Start by marking “The Future Widows' Club” as Want to Read:
The Future Widows' Club

The Future Widows' Club

Welcome to the Future Widows' Club--a secret society of women who've been treated like trash by their no-good husbands and prefer waiting for widowhood over divorce. But sometimes waiting can be murder. Original.
Published April 1st 2005 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Future Widows' Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Future Widows' Club

Ginger Robertson
Feb 14, 2014 Ginger Robertson rated it it was amazing
I loved The Future Widows Club by Rhonda Nelson. It's funny to serious and everything in between. And, you will be guessing until the end of Who Done It?!? This is a book that I have on my keepers shelf.
Ann
May 01, 2012 Ann rated it did not like it
The book started out promising, then everything went out the window. If you want romance without realism this is your book.
Selena Robins
Jun 09, 2013 Selena Robins rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the twists in this story, the premise, and learning more about what really goes on at those bridge games and what southern ladies really do when they get together for ice-tea.

Engaging and fun read.
Sara
Oct 24, 2007 Sara rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: wanna be divorcee's
Funny book. It goes to show that if you feel as though ur husband isn't a good mate, so do others and have gone as far as to make a club about it. I was completely shocked as to who the murderer was considering this person seemed to me to be the biggest ditz.
Anna
Oct 22, 2011 Anna rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one for the most part. It was light and funny and the ending was a surprise. However, the romance was sort of abrupt and some scenes pulled me out of the story.
Rachel
Feb 27, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: modern-fiction
This is a fairly fun read. I love the idea of the Future Widow's Club. I did not love the profanity in the book. It's not terrible, but a lot of it seemed unnecessary.

First the bad news:
I felt like the author tried to use a different euphemism every single time sex was mentioned… that was just odd.
There are a ton of comma usage errors, and toward the last quarter of the book, editing got sloppy - for example, using "do" where the context and dialogue indicated it should have been "don't", and a
Heather
So for an amazon freebie, I thought this was really cute. I would have even paid money for it. I can see how it might aggravate readers who don't have much patience with the concept -- just get a divorce already. (Heaven forbid a romance novel fail to live up to the genre's reputation for rigorous realism and accuracy.) But I didn't mind the premise. I thought the writing was fine, the characters non-annoying. I went looking to see what else the author had written. It looks like most of her othe ...more
Jeanne Jenkins
Mar 01, 2014 Jeanne Jenkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Jolie lives in Bless Her Heart, North Carolina. She has been married for two years to Chris Marshall. It is not a happy marriage. They don't even sleep in the same bedroom. The final straw was when Chris beat Jolie. She had her friend take pictures of the damage, and filed a police report. However, she did not want him arrested. She is just putting together a case for when she files for divorce. Apparently Chis is a looser. He took all of Jolie's mothers money and 'invested' in his company. Also ...more
Jen_C
This was more a "community story" than I expected from the blurb. There was a lot of fun and humor, but also painfully long descriptions of the food the characters were eating, their lawns/gardens/clothes etc. It was not my cuppa, but others will really enjoy this.

Humor/characters - 4 stars.
Romance - 3 stars.
Mystery - 2 stars. = Overall 3-1/2.

More like chick lit. Memorable quotes:

He hadn’t actually spoken to her in almost two years, and these were… Hell, these were hardly ideal circumstances. Y
Lynn Raye Harris
Sep 25, 2011 Lynn Raye Harris rated it it was amazing
Rhonda is my friend and fellow chapter mate, but yes, I loved this book. It's full of the wacky humor that Rhonda is famous for! The ladies of the club were hilarious, and the antics of a small Southern town were completely and totally spot on in my experience. I wish I'd gotten more of Jake and Jolie's romance, but that's just because it was all so fun. The book ended too soon for me.
Sarah Adamson
Jan 01, 2016 Sarah Adamson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, mystery, ebooks
This is a really funny book - although I don't think the humor will be to everyone's taste! I hesitated sometimes but let myself just sit back and enjoy. It talks about some dark subjects in a way to bring realization, understanding and fun!
Linda
Dec 24, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and wish the author would continue it as a series. The ladies are witty and funny!
Emma Gillick
Mar 02, 2015 Emma Gillick rated it really liked it
The Future Widows Club is a secret society of women who've been treated like rubbish by their husbands and are awaiting widowhood over divorce
Shirley
Jan 07, 2016 Shirley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Cute. Enough of a mystery to keep you interested. Yes you'll find out the killer in the end but don't peek! It's a surprise.
Lynn Henshaw
Jul 22, 2014 Lynn Henshaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it!

I just laughed out loud! I couldn't help it. Loved Bitsy! Could have done without the sexy stuff, but the humor in the first half of the book was so worth it.
Carole Swinford
Jun 15, 2015 Carole Swinford rated it it was amazing
I loved the quirky characters who delivered some memorable one-liners. Humor, mystery, sweet justice and romance all in one great book.
Heather Chiren-Lucas
Heather Chiren-Lucas rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Deb Robinson
Deb Robinson rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Cecelia Warren
Cecelia Warren rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Lucinda
Lucinda rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Breanne
Breanne rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2014
diane
diane rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Chardonney Rushton
Chardonney Rushton rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Isabel
Isabel rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Brenda Goucher
Brenda Goucher rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Thicker Than Water (Brands Crossing Series #1)
  • Fish Perfume (Cozy Harbor Marina, #1)
  • Fragmented
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Coulson's Secret (The Coulson Series #4)
  • St. Charles at Dusk (House of Crimson and Clover 0.6)
  • See Mommy Run
  • Perfectly Matched: ...and the rest of the Matchmaking Chef Books (The Matchmaking Chef Collection)
  • One Way Or Another
  • Rage (Faces of Evil, #4)
  • A Cat Called Cupid
  • Foolish Notions
  • Sanctuary with the Cowboy
  • Love, Lies and a Double Shot of Deception
  • Perhaps I've Said Too Much (A Great Big Book of Messing with People)
  • This is your Life
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • You're in Good Hands with Al Tate