Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads

Knit One, Bead Too: Essential Techniques for Knitting with Beads

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Judith Durant introduces you to fun techniques that will perk up your knitted items with beautiful beads. Five distinct techniques fully incorporate beads into knitted items rather than simply adding beads as fringe or appliqué. The results are intricate works of art that you'll be proud to wear or give as gifts.

Each of the techniques -- Bead Knitting, Beaded Knitting, Sl...more
Spiral-bound, 160 pages
Published June 10th 2009 by Storey Publishing, LLC

Mckinley
Interesting, several techniques.
Haley Mathiot
This book is amazing. Durant takes you through all the different ways of using beads with knitting (I didn't realize there were so many options! and each gives a different look!). There are tons of neat patterns and lots of inspiring pictures and clear instructions. I've got a whole slew of things I want to make now!
Kerry
I bought this for my mum for Christmas and again it's a great one by Judith Durant. I have never tried knitting with beads, but after reading this one and looking at all the yummy pictures I want to try something from it. In fact I may simply have to acquire my own copy! :)
Liz DeCoster
I'll reference this if I ever decide to knit with beads, though I wasn't interested in the included patterns so much as the techniques.
Maria
Sep 13, 2012 Maria added it
Shelves: knit-lit
So pretty! But a little advanced for me atm. I'll refer back to this when I'm at the knitting-with-beads level.
Ginny
Loved it! Beaded, knitted items are gorgeous and someday I hope to make something out of this book.
Cheryl
I took this out from the library and added it to my wish list.
Jan
Best knit-with-beads book I've read, need to purchase!
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Mary Kreul
Mary Kreul marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Carol
Carol added it
Mar 30, 2014
Omer Asim
Omer Asim marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
Dec 31, 2013
Kimberly Carter
Kimberly Carter marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Sybylla
Sybylla marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Sandra
Sandra added it
Mar 02, 2013
Ninemile Knits
Ninemile Knits marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 31, 2013
Crochetdreem
Crochetdreem marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
One-Skein Wonders 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks! Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences Crochet One-Skein Wonders