Start by marking “Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads” as Want to Read:
Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads

Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads

Give your knitting a touch of sparkle! Judith Durant shows you how to add beads to any knitting pattern using five easy-to-learn techniques. It’s simple, fun, and can be done right on your knitting needles. With step-by-step instructions for each technique, as well as 16 original patterns, you’ll be turning simple bags and wearables into stunning special-occasion creations ...more
Spiral-bound, 160 pages
Published June 10th 2009 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Knit One, Bead Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit One, Bead Too

Leslie Jem
Feb 20, 2015 Leslie Jem rated it liked it
Excellent photography, explanations of techniques/terms, and even my favorite type of binding (coil inside a hardcover; perfect for laying flat while knitting). However, I'm not quite ready to embark on beads yet. Interesting projects: Crystal Cardigan, Magic Mohair Beret, Beady-Eyed Cable Socks, Zulu Inspired Vest.
Haley Mathiot
May 30, 2011 Haley Mathiot rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Durant takes you through all the different ways of using beads with knitting (I didn't realize there were so many options! and each gives a different look!). There are tons of neat patterns and lots of inspiring pictures and clear instructions. I've got a whole slew of things I want to make now!
Kerry
Oct 22, 2010 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: get-creative
I bought this for my mum for Christmas and again it's a great one by Judith Durant. I have never tried knitting with beads, but after reading this one and looking at all the yummy pictures I want to try something from it. In fact I may simply have to acquire my own copy! :)
Maria
Sep 13, 2012 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-lit
So pretty! But a little advanced for me atm. I'll refer back to this when I'm at the knitting-with-beads level.
Liz De Coster
Dec 31, 2010 Liz De Coster rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting
I'll reference this if I ever decide to knit with beads, though I wasn't interested in the included patterns so much as the techniques.
Ginny
Aug 13, 2010 Ginny rated it really liked it
Loved it! Beaded, knitted items are gorgeous and someday I hope to make something out of this book.
Sherry Pilkington
Sherry Pilkington rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Lisa High
Lisa High rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2014
Lorri
Lorri rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
anne2059comcast.net
anne2059comcast.net rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Judy Langley
Judy Langley rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Paige Denham- Scroggins
Paige Denham- Scroggins rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Pat Hallam
Pat Hallam rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Susan Twidwell
Susan Twidwell rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Judy Brookes
Judy Brookes rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Angel
Angel rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2011
Kristin Lee
Kristin Lee rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Must Love Books
Must Love Books rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Sybylla
Sybylla rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Harry A. Cook, Jr.
Harry A. Cook, Jr. rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Bookjazzer2010
Bookjazzer2010 rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Dzizielia Coronado
Dzizielia Coronado rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Georgeanne
Georgeanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
Mj Hochberg
Mj Hochberg rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2017
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Judith Durant is a knitter and beadworker as well as author and editor of several books on both subjects. Trained as a theatrical costume designer, she took a circuitous route through various costume shops in New York, on to a New York theatrical book publishing house, and then to Interweave Press in Colorado, where she was book editor and one of the founding editors of Interweave Knits.

Judith is
More about Judith Durant...