Start by marking “Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)

Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Was he her savior or her worst nightmare?

Ariel Cooper is about to marry her soul mate, but she has a secret. She can see ghosts. For years Ariel's resented her gift, believing it a curse. She's been hiding it from her powerful, brooding fiance, David, afraid that he wouldn't understand. But now she has to tell him.

Twenty years ago, she and her two sisters were separated
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #6, 296 pages
Published December 1st 2006 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Audrey
I reread this book actually.
I did read it in 2010 I think in french, and I liked it.
But today I reread it and it is horrible.

The characters I loved before where completely insipid.
There is no dialogues.

Ariel just know how to say: "David..." it's just the ponctuation which changed.
And David , just know how to say her name, and "Are you alright..."
This is the dialogue between the two main characters during the all book.
It is pathetic.

And the author want us to believe they are maddly in love. Well
Cindy
When I found these, online, I had no idea they were Nocturne novels. I read all three and found myself looking for a fourth (she DID leave an open ending.) Good characters, interesting twists and turns.
Christina (AKA Babbling)
Ariel Cooper is descended for a long line of witches, each who had a different "gift". Ariel's gift is that she can see the dead. When she and her sisters - Elena, the eldest and Irina, the youngest - were children, they were taken from their mother. Before that event, Myra Cooper told them the family legend and gave each of her daughters one of the family charms to help protect them. Ariel and her sisters were separated and she hasn't see them since.

To read the rest, please visit Christina Babb
Virginia
was ok. a couple of red herrings made it intriguing. I didn't like the characters though, and there was a lot of show-not-tell.
Kristina Jo
There was some grammar stuff that bugged me, but nothing big enough to mention here. I still wasn't thrilled with it, though, and it wasn't worth losing the sleep I could have gotten if I had plugged my ears up and done my homework instead of drowning out my brother's tv with reading. And it definitely wasn't worth the stress of worrying about getting the assignment done in time. Point being, it's not a book to make more important than just about anything else. If I could do-over, I'd read it du ...more
Deirdre
Ariel Cooper sees ghosts she has kept the truth from her fiance David, who's powerful and brooding. Twenty years ago she and her sisters were separated to protect them but now the hunt is on again and she has to find her sisters and find out who is hunting them. The more she learns about her past the more secretive he becomes, is he involved with the mysterious people hunting her?

It's interesting, the characters aren't bad and there were occasions that my assumptions were proven wrong, overall n
Rinou
I liked the prologue, the origins of the witch hunts were well described! And then everything went down.

The hero is too smooth. The author wanted him to be suspected, but it failed, and suddenly the hero is no more interesting than mysterious.

The heroine annoyed me. Up to 10 pages from the end she goes on doubting the hero. Plus she has a gift that may be very useful and she do not know how to use it.

Of course the end is not really one in order to force us to buy the other book to know what happ
Shawn
Aerial can see ghosts and is from a long line of gypsy women with special abilities. Someone is trying to kill her and her long lost sisters for their powers and he is a descendent from the original family believed wronged 350 yrs ago. Romance thrown in the mix..found this by accident browsing my library and am glad I read it.. now have to read the other 2 in the series. The sisters are being hunted and need to find out who wants to kill them. Great read!!!
Mirella Grace
Ceritanya gimana ya? Biasa aja sih. Nothing special about this book. Cuma memang baik Ariel maupun David sama sama nyimpen rahasia, jadi hubungan mereka maju mundur gitu. Masalah dendam dan kutukan yang menimpa Ariel dan saudari2 nya... Itu yang bikin penasaran... Jadi pengen baca seri 2 nya, cerita tentang Elena -kakak Ariel- sang pemegang jimat bintang.
signorina Vei
David....
haha. Dia cuma manusia biasa, tp dia ngelakuin semuanya buat ngelindungin cewe nya dari perburuan penyihir. Kasian banget pas Ariel malah ragu sama dia padahal dia ngelakuin semuanya buat bantu Ariel. Seharusnya gw kasih review yg bagus tp gada kata lain selain : mending baca sendiri..
Carole Workman
This is the first in the witch hunt triology put out by Harlequin Nocturne.
Charlotte Gates
Charlotte Gates marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Henry Semiloore
Henry Semiloore marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Kat Suchocki
Kat Suchocki marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Dini Fajri
Dini Fajri marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Lyn Mckenzie
Lyn Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Kiki
Kiki marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Julia Rivas
Julia Rivas marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Sherry Sandlin
Sherry Sandlin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Oct 23, 2014
Alexadria Vorndran
Alexadria Vorndran marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Chrysti Riehl
Chrysti Riehl marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Brandy Crites
Brandy Crites marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Dark Seduction (Daughters of Myth #2)
  • Guardian's Keep (Unbound #2)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • Last of the Ravens
  • Dark Lies (Valorian Chronicles #2)
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)
  • Blood Son
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Rising Darkness (Dark Enchantments #2)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)
  • Scions: Insurrection (Scions #2)

Lisa Childs was born on 31 October, a Halloween birthday predestined her to a life of writing suspense. Born soft-spoken into a big, boisterous family where only he who speaks loudest is heard, she learned early to express herself through the written word. She has been writ
More about Lisa Childs...
Damned (Witch Hunt #3) Persecuted (Witch Hunt #2) Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4) Deja Vu Immortal Bride

“Ketika kau mencintai seseorang, secara otomatis kau menerima segala sesuatu tentang dirinya. Hal-hal yang menjadikan dirinya apa adanya, itulah yang mebuatmu mencintainya. (David Koster - Haunted (Teratu))” 4 likes