Start by marking “The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion, Vol. 2

The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4: Secret Invasion, Vol. 2 (The Mighty Avengers #4)

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  395 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
ELEKTRA IS A SKRULL! Words that have echoed through Marvel Comics for the last two years. But how did this happen and for how long has this been true? Plus, the return of MAR-VELL has brought with it more questions then answers, but now all those questions will finally be answered. Also, find out all you need to know about Nick Fury's Secret Warriors. Then watch the lives ...more
Published February 4th 2009 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 4

Mela
Mar 11, 2015 Mela rated it liked it
If you've picked up these volumes (Mighty Avengers 3 & 4) because you want to read about the Mighty Avengers, then you have made a great mistake (or, perhaps the mistake was made by the person who decided to publish these stories under the title). These stories hardly feature the cast from volumes 1 & 2, and do not alone create a coherent story.

However, if you're an avid reader of comics, and you want more insight into how we got from Civil War to Secret Invasion, then you should most de
Ronald
Sep 22, 2011 Ronald rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This collection seems to be nothing but a number of unrelated stories without context or consideration of the timeline. Disapointed.
Mouse
Oct 20, 2015 Mouse rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Waaaay too much going on here and none of it really makes sense! This is a collection of various short stories! Skrulls everywhere? Electra is dead? But then she's back? Dum Dum Dugan a Skrull? The Wasp is dead? Captain Marvel is back? There was a Hank Pym Skrull? Where is everybody that Skrulls took over? The Green Goblin in Avengers tower? Dark Avengers? What happened to Electro? So confused and this book clears up nothing!
Brad
Oct 17, 2009 Brad rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
This set of Secret Invasion side-stories gives single issues to Elektra, Nick Fury and his Secret Warriors (they pick up this name later), and Marvel Boy, and two separate issues to Hank Pym. For those keeping track, only one of these characters (Pym) is a member of the Mighty Avengers team. Whatever. This jumble of characters and stories adds some interesting bits to the overall story, though only the Nick Fury story helps explain the main story.
Bendis has a really good handle on the tragedy o
Adam
Feb 05, 2010 Adam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The main Secret Invasion series was bombastic, fight-heavy, and read like Cliff's Notes, so I enjoyed what this series did with the event. Instead of mirroring and expanding the main events, like The New Avengers did, this book told backstories in each issue. The stories that focused on Elektra and Captain Marvel were uninteresting, the stories that focused on Nick Fury were decent, and the stories that focused on Hank Pym were really good. Pym's was potentially the most interesting story in Sec ...more
Mckinlay
Nov 11, 2015 Mckinlay rated it really liked it
It took a couple years worth of comics but I finally feel bad for Tony.
Kirsty
May 19, 2014 Kirsty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well that reminds me why I don't usually bother reading these things!
Enrique Peral
Enrique Peral rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Holden Attradies
Again, I think I liked this so much because I liked Secret Invasion so much. More side stories and questions answered.

I enjoyed having Pym center stage again, and really liked that him being such a flawed hero bled over into the skrulls that took over his life. My only qualm was that I had gotten the impression from the main story that Pym had been switched out a long long time ago.
Angela
This comprises of different stories, mostly of events that happened before the Secret Invasion. Though there is one that shows Pymm's reaction to coming back to Earth and finding out what happened. I think this is good if you have read a lot about the Secret Invasion, it is definitely not a stand alone piece. A good read.
Mark
Apr 14, 2012 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, avengers
Follows Electra, Nick Fury's new group and Hank Pym's (Yellowjacket) role in Secret Invasion.

Not a great deal of story here but does contain some important elements.

Notes
Secret invasion is great story line but some may find it hard to follow.

Learning Curve
Moderate: New readers might be confused.

Sonic
Dec 27, 2013 Sonic rated it really liked it
Many of theses Secret Invasion books feel like they are the story behind the story, but they are still enjoyable nonetheless.
Thomas
Feb 26, 2016 Thomas rated it it was ok
Too many side stories that I didn't care about
Sam
Dec 20, 2012 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not great as a stand-alone read. Seems like I've got a lot of Marvel's Civil War and Secret Invasion books to read.
Geoff Derks
Oct 17, 2012 Geoff Derks rated it it was ok
Basically footnotes. I would rate it higher if I liked Secret Invasion more.
Shannon Appelcline
Jun 10, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Interesting insights into the Secret Invasion, but very scattered.
W.T.
Jun 09, 2010 W.T. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's the AVENGERS! I love the Avengers!! RIP Jan...
Angela
Jan 31, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Lots more character stuff in this volume. Worth reading.
Sonja
Jun 21, 2013 Sonja rated it did not like it
Note to self: read again after reading the previous ones...
Sharon
Dec 09, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Sylvester
Sylvester rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Phoebe
Phoebe added it
Jul 24, 2016
Guibbs
Guibbs rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Gully Ditta
Gully Ditta rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Mark Bragg
Mark Bragg rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Garrett Ballendine
Garrett Ballendine rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Hannu Venesperä
Hannu Venesperä rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Mushi_kaira
Mushi_kaira rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: X-Men
  • Essential Classic X-Men, Vol. 2
  • Dark Reign: Hawkeye

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The Mighty Avengers (7 books)
  • The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 1: The Ultron Initiative