Duluth (Images of America: Minnesota)

Duluth (Images of America: Minnesota)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Duluth, Minnesota, "The Zenith City of the Unsalted Seas," is located on the shores of Lake Superior. Once a center for shipping, lumber, mining, steel, railroads, grain, and one of the nation's largest ports, it housed some of the wealthiest people in the country. During the 1880s, the New York newspapers believed that within 20 years it would be larger than Chicago. Due...more
Published July 30th 2001 by Arcadia Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Duluth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duluth

Beth
Since I consider Duluth my hometown, it's hard not to love this book. Loved learning and re-learning some of the history of Duluth. It's a great little book to relive the architecture that makes that city very unique. Highly recommend this book for anyone who has ever lived in, visited or plans to visit Duluth.
Krissy
There are a lot of old, beautiful houses in Duluth that were demolished in the 1900s. A large chunk of beautiful old homes and schools that are left standing have been turned into apartment buildings. It was a quick read, filled with mostly pictures and little descriptions of them.
Lynda
I grew up in Duluth so I was drawn to this book immediately. Was a revalation to me about how much I didn't know about my home town.
Amy
A beautiful book!! Written by my uncle Sheldon. :)
Travis Stephenson
Travis Stephenson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Karen Raisanen
Karen Raisanen marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2012
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012
Anita
Anita added it
Apr 28, 2011
Bruce
Bruce marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2010
Lost Duluth: Landmarks, Industries, Buildings, Homes, and the Neighborhoods in Which They Stood