Start by marking “Leopard Lord” as Want to Read:
Leopard Lord

Leopard Lord

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Romantic fantasy at its best--from an exciting new voice in the genre! The successor to the barony of Leopard's Gard has made a wicked deal with the dark god, and now he must choose between the lives of his countrymen--and the woman he loves.
Published March 1st 1999 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Leopard Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leopard Lord

Brownbetty
Feb 12, 2008 Brownbetty rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: connoisseurs of the truly awful books
I'm inserting posts from my livejournal in this review, because I believe this to be the only way to properly convey the experience of reading this book, for me:
***
Oh man, you guys! YOU GUYS! I'm reading Leopard Lord and it's SO BAD. I feel like a dog who has just found a half decayed and fetid fish. I just want to ROLL IN IT.

Further updates as events warrant.

ETA: (from comments)

thete1: You must share!
Betty: OH MAN. See, his dad's all evil, and stuff, but he's totally gonna be super-good once hi
Janice (Janicu)
Story of Lord Varian who can change into a leopard, but who is controlled by an evil god because his father forced him to swear an oath of fealty as a young boy. He marries a travelling merchant's daughter (Cathlin), at the command of his god. Cathlin has no idea of her new husband's secrets, and the bargain he made to sacrifice his wife to his god to be free from the evil god's power. I would recommend this as a quick light read. A little formulaic, probably more enjoyable to someone who doesn' ...more
Jenn
*** NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS ***
When his soul is given up to the Dark God by his evil father and he is forced to commit atrocities against the people he's sworn to protect Varian strike a deal with the god he loathes, his people's freedom from his tyranny in exchange for the life of his virgin bride - a woman he barely knows who the Dark One sees as a threat.

What he didn't count on was falling in love with the trader girl he's married and being unable to imagine life without her i
Emily
Found this on my shelf while moving books around and didn't remember it. Must have originally read it a long, long time ago... sadly, it didn't age well. Heavy writing, cliche characters and very predictable plot.
Sinensis
One of those memorable books from long ago. I remember reading this book a long time ago in like middle school and loving it. I will be definitely re-reading this book again soon.
Caitlin (Ayashi)
I was in high school when I read this book, and I absolutely loved it. One of the few times I lost sleep in order to finish a book!
Lauren
Not bad, but the ending was rushed (it seemed way too easy) and the plot wasn't very intricate.
Edward Richmond
Edward Richmond marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
May 07, 2015
ShyPageSniffer
ShyPageSniffer marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Alessa Denison
Alessa Denison marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
Jan 03, 2015
Kellie Donajkowski
Kellie Donajkowski marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
A.
A. added it
Sep 02, 2014
Erin Dall
Erin Dall marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014