, and I tell ya, she says it like it is! Powerful.
Feb 07, 2010 Rayni rated it it was amazing
Inside the front cover, the synopsis of the book begins:

Sometimes one little thought is all it takes to get you through a complex day, to give you the energy to try a little harder or keep at it, to help you remember why you're here ...

It was just the thing to pick up when I was feeling so deflated, defeated, if you will. I ran out of fingers trying to mark the pages I wanted to remember. It's not my book, but I wish it were. So, I made a blog entry for it. I hope that some day soon I will be ab
Nov 05, 2011 Shelese rated it really liked it
Such a good book of Sheri Dew's quotes.
I loved this one-

"Imagine what would happen in this Church if every morning six million of us got on our knees and asked our Father who He needed us to reach out to that day. And then imagine if we did it!... Imagine what will happen when we mobilize the sisters of Relief Society to stand together to help build the kingdom. We will see the awakening and arising of a sleeping, slouching giant. ... I invite you to stand tall, reach out to someone. To ma
Oct 30, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
"If you're serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience." "While life is meant to test, challenge and strengthen us, if we are attempting to negotiate the twists and turns and ups and downs of mortality alone, we're doing it all wrong. Mortality is a test, but it is an open-book test. We have access not only to the divine text but to Him who authored it." Just a couple of the powerful messages in Sheri D ...more
Debra Kaitschuck
Mar 21, 2013 Debra Kaitschuck rated it liked it
When I got this book, I didn't realize it was a book full of Sheri Dew quotes. Some quotes are good and inspiring. Others are mediocre and some are kind of repetitive. I found myself reading some quotes over and over again and wondering what the context was when it was said and/or how it could have been stated so the meaning was a little more clear. I enjoyed the pictures accompanying the quotes.
Apr 01, 2015 Annette rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Sheri Dew fans
This is a small book filled with Sheri Dew quotes. Each one packs a powerful punch.
It is also filled with beautiful photos, some of which have personal meaning to Sister Dew.
I find it very useful when preparing talks and lessons.
I think this would make a very nice Mother's Day gift.
I highly recommend it for all Sheri Dew fans everywhere.
May 29, 2009 Jamier1947 rated it liked it
I love photography and capturing thoughts with pictures. This is a short quote book that each quote is inspiring for women and really hits home. Sometimes it things we really don't say enough. I learned to think harder about what comes out of my mouth.
Loved this book. It contained some of the best Sheri Dew quotes in one easy to read book. It inspired me to be strong, steadfast, and focused. I marked my favorite quotes so I could go back to them later, and almost every page ended up being marked.
Jul 20, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book contains such simple gospel doctrine, but the way it is put forth in quotes and sayings makes it priceless. It can be read all at once or one quote at a time. Either way it is profound it what it teaches.
Dec 13, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, inspiring
This little book full of wisdom was just for me. She really does say it like it is. And "it" is what I needed to hear. Not judging, being our best selves, and focusing on what's important. This is a quick read full of quotes and I recommend it for any mother/woman.
Sep 17, 2010 Meggen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this inspirational, quick read from Sheri Dew. It is full of great quotes and words of wisdom from many of her best loved talks. I especially loved the fact that some of the pictures were taken by Sister Dew and have personal significance to her life.
Mar 17, 2009 Tammy rated it liked it
There were a few thoughts that were really great, but nothing earth-shattering. It's a nice reminder about our attitudes and roles as women. It's a book of pictures with thoughts, not a "chapter" book.
Jun 18, 2009 Kristen rated it liked it
The pictures are beautiful and each saying has a lot of meaning. One of those books that makes you think.

I was hoping for more stories rather than just quotes.

This would make a good book for your office or coffee table.
Mar 15, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
Saying It Like It Is is a small book of Sheri Dew quotes and pictures. Some of the pictures are from the personal collection of the author. This is a great book to read from if you need a quick pick-me-up. Sheri's words are always inspiring. 4.5 stars.
Jerusha Beckstead
Apr 28, 2014 Jerusha Beckstead rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration
I LOVED this book! It was a book full of thoughts by Sheri Dew that were amazing! This book is still in my bag, because I can grab it and read just one thought and be instantly uplifted.
Janet Williams
Jun 23, 2014 Janet Williams rated it it was amazing
A daily dose of Sheri Dew will encourage all women to rise up and be who The Lord needs us to be in these latter-days. Love her!
I love Sheri Dew. She is always saying the things we need to hear. This was a collection of her thoughts and quotes. They are the best snippets of the most amazing talks.
Jan 03, 2016 Saralyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivational
Some of my favorite quotes by Sheri Dew are in here with beautiful pictures. uplifting and inspiring.
Mar 19, 2013 Martha rated it really liked it
Short little tidbits...makes you feel good and also to be a better person. Quick read or just good when you need a quick thought.
Stacey Williams
Jul 05, 2009 Stacey Williams rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It was like reading pinches of inspiration each day I read it. I wasn't really surprised because I have enjoyed ALL of the Sheri Dew talks I have ever heard.
Jun 06, 2009 Cara rated it liked it
This was a good, quick read. Pretty much a different quote on every page. I'm not super into that kind of stuff, but this one was enjoyable and had some really good quotes in there.
Mar 09, 2009 Sally rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion
I appreciate having a collection of Sheri Dew's quotes at my fingertips. I will be referring to this little treasure often.
May 17, 2009 Suzanna rated it it was amazing
Always love inspiration from Sheri Dew! Lots of wonderful quotes for women but I especially love all the quotes about motherhood. I'll definitely pick this one up again and again!
Laura Walmer
Jun 12, 2009 Laura Walmer rated it it was ok
didn't finish it. wasn't my kind of a book. just little thoughts on each page. a little trite. i would have loved the stories behind some of the pictures better.
Mar 07, 2009 Shauna rated it it was amazing
Beautiful photography and filled with powerful quotes from Sheri Dew. This would be a great gift. I like the size of this book. It is like a large coffee table book, yet small enough to tote around.
Apr 20, 2012 Verona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sheri Dew and anything she writes. She is clear, concise, and right on the money with her values.
April Jacob
April Jacob rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2012
Cake4me rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2009
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Amy Jensen burgess
Amy Jensen burgess rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • When You Can't Do It Alone
  • Mary, Martha, And Me:  Seeking the One Thing That Is Needful
  • When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
  • Trusting Jesus
  • Daughters of God
  • The Holy Secret
  • The Promise of Enough: Seven Principles of True Abundance
  • Because He First Loved Us
Sheri Dew graduated from Brigham Young University. She served as second counselor in the general Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1997 to 2002. In March 2003 the White House appointed her a member of the U.S. Delegation to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. In 2002, Sheri Dew became president and CEO of Deseret Book Company.
More about Sheri Dew...

“True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” 56 likes
“Life is a test. It is only a test--meaning that's all it is. Nothing more, but nothing less. It is a test of our convictions and priorities, our faith and faithfulness, our patience and resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires. It is a test to determine if we want to be part of the kingdom of God more than we want anything else.” 49 likes