The Future Widows' Club

The Future Widows' Club

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Welcome to the Future Widows' Club--a secret society of women who've been treated like trash by their no-good husbands and prefer waiting for widowhood over divorce. But sometimes waiting can be "murder....
Published April 1st 2005 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Future Widows' Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Future Widows' Club

Ginger Robertson
I loved The Future Widows Club by Rhonda Nelson. It's funny to serious and everything in between. And, you will be guessing until the end of Who Done It?!? This is a book that I have on my keepers shelf.
Ann
The book started out promising, then everything went out the window. If you want romance without realism this is your book.
Jeanne Jenkins
Jolie lives in Bless Her Heart, North Carolina. She has been married for two years to Chris Marshall. It is not a happy marriage. They don't even sleep in the same bedroom. The final straw was when Chris beat Jolie. She had her friend take pictures of the damage, and filed a police report. However, she did not want him arrested. She is just putting together a case for when she files for divorce. Apparently Chis is a looser. He took all of Jolie's mothers money and 'invested' in his company. Also...more
Jen_C
This was more a "community story" than I expected from the blurb. There was a lot of fun and humor, but also painfully long descriptions of the food the characters were eating, their lawns/gardens/clothes etc. It was not my cuppa, but others will really enjoy this.

Humor/characters - 4 stars.
Romance - 3 stars.
Mystery - 2 stars. = Overall 3-1/2.

More like chick lit. Memorable quotes:

He hadn’t actually spoken to her in almost two years, and these were… Hell, these were hardly ideal circumstances. Y...more
Heather
So for an amazon freebie, I thought this was really cute. I would have even paid money for it. I can see how it might aggravate readers who don't have much patience with the concept -- just get a divorce already. (Heaven forbid a romance novel fail to live up to the genre's reputation for rigorous realism and accuracy.) But I didn't mind the premise. I thought the writing was fine, the characters non-annoying. I went looking to see what else the author had written. It looks like most of her othe...more
Sara
Oct 24, 2007 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wanna be divorcee's
Funny book. It goes to show that if you feel as though ur husband isn't a good mate, so do others and have gone as far as to make a club about it. I was completely shocked as to who the murderer was considering this person seemed to me to be the biggest ditz.
Selena Robins
Really enjoyed the twists in this story, the premise, and learning more about what really goes on at those bridge games and what southern ladies really do when they get together for ice-tea.

Engaging and fun read.
Anna
I enjoyed this one for the most part. It was light and funny and the ending was a surprise. However, the romance was sort of abrupt and some scenes pulled me out of the story.
Rachel
This is a fairly fun read. I love the idea of the Future Widow's Club. I did not love the profanity in the book. It's not terrible, but a lot of it seemed unnecessary.

First the bad news:
I felt like the author tried to use a different euphemism every single time sex was mentioned… that was just odd.
There are a ton of comma usage errors, and toward the last quarter of the book, editing got sloppy - for example, using "do" where the context and dialogue indicated it should have been "don't", and a...more
Sara Rossi
Tag: Mystery; Romantic
Lynn Harris
Rhonda is my friend and fellow chapter mate, but yes, I loved this book. It's full of the wacky humor that Rhonda is famous for! The ladies of the club were hilarious, and the antics of a small Southern town were completely and totally spot on in my experience. I wish I'd gotten more of Jake and Jolie's romance, but that's just because it was all so fun. The book ended too soon for me.
Carol Waters
Mom made me read it. Just get a divorce. Jeez.
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Kelly Smith
Kelly Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Lynn Henshaw
Lynn Henshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 27, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Allena Heckman
Allena Heckman marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Janel Sheree C.
Janel Sheree C. marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Double Dare Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1) The Player The Specialist The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)