Start by marking “The Dream Dictionary from A to Z: The Ultimate A–Z to Interpret the Secrets of Your Dreams” as Want to Read:

Unlock the secrets of your dreamlife with the most comprehensive A–Z reference book on dream interpretation you'll ever find.

Have you ever wondered what your dreams are trying to tell you? Now you can finally find out.

Packed with fascinating information, The Dream Dictionary from A to Z is an extensive collection of the symbols that appear in your dreams and how to interpr
Published March 5th 2009 by Harper Element (first published February 15th 2008)

Marla
Jan 02, 2017 Marla rated it really liked it
I love referring to this about my different dreams.
Jamie Siemsen
Apr 21, 2012 Jamie Siemsen rated it it was amazing
Sometimes my dreams are funky. Like, someone spiked my punch funky. And looking them up in this books is vastly entertaining... HAH
Rebecca Curtis
Jul 30, 2013 Rebecca Curtis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Love this book to use to reference mine and others dreams.
April
Jan 25, 2009 April rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dawson, Ronnie & Amy
So far I have found the interpretations in this book really insightful. I am enjoying having this as a resource to decrypt my psyche.
Liz
May 13, 2017 Liz rated it did not like it
Anyone vaguely familiar with modern psychology understands that the importance of dreams in a Freudian context has debunked in modern times. The random activation theory of dreams, which is most plausible, suggests that dreams arise from the random firing of the most recently used and most developed neural pathways. I.e., dreams are completely random and don't carry unconscious significance.
It's so evident by the passages that the author made things up or just stole from Freud and Jung, psycholo
Charlotte
Feb 06, 2016 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-age
The Dream Dictionary from A to Z is a fascinating book. I have quite a peculiar interest in dream analysis and it's just pure fun to read the possible archetypes and symbols that are quite common in various cultures.

The format is quite practical, listing a bunch of things in alphabetical order, and the best part is you can look at certain features that might have appeared in your dreams, then add it up to come up with your own interpretation.

It's a book that's meant to be picked up and browsed
Riakeem Kelley
Jul 25, 2014 Riakeem Kelley rated it really liked it
Very good tool for those curious or interested in dreams or dreamology, if you will. I didn't read this cover to cover, but I often use it as a reference when I have a dream.

Example: Have you ever dreamed about your teeth falling out? Well this book has fun answers to what that could mean.

The only reason this book has a 4 is because almost everything in it can be found with a quick Google Search. However, the binding of it all holds a relevant magic to those who seek it.

Great.

Riakeem
Haley
Oct 04, 2012 Haley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dreams, reference
This book is so interesting and insightful - whenever I have a cool dream the first thing I want to do is analyze it by looking it up in this book. It covers almost any dream you could have, and it is so neat because the interpretations make so much sense!
Hannah
Dec 06, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing
This book really opened my eyes about how our brain works. Its very interesting. It is literally a dream dictionary and its crazy how the definitions actually relate to why you dreamed that dream. The book is pretty long, but its worth it.
Twidlebug
May 13, 2011 Twidlebug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book on sale for $4.99 at Barnes and Noble. I have some crazy dreams so I thought it woudl be fun to look up what they mean. It has been fun trying to use this book to figure out what my subconscious is trying to tell me.
アレツクス コツト
Nov 19, 2013 アレツクス コツト rated it it was amazing
Very very great having at my bedside table for quick meanings to things i dream about. I really enjoy all of the detailed definitions. It helps me come to terms with out goes on in my mind subconsciously and has helped me worry less or more about different topics. A must have.
Ihasgeekpower
Feb 16, 2015 Ihasgeekpower rated it liked it
I really like this in the sense that it lets you know what your dreams mean but I don't really like the set up of this book because a lot of the time you have to flip through pages to find what you actually want. Anyway I really like it!
Lura Lacy
Aug 19, 2010 Lura Lacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
It was on sale. What can I say?
Justin Wayne
Apr 16, 2015 Justin Wayne rated it it was amazing
Great book comes in handy
Kate
Jun 25, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
Great reference for subjects that occur in dreams.
Anne-Mette Jensen
Anne-Mette Jensen rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Chairoplane
Chairoplane rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Amy Scheuermann
Amy Scheuermann rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
Drea
Drea rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2012
Yaimie
Yaimie rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Diane Rubendall
Diane Rubendall rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
sadie connors
sadie connors rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Kayla King
Kayla King rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Andie
Andie rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Mariah
Mariah rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Jessica Ginsberg
Jessica Ginsberg rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Frank Cavanagh
Frank Cavanagh rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Element Encyclopedia Of Secret Signs And Symbols The Ultimate A Z Guide From Alchemy To The Zodiac
  • A Dictionary of Superstitions
  • Flip Dictionary
  • Reverse Dictionary (Readers Digest)
  • Faery Craft: Weaving Connections with the Enchanted Realm
  • Your Face Never Lies: What Your Face Reveals About You and Your Health, an Introduction to Oriental Diagnosis
  • Random House Word Menu: New and Essential Companion to the Dictionary
  • Merriam Webster's Collegiate Thesaurus
  • Encyclopedia of the Undead: A Field Guide to Creatures That Cannot Rest in Peace
  • The Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus
  • Poltergeist! (Fate Presents)
  • Mysteries of the World: Unexplained Wonders and Mysterious Phenomena
  • Real-Life X-Files: Investigating the Paranormal
  • The Seventy Great Mysteries of the Ancient World: Unlocking the Secrets of Past Civilizations
  • Words that Sell
  • Encyclopedia of World Mythology
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures: The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings from Myth and Magic
  • Mind Over Matter (Mysteries of the Unknown)
"Theresa Cheung was born into a family of psychics and astrologers. She gave her first public psychic reading at the age of 14 and has been involved in the serious study of the psychic world ever since. In addition to being a tarot reader, she has lectured and organised workshops on numerology, tarot, dreams and other aspects of the psychic world. Theresa has contributed to women's magazines such ...more
More about Theresa Cheung...