Start by marking “Dancing to the Music in My Head: Memoirs of the People's Idol” as Want to Read:
Dancing to the Music in My Head: Memoirs of the People's Idol

Dancing to the Music in My Head: Memoirs of the People's Idol

2.17 of 5 stars 2.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews

Sanjaya Malakar, the most popular contestant on Season Six of American Idol, gives readers a behind-the-scenes look at his meteoric rise to fame on one of the most-watched shows on television.

Despite finishing in seventh position, Sanjaya Malakar was the most talked about contestant on the sixth season of the television phenomenon American Idol. Best known for his flamboya
Published January 20th 2009 by Gallery Books (first published 2009)

Carrie
Am I seriously the first person on Goodreads to write a review for this? Now I feel a little ridiculous. But, before you mock me, can I just say I didn't intend to read it, but it was disturbingly addictive and two hours later, I was done with the whole thing.

It's like reading essays written by high schoolers or maybe college freshmen. The sheer amount of immaturity combined with thinking they're the coolest, most intelligent, fascinating person in the entire world makes for awesome reading.

I
Kaeleigh Forsyth
Jan 20, 2013 Kaeleigh Forsyth added it
Recommended to Kaeleigh by: Kate
thank you kate manolopoulos for getting me this book.
Terri
Impulse library shelf check-out! It's hard to believe this book has a co-writer. It's so poorly written but I don't think it's just because Sanjaya is an inexperienced (and young) writer. I'm assuming this book is geared towards the tweens or teens that were infatuated with Sanjaya on American Idol, which means it is absolutely boring for an adult to read. Readers expecting any juicy gossip about Sanjaya's own life, fellow Idol contestants, the "Big Three" Idol judges, or anything else behind th ...more
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Marvin
Marvin marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2012
Hilarie Tvedt
Hilarie Tvedt marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2011
Claire
Claire added it
Jul 09, 2011
Aimymichelle Clark
Aimymichelle Clark marked it as to-read
May 25, 2011
Jay H
Jay H marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2011
Melanie Douglas
Melanie Douglas marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2011
Rhiannon
Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2011
Zackary Christian
Zackary Christian marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2009
Nmikki
Nmikki marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2009