Start by marking “Fried Green Zombies” as Want to Read:
Fried Green Zombies

Fried Green Zombies

Chett and Harry are two recently unemployed construction workers on their way to a weekend of beer, Southern Comfort, and frog gigging at their musty-rusted 1970's RV parked at their favorite hunting camp when they stumble on Bob, the mysterious, busty, burqa-clad, non-English speaking beauty just standing in the middle of nowhere on the side of dusty Nine Mile Cutoff in r ...more
Published December 22nd 2008

To ask other readers questions about Fried Green Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fried Green Zombies

J. Duck
Jun 16, 2016 J. Duck rated it it was amazing
Downloaded the free podcast of the book from Librivox.org for the car rides to and from work.

Entertaining story full of blood, guts, zombies and space babes. Kept me laughing and shaking my head with each chapter.
Brian
Apr 07, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, comedy, thriller
Equal parts horror and comedy. I'd have to say, this book reminds me a lot of "Tremors" and that's a very good thing.

I'd love to see this done on the big screen.
James Collins
Jun 19, 2010 James Collins rated it liked it
Like a B-rated movie put to literature. Amusing...
Patrick D'Orazio
Nov 05, 2010 Patrick D'Orazio rated it really liked it
Did you ever see one of those news reports about the guys who live out in the country being abducted by aliens and telling a whole story about how they were probed and such? Well, this story could serve as an adendum to that with Chett and Harry, our two hillbilly buddies who discover aliens, zombies, and 4x4's from hell.

The story really starts out with our two hicks just trying to have a relaxed time out hunting and fishing, but they stumble on a tall, burqa wearin' hotty who doesn't speak Eng
Tracy Dobbs
May 31, 2009 Tracy Dobbs rated it really liked it
Another zombie book...I saw this title on an amazon forum thread and the description sounded entertaining. I enjoyed it. It is a quirky and humorous story with a some LOL moments. It started a bit slow - a lot of switching from viewpoint to viewpoint. Once the threads pulled together, though, and the zombies showed up, it picked up the pace.

And besides just how many books are there with rednecks, corrupt lawmen, one lonely geek, a hot space alien babe, space alien redneck drugrunners, and zombi
Rachel Tsoumbakos
Aug 30, 2011 Rachel Tsoumbakos rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
I bought this book for the name alone. I assumed the book would be about zombies - and boy oh boy, was I right. While this book is not the most well-written book I have ever read, it certainly makes up for it in other areas. I found the pace fast and the humour hilarious. It you want a fun read, then this is certainly it. How can you go wrong when there are rednecks, burqa-wearing space hotties and zombies out to get you?
Lori Whitwam
A mixed bag. Parts were clever and hilarious while others dragged. Crooked sheriff, aliens, and zombies... this made it hard to keep track of who Chett and Harry most needed to fear, and who the secondary characters should fear. I was unsure which plot line I should be following to the end, to decide how satisfied I should be with the conclusion.
Kristin Howell
Oct 24, 2013 Kristin Howell rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Rating: 3.5/5

This was a funny and unique story about zombies and aliens. It's a little weird and not your average zombie apocalypse, but it was very creative.

If you're looking for The Walking Dead kind of zombie story, this isn't it, but it was still enjoyable, if a little awkward at times.

I listened to the audiobook of this story, downloaded free through the podcasts on my Windows phone.
Karen
May 21, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it

I am not usually a reader of "zombie" novels, but when I saw that this one was set in nearby Bovina, Mississippi, I had to check it out.
While this will never make the 'New York Times' best seller list, I found it quite entertaining. I was unable to read this in bed after my husband went to sleep, lest I wake him with my giggles.
Can't wait for John Allen to write a sequel!
April Parrish
Apr 05, 2011 April Parrish rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. If you are looking for mindless fluff this is the book for you. Its laugh-out-loud funny, quirky, kind of gross, and could be a little scary towards the end (depending on the person). The book has aliens in a spaceship, a female alien in a burka (aka BOB), zombies, hillbillies, crooked cops, and hot dogs that dance. Fans of Christopher Moore might like this book.
Dave
Apr 26, 2012 Dave rated it did not like it
Chris
Dec 09, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Rednecks battling zombies. Can't wait for the next one.
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
John Farmer
John Farmer rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Christie Rhodes
Christie Rhodes rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2014
John Allen
John Allen rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Rich Bussom
Rich Bussom rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Cheetah
Cheetah rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2010
Serena D
Serena D rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2012
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2010
Sethshaun
Sethshaun rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Rob
Rob rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2012
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Jessica McQuaig
Jessica McQuaig rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Brian Baird
Brian Baird rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2009
Esther
Esther rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2009
Zack
Zack rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Lila
Lila rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013