Fried Green Zombies

Fried Green Zombies

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Chett and Harry are two recently unemployed construction workers on their way to a weekend of beer, Southern Comfort, and frog gigging at their musty-rusted 1970's RV parked at their favorite hunting camp when they stumble on Bob, the mysterious, busty, burqa-clad, non-English speaking beauty just standing in the middle of nowhere on the side of dusty Nine Mile Cutoff in r...more
Published December 22nd 2008

Patrick D'Orazio
Did you ever see one of those news reports about the guys who live out in the country being abducted by aliens and telling a whole story about how they were probed and such? Well, this story could serve as an adendum to that with Chett and Harry, our two hillbilly buddies who discover aliens, zombies, and 4x4's from hell.

The story really starts out with our two hicks just trying to have a relaxed time out hunting and fishing, but they stumble on a tall, burqa wearin' hotty who doesn't speak Eng...more
Brian
Equal parts horror and comedy. I'd have to say, this book reminds me a lot of "Tremors" and that's a very good thing.

I'd love to see this done on the big screen.
James Collins
Like a B-rated movie put to literature. Amusing...
Tracy Dobbs
Another zombie book...I saw this title on an amazon forum thread and the description sounded entertaining. I enjoyed it. It is a quirky and humorous story with a some LOL moments. It started a bit slow - a lot of switching from viewpoint to viewpoint. Once the threads pulled together, though, and the zombies showed up, it picked up the pace.

And besides just how many books are there with rednecks, corrupt lawmen, one lonely geek, a hot space alien babe, space alien redneck drugrunners, and zombi...more
Rachel Tsoumbakos
I bought this book for the name alone. I assumed the book would be about zombies - and boy oh boy, was I right. While this book is not the most well-written book I have ever read, it certainly makes up for it in other areas. I found the pace fast and the humour hilarious. It you want a fun read, then this is certainly it. How can you go wrong when there are rednecks, burqa-wearing space hotties and zombies out to get you?
April Parrish
I absolutely loved this book. If you are looking for mindless fluff this is the book for you. Its laugh-out-loud funny, quirky, kind of gross, and could be a little scary towards the end (depending on the person). The book has aliens in a spaceship, a female alien in a burka (aka BOB), zombies, hillbillies, crooked cops, and hot dogs that dance. Fans of Christopher Moore might like this book.
Kristin Howell
Rating: 3.5/5

This was a funny and unique story about zombies and aliens. It's a little weird and not your average zombie apocalypse, but it was very creative.

If you're looking for The Walking Dead kind of zombie story, this isn't it, but it was still enjoyable, if a little awkward at times.

I listened to the audiobook of this story, downloaded free through the podcasts on my Windows phone.
Karen

I am not usually a reader of "zombie" novels, but when I saw that this one was set in nearby Bovina, Mississippi, I had to check it out.
While this will never make the 'New York Times' best seller list, I found it quite entertaining. I was unable to read this in bed after my husband went to sleep, lest I wake him with my giggles.
Can't wait for John Allen to write a sequel!
Lori Whitwam
A mixed bag. Parts were clever and hilarious while others dragged. Crooked sheriff, aliens, and zombies... this made it hard to keep track of who Chett and Harry most needed to fear, and who the secondary characters should fear. I was unsure which plot line I should be following to the end, to decide how satisfied I should be with the conclusion.
Dave
Chris
I loved this book! Rednecks battling zombies. Can't wait for the next one.
Mat Dolton
A great comical look at the zombie side of things :)
Sandro
Sandro marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rose
Rose added it
Jun 08, 2014
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jun 03, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
O-Dog
O-Dog is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2013