Start by marking “Leopard Lord” as Want to Read:
Leopard Lord

Leopard Lord

Romantic fantasy at its best--from an exciting new voice in the genre! The successor to the barony of Leopard's Gard has made a wicked deal with the dark god, and now he must choose between the lives of his countrymen--and the woman he loves.
Published March 1st 1999 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Leopard Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leopard Lord

Brownbetty
Feb 02, 2008 Brownbetty rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: connoisseurs of the truly awful books
I'm inserting posts from my livejournal in this review, because I believe this to be the only way to properly convey the experience of reading this book, for me:
***
Oh man, you guys! YOU GUYS! I'm reading Leopard Lord and it's SO BAD. I feel like a dog who has just found a half decayed and fetid fish. I just want to ROLL IN IT.

Further updates as events warrant.

ETA: (from comments)

thete1: You must share!
Betty: OH MAN. See, his dad's all evil, and stuff, but he's totally gonna be super-good once hi
Janice (Janicu)
Jun 24, 2008 Janice (Janicu) rated it did not like it
Story of Lord Varian who can change into a leopard, but who is controlled by an evil god because his father forced him to swear an oath of fealty as a young boy. He marries a travelling merchant's daughter (Cathlin), at the command of his god. Cathlin has no idea of her new husband's secrets, and the bargain he made to sacrifice his wife to his god to be free from the evil god's power. I would recommend this as a quick light read. A little formulaic, probably more enjoyable to someone who doesn' ...more
Jenn
May 23, 2011 Jenn rated it really liked it
*** NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS ***
When his soul is given up to the Dark God by his evil father and he is forced to commit atrocities against the people he's sworn to protect Varian strike a deal with the god he loathes, his people's freedom from his tyranny in exchange for the life of his virgin bride - a woman he barely knows who the Dark One sees as a threat.

What he didn't count on was falling in love with the trader girl he's married and being unable to imagine life without her i
Emma
Sep 14, 2015 Emma rated it it was amazing
This book is about Varian, who is a baron, a were-leopard (snow leopard to be exact), and bound to the dark god. He makes a deal with the god to give him his wife - as a virgin - so he can free his people from the god's cruelty.

I think Varian is the reason why I love this book so much. He's such a great person. His father is completely awful, but Varian inherited his mother's kindness. He really cares about his people and does all he can to make them better. He despises slavery and keeps his wor
Emily
Sep 08, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Found this on my shelf while moving books around and didn't remember it. Must have originally read it a long, long time ago... sadly, it didn't age well. Heavy writing, cliche characters and very predictable plot.
Caitlin (Ayashi)
Sep 29, 2009 Caitlin (Ayashi) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I was in high school when I read this book, and I absolutely loved it. One of the few times I lost sleep in order to finish a book!
Sinensis
Mar 31, 2013 Sinensis rated it it was amazing
One of those memorable books from long ago. I remember reading this book a long time ago in like middle school and loving it. I will be definitely re-reading this book again soon.
Lauren
Aug 30, 2011 Lauren rated it it was ok
Not bad, but the ending was rushed (it seemed way too easy) and the plot wasn't very intricate.
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Katherine Faust
Katherine Faust rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2014
Marina
Marina rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2011
Caroline Berg
Caroline Berg rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Mlewis
Mlewis rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Umbrea
Umbrea rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Renn Karta
Renn Karta rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Annie M
Annie M rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2008
Chris Rusanowski
Chris Rusanowski rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2014
Leanne
Leanne rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Margie Adams
Margie Adams rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Staplegun
Staplegun rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2009
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2011
Cara
Cara rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2008
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013