Start by marking “Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking, #3)

Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking Era #3)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,796 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Merrik Haraldsson, the younger brother of Rorik, the Lord of Hawkfell Island, embarks on a journey that begins in Kiev where he comes away with two slaves--Laren and her younger brother. Laren wants to tell stories to earn enough silver and gold to buy her and her little brother from Merik, only he refuses to sell her. And now that she's his, he must protect her when she's ...more
Published April 1st 1994 by Jove (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Raven's Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Raven's Peak

Regan Walker
Jan 23, 2014 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, vikings
Intriguing Viking Tale with a heroine who is a Skald, a teller of stories

This is the third in Coulter’s Viking series (see list below) and the second in her Viking trilogy. As with the others, it’s a good one. And, it’s rather unique. The heroine is a skald (a storyteller), so there are stories within the story and very cleverly done, too. I admire Coulter’s ability to do that so smoothly. She gives us a feeling for how important storytelling was to the Viking culture while weaving it into an in
Ana T.
Nov 06, 2008 Ana T. rated it liked it
After posting the list of Viking romances to the ERT group I discovered I had Catherine Coulter's Lord of Raven's Peak in the TBR pile and decided to read it.

It was not as bad as I thought it be, I must say Merrick was quite a civilized and non violent viking which surprised me. I thought the story could use more depth and somethings we a bit odd but in general it was entertaining and a bit surprising. As to the story Merrick, a viking, is in Kiev to buy slaves when he sees a little boy of six
Karen
Dec 16, 2010 Karen rated it it was ok
This got boring about half-way through so I don't even want to finish it.
Juana "Darkness" Duran
The future seemed bleak to Laren and her brother Taby. Until one day their savior came and wisked them away from the tortures of slave life. Their savior was Merrick, a viking from Norway that was both fair and just or as close to that as it was possible. After Merrick saved Laren from the person she was sold to, his men and Taby plus another slave were taken on his long boat to sale away to their home town. When Merrick sees the pain and hatred in their eyes he just wants it to stop. He takes c ...more
Maureen Feeney
Apr 15, 2010 Maureen Feeney rated it really liked it
Karen  Boruff
Sep 27, 2014 Karen Boruff rated it liked it
Coulter is an excellent writer, so her stories are enjoyable. This was the final story in the trilogy for me....read out of order. And for some reason, the story just didn't grab me. I couldn't get into the charachters. I did enjoy the other two books...so suspect this was just one of those....not quit a hit, thing. It was an enjoyable, easy read.
Diane Wachter
Lord of Raven's Peak, Viking Bk 3, Catherine Coulter, PB-B @ 1994, 1/08. Merrick rescues a small boy in a slave market after the older brother is sold. Then he rescues the older brother, who turns out to be Laren, an older sister. Okay.
Le Anne
Jan 23, 2016 Le Anne rated it it was amazing
A wonderful job by Catherine Coulter. A must read.
S Miller
Jun 04, 2016 S Miller added it
Shelves: c
Used - Good - binding worn
Annette Meier
Mar 10, 2016 Annette Meier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goid story - not as mean-spirited as the others.
Mary Rad
Great book.
Tami Miller
Feb 07, 2015 Tami Miller rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-other
I wasn't impressed with the Viking Series.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I tried to get into Vikings and I realized, they do not do much for me. It is Ms. Coulter so the story is very well written. The slave part is what attracted me... hoping for some dirty sexy loving. For back in 1999, it was maybe a bit risque.
Crystal
Sep 23, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: soft-copy, 4-star
I enjoyed the story and all the characters. I couldn't put the book down. It was interesting how the author made all the bad things that happened to the heroine before the start of the book, well most of them.
April
Feb 10, 2013 April rated it really liked it
What a great story! I laughed and cried many times! Such wonderful writing and really engaging characters!! I love this authors work!!

I am currently on a Regency kick and this one was terrific!!
E. R.
May 27, 2010 E. R. rated it it was amazing
This was one of my first romance novels that I've received and read. Thus, it holds a special place in my heart. I have fond memories of this book, and won't part with it.
Ashleighloveland
Nov 28, 2008 Ashleighloveland rated it it was ok
Some interesting premise stuff, some character (mostly potential), lots of awkward exposition, some annoying stupidity.
Luckngrace
Jun 26, 2010 Luckngrace rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The old Viking customs and ways was enlightening and encouraged my reading the whole series. I loved them all.
Sue
Sep 07, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
Very good main characters. The man is tough without being macho. And the heroine saves herself.
Lia Rock lantz
Feb 06, 2013 Lia Rock lantz rated it really liked it
Loved this story. And, there's that Rorik again! I enjoyed this book for an afternoon.
Lesli
May 27, 2013 Lesli rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 1994
Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance.
Daelith
May 22, 2008 Daelith marked it as did-not-finish
Made it to page 212 before calling it quits.
BJ Rose
Viking Novels #3
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Tammie
Tammie is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Renee
Renee added it
Jun 28, 2016
Brenda
Brenda added it
Jun 28, 2016
Haley D
Haley D marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: add ISBN number 6 22 Jun 03, 2014 05:30PM
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Lord Of My Heart (Dark Champion #1)
  • Viking!
  • Edin's Embrace
  • Desired
  • The Tarnished Lady (Viking I, #3)
  • Surrender My Love (Haardrad Viking Family, #3)
  • Impulse
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Tears of Gold
  • Swan Road
  • Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)
  • Alinor (The Roselynde Chronicles, #2)

Viking Era (4 books)
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • Lord of Hawkfell Island (Viking, #2)
  • Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #4)